NJPW World

Sphinx

Doug Williams & Magnus won the IWGP Tag Team Titles a few years back, though they did win them on a TNA show.

Which I believe was done without New Japan's consent. Pretty sure that New Japan officials refused to officially acknowledge the title change at first and were furious that it took place.

It occurred to me that Will Ospreay could be the first British wrestler to win something in NJPW (Tournament or Title) since Mark Rocco back in '82, or whenever it was he last held the IWGP Jr. Title.

If you mean the WWF Junior Heavyweight Championship which was a joint title between the two companies then yeah he held that and Dynamite held it after.

Edited by Merzbow

That's the first I have heard of that. Anyone care to expand?

according to wiki:

In November 2015, Honma's girlfriend of 18 years, fellow professional wrestler Kiyoko Ichiki, accused him of domestic violence over the past four years. Honma denied the accusation, instead claiming that he was abused by her and stating that he was seeking legal action against her for trying to damage his care

That's the first I have heard of that. Anyone care to expand?

according to wiki:

In November 2015, Honma's girlfriend of 18 years, fellow professional wrestler Kiyoko Ichiki, accused him of domestic violence over the past four years. Honma denied the accusation, instead claiming that he was abused by her and stating that he was seeking legal action against her for trying to damage his care

When I 1st read that I thought you meant he was knocking off an 18 year old, so had been shagging her since she was 14. 

Honma's just been announced as challenger for the NEVER Title @ Kizuna Road.

With regard to the allegation. I first saw it mentioned on a Japanese site last December. Kyoko Ichiki was a Joshi wrestler for IWA Japan & BJW in the late 90s. Honma was with BJW at the time & they've been together since then. She's accused him of battery (supposedly threw her through a wall at their home) & vice-versa.

Moving on. The last 2 matches at Dominion dragged for me. Perhaps it was because I was knackered by that point. Didn't really enjoy either, particularly the ladder match. I find Okada to be hit & miss & has been for quite some time. About time he brought something new to the table. Learn some new submissions or well, anything.

Edited by KingofSports

Blocks for this year's G1:

[block A]:
Hiroshi Tanahashi
Kazuchika Okada
Hirooki Goto
Tomohiro Ishii
Satoshi Kojima
Togi Makabe
Tama Tonga
Bad Luck Fale
SANADA