Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members

Missed a big one which is that the NXT Takeover specials are going monthly.

Love NXT and won't say no to more original wrestling content on the Network but don't see this as a good thing. Surely the quality of these shows and the pacing of the storylines will only suffer from it.

I see your point but it makes more sense to follow the same model as they'll have when they get to the main roster. 

• Paid Members

Yeah it makes sense, but nobody wants to see NXT turn into Raw or have to suffer from the same constraints that the main roster does.

Great move from a Network perspective though, a monthly main roster special and monthly NXT special make for tremendous value.

• Paid Members

Vince announced they're up to 1.3m subscribers at the moment. That's pretty bloody impressive. I was planning to cancel after WrestleMania or Extreme Rules, but there's so much I'm still interested in seeing and the current PPVs are enough to keep me subscribed now.

• Paid Members

Missed a big one which is that the NXT Takeover specials are going monthly.

Ooh..!

Camp WWE and Swerved might, might be watchable... the rest sounds like pretty much a waste of time.

And I think they've already shot their load with the "podcast" thing. Triple H and especially Vince are people you rarely if ever see interviewed like that. Who cares about hearing what Cenabot has to say about anything?!

People who like John Cena? I.e. People with at least half a brain :)

Vince announced they're up to 1.3m subscribers at the moment. That's pretty bloody impressive. I was planning to cancel after WrestleMania or Extreme Rules, but there's so much I'm still interested in seeing and the current PPVs are enough to keep me subscribed now.

It is and it isnt. Remember that number includes all of the Mania subscribers who will likely cancel now the event is finished. In truth we wont know how good or bad it is until the Mania PPV buys come in and we know how many people still bought it the old fashioned way and paid the $50 or whatever it is in the states.

I believe thats the real reason why the stock dropped massively yesterday. If there were only 300k buys or similar then its a huge problem for them but if they did the same 690k of last year then its a huge positive. Id say anything around 450k is acceptable and 500k+ is a decent number for them.

• Awards Moderator

Goddamnit. WWE says the press release was a screwup and NXT Takeover is staying quarterly.

I'm OK with that. Some weeks on NXT are flat, crushing the build cycle for these shows won't help anyone.

Not like it's driving PPV buys is it? So it might as well be at a sensible schedule.