Old Gimmicks that would work in NXT

FLips

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jimmy Jacobs whilst in Chikara has been wearing something similar to the 'raptor' suggested gimmick. I don't know if I'm just making it up but I'm sure that during the Chikara re-birth angle that a number of the other rudos were wearing similar outfits. It did make them all look pretty badass.

5317731.jpg

Not wanting to de-rail the thread but continuing with badass Chikara gimiicks. I love the pure scary/creepy gimmicks, probably due to the 'shit in my pants' moment I had when Kane made his debut. I remember genuinely fearing for the other wrestlers because Kane was around. In Chikara they currently have Deucalion, even though I'm now a lot older it did take me back to that feeling that I had when Kane turned up.

titanoftitor.jpg

I thought the whole 'Blood Runs Cold' gimmick with Glacier, Mortis & Wrath was a Bischoff idea? RVD was actually contacted to play the Glacier character first. Kanyon recommended him to Bischoff as he thought he would have been a better fit.

For anyone who hasn't seen Glacier's shoot interview you should. It's really fucking good.

I'd like some more supernatural gimmicks actually.  Those Chickara gimmicks do look great.  Masks in wrestling are always cool.

It's been said on here before, but they HAVe to put Neville under a mask.  Neville as Roboop is a better idea than what they're doing with him right now.

• Paid Members

There's nearly always room for a Demolition or Road Warriors style tag team. Two big bastards with great looking gear and face paint who beat people up. Not The Ascension though. Probably should stay away from gimp masks too.

This one for me, too. Given the popularity of those classic teams it does seem pretty mental that they haven't ever really tried those gimmicks since. I guess that body guys with charisma and intensity are harder to come by these days, and when they do come along they are earmarked for singles runs rather than tag team wrestling.

On a similar note, I have also been waiting forever for another fat bastard tag team in the mould of the Natural Disasters. WWE just don't seem to hire proper fatties (350+ pounders) any more, but there must be some out there on the indies.

Archived