NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

Omega/Okada got rated 6 stars by 'Big Dog' Dave Meltzer. The only other match to get that big a rating was a Steamboat/Flair bout.

I got legit frightened for Omega's well being after he Rick Ruded himself on that back drop to the floor. Mental stuff.

Edited by Accident Prone

A big debut expected today at NYD, struggling to think who it could be

The Big Gaijin perhaps?

That wasn't quite to the overall standards of the past two years but with the obvious losses of talent last year that was always going to be a difficult standard. Cracking second half  of the show.

Love Ibushi and ACH is a good talent but don't care about that furry match

Junior tag was decent but air_raid summed up that division pretty nicely. Don't care about RPG Vice so Baretta's big bump just came off as a daft risk to me

The 6-man gauntlet missed the opportunity to have Ricochet and Ospreay in the ring together again briefly I think and I can't remember much from it other than uhh... apparently Yujiro is now The Godfather and YOSHI-HASHI is THE NEXT BIG THING

Cody v Juice.. why here? Cody, I don't mind the guy and it's nice he's doing things on his own terms but I'm with the lot puzzled as to why he's become a commodity of any kind. Awful theme too. Juice I haven't seen much of but he's GTFO-standard for me

The ROH title change took me off guard, though not a bad match. Thought Cole would be NXT bound this year and O'Reilly needs credibility by the looks of things

The tag titles caught me off guard as a really fun match, Guerillas Of Destiny have a great theme and Tama Tonga seems much improved from the last time I saw him. His tag partner's constant swearing is pretty funny too and greatly enjoyed Makabe joining in. I don't care he does the same shit every match, I love Tomoaki Honma. Only complaint is Ishii and Yano seemed pretty wasted out there, I'd have had Cheeseburger win the Rumble as it's a joke anyway and he's money, and have a Hard Bastard's Title #1 contendership match of sorts between Ishii and Elgin because I love Ishii and they're good opponents. Stick Yano in the 6-man gauntlet match instead of Jado. Jado, you selfish bastard; Rumble.

Juniors match really fun. My first time seeing Takahashi, his big senton was nuts.

Shibata and Goto was really good I thought, which surprised me a bit as although I'm a Shibata fan I'm less fussed about Goto but it was a good story with a quality opponent so I didn't mind the win.

Naito/Tanahashi was fantastic. Love that instant big match feel in New Japan.

I always wonder with these big cards how the main events going to surpass what's just followed but wow surperb stuff, "best match eva" from Da Meltz is pushing it for me, I probably prefered the last 2-3 WK main events as it took me a little bit to fully get into - adored Omega's entrance and thought Okada's by comparison underwhelmed and at  first I was rooting for a Kenny win. I'm delighted for Omega he's getting those kind of big plaudits though - he won me over big time this time last year after his match with KUSHIDA. Okada won me over though with some sickening bumps, Omega's big table bump was insane but I thought Okada's head fell off at a couple of points and I think after the big crossbody I began to root for him and from that point on - wow just scintillating stuff

So yeah terrific stuff generally. If pressed for time I'd just watch the heavyweight-tag match onwards as it was very top heavy as a show

Edited by sj5522

The ROH title change took me off guard, though not a bad match. Thought Cole would be NXT bound this year and O'Reilly needs credibility by the looks of things

O'Reilly is WWE bound apparently, and Cole probably will be in April when his contract ends.

Looking forward to seeing the Omega match tonight.

Edited by Tuna Taco

Yeah starting to become a big fan of NJPW now they have English commentary, was the only thing that put me off in the past and also liked the combo of Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino, going to watch the rest of Wrestle Kingdom in a bit and then start on the Dash show.

I've only had chance to see the main event as I wanted to watch it ASAP before the result was spoiled for me.

"Wow" is the only word for it, I certainly don't see that being topped at all in 2017. Omega is an absolute madman and Okada is just THE man in New Japan.

If you're a fan of Pro Wrestling you MUST watch this match.