Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

For a while now they've been advertising a Goldberg WWE 24 episode as coming soon, but it still hasn't happened. Any word on this?

On 01/07/2017 at 11:02 PM, kidzero said:

gonna watch wrestlemania 11 tonight  have to say i know 1995 doesn't get a lot of love but have fond memories of it

There's some great stuff from '95 WWF out there for anyone who wants it.

Shawn Michaels vs Jeff Jarrett from IYH2, Bret Hart vs Bulldog from IYH5, Bret vs Diesel from both Royal Rumble and Survivor Series, Shawn vs Razor from SummerSlam in the second ladder match all spring to mind immediately but look out for other gems like Bret Hart vs Lean-Pierre Lafitte from IYH3. This was a particularly good in ring year from the Hitman - he had a couple of cracking matches with Hakushi as well, one on Raw and one at IYH.

There are some really good matches in 1995, but there is a lot of dross in there too and it's quite jarring when you see the places that they would run in those mid-90s dark days. Raw being held in High School gyms, In Your House PPVs would have the whole crowd on the hardcam side so that the place didn't look empty, Wrestlemania at the Civic Centre in Hartford, CT! And that's all before the launch of Nitro and WCW really giving them a kicking

• Paid Members

Arena business was awful in 1995. September was the lowest average attendance for a month they've ever had. Most guys at the time would take a small cash advance each night on a tour to cover their road expenses (hotels, cars, food, 'medicine'), with those advances being deducted from the cheque they'd get later on for their payoff for the tour. There were points in 1995 when lower card guys payoff for the tour wouldn't cover the cash advances, so they got nothing. Shane Douglas, who at points during his run was in the second-biggest match of the night, reckons he wound up losing money while he worked there.

Watched the Dusty Rhodes story. Dustin looked in a bad way in the "talking head" segments. Fast forward to now it's like a night and day difference. In hindsight it made no real sense to put Dusty in polka dots since arguably he could have been the 3rd top baby face behind Hulk and Warrior.

An angle vs the Million $ Man where he could have cut a "Hard Times" 2.0 promo would have been money. Yet they put a comedy gimmick but they were speculating it was all a rib on Dust. They seemed to drop it overtime when he started tagging up with Dustin.

The Beyond the Ring doc list is misleading as you have to go through the years to get them all to appear otherwise it's only some of them appearing at first glance. Seems the Superstar one is back now as IIRC they took some down. Is the new ECW one been shown before as I think I've already seen it? Same as the Bischoff one. 

1 hour ago, Really Big Shoe said:

Watched the Dusty Rhodes story. Dustin looked in a bad way in the "talking head" segments. Fast forward to now it's like a night and day difference. In hindsight it made no real sense to put Dusty in polka dots since arguably he could have been the 3rd top baby face behind Hulk and Warrior.

An angle vs the Million $ Man where he could have cut a "Hard Times" 2.0 promo would have been money. Yet they put a comedy gimmick but they were speculating it was all a rib on Dust. They seemed to drop it overtime when he started tagging up with Dustin.

The Beyond the Ring doc list is misleading as you have to go through the years to get them all to appear otherwise it's only some of them appearing at first glance. Seems the Superstar one is back now as IIRC they took some down. Is the new ECW one been shown before as I think I've already seen it? Same as the Bischoff one. 

That's a common thing on the network where a section has a lot of content within it. The menus can only show a certain number of things and users haven't got a 'display all' functional sometimes you have to do a bit of digging if you're looking for something in particular

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Any good episodes of the original ECW. Tv that may have slipped under the radar ?

Not too sure about episodes, but Psychosis/Tajiri from TV around Heatwave 2000 time is one of my favourite cruiserweight-style matches, and rarely gets mentioned.

8 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

That's a common thing on the network where a section has a lot of content within it. The menus can only show a certain number of things and users haven't got a 'display all' functional sometimes you have to do a bit of digging if you're looking for something in particular

Thanks the search could be improved too. I was searching for Superstar to find the doc and the search only brought up a list of matches. Had to find it by searching through the years under Beyond the Ring. But that's only a minor inconvenience as there's so much to watch on there. Apart from taking off Rock and Wrestling do they ever remove things to make way for new content or is more added on top. If that's the case will be good when they manage to complete all the Prime Time, TNT etc and start adding WCW Thunder, Saturday Night etc and shows like Wrestling Challenge etc.

• Paid Members

I don't think Thunder is ever likely to get added. Something to do with the tapes being a complete mess, mixed up, incorrectly labelled/dated. I'm not sure if this is the case for the other WCW shows not currently on the Network, so Saturday Night etc may still be Ok. I'm expecting they'll add Heat and Shotgun eventually as well. 

There was talk of them making an offer for the tape library, but if the story is to be believed it was a low offer (something in the region of $4m was what sticks out in the mind). Dixie had one of her usual delusions of grandeur and thought it was worth more than that and then sold up to Anthem after being sued by every man & his dog. 

What gets me is that TNA had no money to pay wrestlers or production staff, yet they somehow found the money to license Marilyn Manson's 'The Nobodies' as theme music for The Decay? Unless Manson did it as a mates rates for Billy Corgan, that will have cost them a decent amount in a time when they barely had two coins to rub together

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Man, not to get complete sidetracked but why didn't WWE buy TNA a few months back?

Even purely for the video library if nothing else ?

They couldn't have spared 10 million and just bought it outright ?

It wasn't worth anywhere near that. Maybe 25% of that may have been worth it to them. Even still, they didn't want any of the rest of the company, and TNA were going to find it hard to sell a company that didn't own it's own tape library.