If you could ask Vince McMahon one question

TheShowOff

• Paid Members
One Night Only's the UK show that really got switched about. If I'm remembering right the original card had Bulldog vs Shawn, Bret vs Austin, Undertaker vs Ahmed Johnson and Shamrock vs Owen as the top matches.

Correct. Along with The Patriot VS Vader, which logically would have left Flash with Rockabilly, who on the night made the trip but didn't wrestle, but did an angle with the injured Shamrock. Every fucker was injured at some point in 1997.

Original card then, THUS :

Davey Boy Smith VS Shawn Michaels

Bret Hart VS Steve Austin

Ken Shamrock VS Owen Hart

The Undertaker VS Ahmed Johnson

Legion of Doom VS The Godwinns

Dude Love VS Triple H

The Patriot VS Vader

The Headbangers VS Los Boricuas

Flash Funk VS Rockabilly

Tiger Ali Singh VS Leif Cassidy

I regular cry myself to sleep that I was supposed to get Bret/Austin live and in person before he got hurt.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Night Only's the UK show that really got switched about.

They all did, didn't they? Were there any that had a card announced a fortnight in advance and stuck to it? Sometimes even the main event would be changed on the night. In retrospect, it's mad that we'd get the real shows as part of a Sky Sports subscription but throw fifteen quid for a televised house show just because it might have "oo are ya" chants at some point.

• Paid Members

When exactly did you begin to suspect that Chris Benoit was responsible for the deaths of his wife and son? Was it before or after the decision was made to turn RAW into a tribute to him.

What's the deal with all the creepy, sexual stuff towards Stephanie over the years?

• Moderators
Mine is "Will any country outside US, UK or Canada ever get a televised event?" As an Aussie, I'm getting sick of inconsequential house shows where titles will never change hands and babyfaces win 90% of matches.

WWE have already done quite a few. Of the top of my head there's Japan, Germany, Mexico and South Africa.

Archived