The Jim Cornette / Alex Shane Kickstarter Amusement Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Yeah to be fair, a lot of good has come from Alex Shane too, the ROH tours over here and the Coventry "Superstore" for example probably being the highlights in the mid 2000's.

Suppose you have to throw a lot of shit at the wall though and the mentalist has thrown his fair share of it.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Just you watch if they don't get the money. Cornette will end up back with Sean Oliver complaining about the fuckin' UK fans would much rather fund a fuckin' documentary about a guy with a papier mache fuckin' head than listen to me complain about British fuckin' burgers.

The bloody thing is already at just over a grand and a half. Jesus!

• Moderators

Frank Sidebottom is an underated, yet integral, part of the thriving late 80s Manchester scene and was also piss funny. Jim Cornette is a weapon who's a walking outdated soundbyte machine for money, a wrestling Clarkson if you will.

I know who's kickstarter gets my money. You know I do, I really do.

Sidebottom and Shuttleworth are the MEGAPOWAHS.

• Paid Members

I'm really glad that I spent my morning on UKFF rather than doing something constructive otherwise I wouldn't have seen an Alain Robidoux reference, Butch saying that a CM Punk tattoo made him look like Marcus out of Big Brother, and then saying that Jim Cornette is a "wrestling Clarkson". Splendid.

• Paid Members

I never actually looked at that BWC website before. It's fantastic.

BWC School of Wrestling Knowledge

the BWC offers free support and assistance to wrestlers, trainees and promoters in the British wrestling business.

Membership costs just

Its right alex shane had done some stuff for wrestling in the UK but some much has come from it with new promoters, promotions and wrestlers he has nothing to do with. He just come across to me as a bit of a joke and a bit of a relic from the last decade trying to find a way to be valid. Whenever I see him at a show (When Thunder Strikes RPW as an example)he seems to be just doing something to be there and stick his fucking nose in with his stupid sense of self importance. I dont know what else he does but as said it really is time he stopped playing entrepreneur and wrestling guru extraordinare and get a real job. If he is actually making a living from what he does great but I always think he must be one of those low lives who simply beg steal and borrow money from banks friends relatives and hangers on with the promise of the next big thing....pathetic

• Paid Members

I still hold a grudge for the time that we had to pay double for a training session because he was a guest, and he spent the entire session spouting inane mythological shit about how HHH is like Jesus and the Nazis. Didn't learn a fucking thing aside from don't listen to Alex Shane.

Archived