NJPW World

Sphinx

Naito winning makes no sense, we are basically back to where we were a year ago with him holiding a belt he he used to kick to the ring and throw around. I read on another forum that they did something similar with Nakamura where their most popular star is always around the IC belt instead of the world where the fans want them to be.

Hoping ZSJ takes the belt from Naito so he can build up to the world title again. 

Not sure what Suzuki does now, can't see him challenging Okada again anytime soon.

• Paid Members

Last week, one of the backstage Naito promos was "Zack Sabre Jr beat me in the first round of the New Japan Cup, what's going to happen when I beat you, 'King' Suzuki" - basically saying he hoped beating Suzuki would trigger a Suzuki-gun revolt. That would be different. 

• Paid Members

Late April/Early May has effectively been one show's worth of title matches split over six events. Oddly having Desperado and Kanemura as a main event team didn't sell out Korakuen Hall. The problem with New Japan is they want to have all the benefits of a brand split, but can never get over the idea that every wrestler must be on every show.

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

Just figuring out the time difference. Am I right in thinking Friday's Dontaku (17:00 Japan time Friday) be live in BST on Friday AM?

Yeah shows are usually between 9am and 1030am at latest starts . Ideal working from home Fridays background viewing