NJPW World

Sphinx

22 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Love me some sweary NJPW Jericho.
I'm thinking he might win actually. He seems to be having fun in NJPW and I reckon he could get a few more decent paydays out of them. 

I bet Jericho is gagging to get in the ring with Tanahashi and/or Okada at some point. Whether or not NJPW have the money to keep Jericho around for those matches is another story.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Cheapheat said:

Kayfabe wise, why does Taguchi sell offense to his ass?

He often refers to it as the "World's Strongest Arse", and apparently has an arse-based arsenal, but it does make me wonder why he sells for attacks to the arse. I'd have thought that, like the headbutt guys no-sell attacks to their head and often have their opponents sell instead, he'd do the same thing with his arse.

Arse.

3 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

He often refers to it as the "World's Strongest Arse", and apparently has an arse-based arsenal, but it does make me wonder why he sells for attacks to the arse. I'd have thought that, like the headbutt guys no-sell attacks to their head and often have their opponents sell instead, he'd do the same thing with his arse.

Arse.

Yeah, that was my exact hypothesis. It's odd.

Edited by Cheapheat

Despy/Hiromu from the recent BOSJ show was quality. Preferred it to Ospreay/Scurll for sure, but think KUSHIDA/Ospreay from Dontaku is still my #1 Jr match this year. SHO and YOH are both so good, they're gonna be massive in a few years time. They've got the Ibushi esque look that'll take them far mixed in with wonderful wrestling talent.

12 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

SHO and YOH are both so good, they're gonna be massive in a few years time. They've got the Ibushi esque look that'll take them far mixed in with wonderful wrestling talent.

By and large, I completely ignore them. As rookies, at least Tanaka appeared to have some spirit. Komatsu had nothing, except Ohtani-level shit facials. He's almost 30 now and at 5 ft 7", I think any Ibushi comparisons might be a stretch. To be honest, I'd virtually forgotten about the pair of them, until a few months ago. Of what I have seen since, passable would be about as far as I'd be prepared to commit.

Yea, I’m not a huge fan of them either. 

Tiger Mask is the only undefeated wrestler left in Block A of BOSJ after 3 matches, will probably lose his remainder now which is what usually happens.

I’ll hazard a guess at Takahashi beating Ishimori in the final. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’ll hazard a guess at Takahashi beating Ishimori in the final. 

I'm sticking with Ishimori to win. Ospreay vs Ishimori for Dominion would be both comparatively fresh and a logical support to Okada v Omega, and you buy Ishimori as a threat because he beat Will on day 1. So obviously Ospreay beats him because.... New Japan, people tend to get their win back.

Hiromu probably will be the one to unseat Ospreay but I think that happens in the autumn or winter on the undercard of Naito winning the big one from Kenny.

After the Dontaku tour being 80% multi man tag matches it’s been refreshing to see a lot of guys in singles matches.

I know it’s not a popular opinion on here but I’ve enjoyed the couple of Flip Gordon matches I’ve seen so far, especially his match with ACH. 

Likewise Sho and Yoh have been better than I expected. Yoh vs Bushi being a particularly pleasant surprise.

Also, Taguchi has been an absolute delight, you forget how good he is when you get used to watching him in 6 man tags or skipping through Young Lions matches.