R.I.P. UFC 177

wandshogun09

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought I'd read before that Cejudo was a bantamweight so I'd assumed Jorgensen was back at that weight, fair enough then that wasn't an option really. I don't think it matters who steps in anyway, this is going to bomb badly.

Edit - I'm really not with it tonight, it was only a few days ago on Junkie I read about the weight issues and it has been mentioned on here as well about Cejudo struggling with making 125  :blush:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I thought I'd read before that Cejudo was a bantamweight so I'd assumed Jorgensen was back at that weight, fair enough then that wasn't an option really. I don't think it matters who steps in anyway, this is going to bomb badly.

Your point was still very valid though as Jorgenson would at least comfortably make weight.

I would hate to be working for the UFC tonight considering how little time they have to work I do wonder how much of the production will need to change on such short notice as I assume every promo video and pre recorded footage will be done by now. 

Does anyone think that Barao will get his rematch after this with both Cruz and Assuncao fighting in the next 5 weeks?

• Paid Members

Complete fucking shambles. It almost serves them right for offering up such a poor card in the first place. Jesus Christ. Aside from Castillo vs Ferguson and Correia vs Baszler, I have literally no interest in this now. And even those two fights I'm not that arsed about. This card was always shite but it at least had a quality main event and I was intrigued to see Cejudo's debut. I don't check the internet for a few hours and come back to find that Barao and Cejudo are out, killing the only real interest I had in the card.

Does anyone think that Barao will get his rematch after this with both Cruz and Assuncao fighting in the next 5 weeks?

I actually hope not. Barao might want to look into going up to 145. I read he passed out trying to make weight. There's been talk of him having really bad weight cuts in the past. Same with Aldo, there were stories going back to 2011 of Aldo being so fucked up from weight cutting for the Hominick fight that he couldn't even sit in front of the media on fight week. He was hurting bad.

I've brought this up a lot but I'll say it again, Nova Uniao really need to sort themselves out regarding weight cutting. Barao and Aldo have had nightmares trying to cut. Claudia Gadelha had to pull out of TUF 20 due to concerns about the cutting. Ronny Markes struggled. Nearly all the high profile Nova Uniao guys fade in fights. There was even a fighter from the camp who actually died cutting weight. There's too many cases of weight cut horror stories in that camp. It needs looking into. They need to change something. Either find better methods or actually let guys fight in their correct weight class. Andre Pederneiras seems to call the shots on his guys careers way more than he should, in my opinion. Aldo himself has been saying for at least two years that he'd rather fight at 155 but Pederneiras wants him to stay put at 145.

• Paid Members

depending on whether or not Soto's injury free (he fought less than a month ago), he's definitely good enough to make this very competetive. What an oppurtunity.

I actually had a 4 fight acca on (Barao, Bethe, Castillo, Soto). Im waiting for my refund now and im gonna go for Soto, Castillo, Bethe...at least try and win some money off the back of this debacle :)

• Paid Members

The best case scenario would be for Soto to win tonight. Much like Dillashaw's win, it would help promote the 'you need to see every show' message by having what seems to be a crappy show feature a World Title change. Would be better if it was in another division, but would still be a plus, especially if the fights a bit of a war.

Archived