Legends House

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

I just watched the first episode and I didn't really see it discussed anywhere but if celebrity big brother gets a thread in off topic every series then this probably warrants a a thread.

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, I really hate scripted reality shows but I knew going in would be stupid but I'd try to enjoy it on some level. I guess the formula could easily wear thin very rapidly or we could really get to know these guys. I hope more of the humour and content comes from their natural feelings and interactions with each other rather then making them do "funny" things like knock on their neighbours' doors and give them cakes, but judging from the preview with them stripping and stuff I won't get my hopes up. Gary Busey was awful, there's no need to put Gary Busey in something that already has Roddy Piper in it.

Howard Finkel got so fucking fat, when did that happen?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I managed 20mins. Boring. They'd do better having a straight out scripted sitcom featuring old WWE people than the tired and rehashed reality format.

Howard Finkel got so fucking fat, when did that happen?

He was certainly fat during his appearance as CM Punks personal ring announcer at Survivor Series 2011.

It was weird, but strangely captivating. I love crazy Roddy Piper. Him cussing out Gary Busey and the blender was awesome.

Hate to say it, but Hacksaw comes across like a bit of a prick. His debate with Atlas didn't show him in a good light, I understood his point, but he went about it a bit like an arsehole. Then again, Atlas seems like a simpleton, like a big kid I just want to protect from harm.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed it for what it was. I'm struggling to work out how much is exaggerated, I bought Piper being crackers until the very last scene with the moon. Just a bit 'behave'.

I agree about Duggan popping at Tony, seemed a bit daft, but do like his interactions with Piper.

Anyway, could be canny enough to watch regularly.

Also regarding hillbilly and Duggan. Without seeing much of either of them in recent years, when Jim has been shown on screen with a pony tail and shades, my initial thought it was Duggan

• Paid Members

i enjoyed it, stupid/throwaway reality TV stuff but it had a few laughs in there.

Piper seemed offended when Busey asked about seperating character from real life, Piper's too far gone, dude doesn't know what's real anymore. How the hell was Gary Busey even involved?

Almost choked on my cornflakes when i heard Pat Patterson comment aimed at the deli man serving him pork at the supermarket "do you like handing meat?" :confused:

oh and Mean Gene's a pervert.

• Paid Members

I'm absolutely loving it, cheesy and contrived is exactly what I want from this kind of show. Hopefully they'll do a few more after this one as they have an endless amount of guys who'd probably do it for the right pay. One of my favorite hours of the week.

Having watched the first episode, you can see why real networks didn't pick it up. There's precious little drama, contrived or otherwise. Surely big slagging matches and conflict are what drives these shows, and the first episode was just lacking sorely in that department.

Archived