The Jim Cornette / Alex Shane Kickstarter Amusement Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Mark,

Do you happen to have (and be selling) any used WWF/WWE turnbuckles?

Thanks!

We haven't got any at the moment, we do get them now and again.

Mr Sloan, where is your shop? Definitely making a visit after seeing those pictures.

It's in Portsmouth City Centre

Don't worry, you've got some options. There are TWO FINGS YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

1) NUFFINK!

2) LIKE IT!

811253372614.jpg

I always hated when he used that catchphrase - just so unoriginal. The first VHS I ever got was The Great American Bash 1990 which I must have watched 100 times. Anyway, Michael Hayes uses that exact line in his promo on that show. Alex Shane hypes himself up as the great promo man of early 2000s British wrestling, and I can't help thinking what a twat he is, stealing his big catch-phrase.

• Paid Members
Don't worry, you've got some options. There are TWO FINGS YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

1) NUFFINK!

2) LIKE IT!

811253372614.jpg

I always hated when he used that catchphrase - just so unoriginal. The first VHS I ever got was The Great American Bash 1990 which I must have watched 100 times. Anyway, Michael Hayes uses that exact line in his promo on that show. Alex Shane hypes himself up as the great promo man of early 2000s British wrestling, and I can't help thinking what a twat he is, stealing his big catch-phrase.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that he nicked it from Dok Hendrix - I think I've heard that line times out of number from various people. It's more just a common phrase that he used a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

In fairness there's the assumption that all of the money "donated" prior to today was from bona fide funders.

I expect the reality is this mob had money in at both ends - remember how there was something like over a grand in the pot at the point someone one here noticed it?

That's bush league, but I'm not shocked. Its embbarrasing because its now clear its a product people don't care about, at least not enough. Worse, the people involved really are fleecing what supporters they did have. Kick starter is a good model for genuine people, but when shit like this happens its disgusting.

Archived