* Michael Elgin (5-4)
* Katsuyori Shibata (5-4)
* Katsuhiko Nakajima (4-4)
* Toru Yano (5-4)
* EVIL (4-5)
* YOSHI-HASHI (3-6)
* Tomoaki Honma (3-6)
* Yuji Nagata (3-6)

Why did Yano get 5 wins? I could understand a couple but fucking 5, Evil and YOSHI-HASHI both deserved more wins than him.

So is this a de-push for Naito or will Goto win and Naito beats him in a couple of months to set up him vs Okada at Wrestle Kingdom? Do they plan on taking Omega to the next level? I figured they may just have him winning the IC title back in the next couple of months and then facing Tanahashi for it at Wrestle Kingdom. However I find that the G1 final non gripping, last year Tanahashi vs Nakamura was a match people thought would be awesome. 

Edited by westlondonmist

So it's Goto, who is having the worst year of his career performance wise, vs Omega, who is by any stretch a complete ham. 

I mean on the plus side no one could accuse this year's tournament of being predictable. And the last two main events have been sensational. If Omega was that good and that focused every night I'd have no problem with him in the final.

Actually that's bollocks. This was Naito's tournament and how that match tomorrow lives up to the past two days I don't know. Still as I said at the beginning, they've already sold the building out so I guess they can put anyone in 

I don't know much at all about Japanese wrestling but thought I'd give this years tournament a shot but it's been hard work watching it.

The first nights sanada/tanahashi and marufuji/okada matches were incredible but then it just seemed like sanada and marufuji jobbed out most of the tournament sanada more so when it looked based on the first night it could have made him that win.

The ishii okada match was incredible but every match has had a tedious count out spot and it became a chore after the fourth night. I guess Japanese wrestling just isn't for me but I don't think I could watch any promotion near every day a month and not get sick of it.

So the Omega is the winner, they have gone the full way with him and expect him to face Okada.  I doubt Okada will lose his next to 2 title matches to Fale and Marafuji. Since Naito has lost his headline spot despite seeming to be massivly over and possibly the most over guy in the company, I hope they have him vs Tanahashi for the IC title at some point (Elgin can't hold it for that long surely). Maybe they just feel like Naito has already won a G1, why should he have another so quickly.

Scotty, yeah the tournament is a chore to watch despite being loads of great matches. This is mainly because there is so many good to great matches and you have to watch so many high quality stuff in such a short time and most will not have the time, you will always have to skip good matches. The count out spot is famous in NJPW, I don't think I would mind it if they actually used it to end a match every now and again.

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

Maybe they just feel like Naito has already won a G1, why should he have another so quickly.

Nah. Didnt stop Okada winning in 2012 and 2014. Plus the Ignoblerones Naito is a completely different animal to spunky underdog Stardust Genius of 2013.

The decision will have been based purely on what they want to put on at The Dome. Assuming Kenny doesnt lose the case in the meantime - to Naito - im still dumbstruck.

Despite being a fan of Omega I've never really been into his promos however his post win press interview / promo was brilliant. Maybe one too many f-bombs for my liking but he came across as a total prick.

Really enjoyed the match, especially loved the homages to Ibushi, Devitt and Styles towards the end. 

Through choice, I've only seen around 25 matches from this year's G1 & they were mostly cherry picked contests from Block 'B' - didn't fancy 'A' much. I've yet to watch Kenny's penultimate match & the Final itself, but if anyone's still interested in seeing matches from this year's G1, I'd suggest / recommend these (in the context of the tournament, though not in the grand scheme of things):

(22.07.16): Katsuyori Shibata v Tomoaki Honma - (11:11)
(24.07.16): Tetsuya Naito v Michael Elgin - (22:12)

(30.07.16): Kenny Omega v Michael Elgin - (16:44)

(30.07.16): Katsuyori Shibata v Tetsuya Naito - (19:24)
(03.08.16): Hiroshi Tanahashi v Tomohiro Ishii - (16:10)
(13.08.16): Michael Elgin v Katsuhiko Nakajima - (16:50)

Edited by KingofSports

They charge you when you sign up and then on the 1st of the next month regardless. If you cancel, your account also closes immediately.

Been considering signing up. From this post, I'd assume the best time to sign up, would be the 1st of the month

• Paid Members

Through choice, I've only seen around 25 matches from this year's G1 & they were mostly cherry picked contests from Block 'B' - didn't fancy 'A' much. I've yet to watch Kenny's penultimate match & the Final itself, but if anyone's still interested in seeing matches from the tournament, I'd suggest / recommend these:

(22.07.16): Katsuyori Shibata v Tomoaki Honma - (11:11)

(24.07.16): Tetsuya Naito v Michael Elgin - (22:12)

(30.07.16): Kenny Omega v Michael Elgin - (16:44)

(30.07.16): Katsuyori Shibata v Tetsuya Naito - (19:24)

(03.08.16): Hiroshi Tanahashi v Tomohiro Ishii - (16:10)

(13.08.16): Michael Elgin v Katsuhiko Nakajima - (16:50)

If anyone fancies doing the best of A Block, I'd go Okada/Marufuji and Tana/Sanada from night 1, Okada/Ishii and OBVIOUSLY Okada v Tana which I thought was even better than the one they had in 2013 even though I saw that one live.