The Jim Cornette / Alex Shane Kickstarter Amusement Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
had some good dealings with Mark Sloan, including having a stall at one of the supershows. If memory serves me right we did provide some emergency gear for one of the Noah boys (I may have dreamt this) as we always had quite a bit in stock on rotation. I bloody loved that shop...

Was always a pleasure to work with and even fight (one time in Buckland for IPW!) with Majik.

Both Naomichi Marufuji and Takeshi Morishima's bags were lost in transit as they flew to Europe for Pro Wrestling Noah's European Navigation 2008 at the Skydome. They did try Ringside for gear but unfortunately they couldn't get anything suitable, especially for Morishima so they actually went to Sports Direct! and grabbed some athletic clothing to use for the shows! Pretty crazy

Random Fact : Majik's shop was the sole reason for Wrestling Store's retail shop. After visiting a few times and seeing how busy he was, we decided to open up our store when we outgrew our building at the time. The result...

1048040_576930389025839_113189599_o.jpg

1044078_576929895692555_186588066_n.jpg

1013883_576929232359288_1868972189_n.jpg

1001497_576929109025967_831638581_n.jpg

These were taken months ago, but what I would have given for a shop like this to have been open when I was younger!

No hardcore bargain bin, but lots of cool one off items too, some signed and truly one off bits. I will take a few photos tomorrow and upload.

• Paid Members
Jesus wept. Unless you've used trickery (which I highly doubt) it's a high street JJB sized store full of wrasslin goodness. Lovely.

In tribute to WCW, there's a massive mirror on one of the walls to make it appear twice as large.

Random Fact : Majik's shop was the sole reason for Wrestling Store's retail shop. After visiting a few times and seeing how busy he was, we decided to open up our store when we outgrew our building at the time.

I think intellectual inspiration rights are worth roughly ten percent of assets, right? Calculating for past sales and interest, the invoice will be in the post.

No hardcore bargain bin

Fail. You'll never last. Have you learnt nothing from me??? ;)

No hardcore bargain bin

Fail. You'll never last. Have you learnt nothing from me??? ;)

But as promised a few nice bits that are on show. Lots of other bits in storage or elsewhere....

impactzonesign.JPG

The Orlando Impact Zone Backstage Interview Logo, when the venue was taken apart TNA sent us a few bit of memorabilia from the soundstage! Complete with demolition crew damage to the tips!

hitmansignedhockytop.JPG

One of the early Bret Hart Signed Calgary Hitmen Hockey Tops, pretty sure he signed this when we has over for us in 2005

hardypaintedfigure.JPG

Hand Painted Jeff Hardy Figure, Hardy painted 4 unique figures with different facepaint. The other 3 sold for over

• Moderators
The biggest risk we have is having too much great footage to work through and edit down into one killer documentary. Hence the more money we can make, the bigger editing team we can hire and the more streamlined we can make things.

Right, because with Hollywood films and that, where they shoot hundreds of hours of footage, everyone knows they have about two dozen editors. Money well spent, sign me up.

The video's going for a "What will outspoken crazy guy Cornette do in all these wacky situations?" angle. Gee, I sure hope he behaves monstrously towards a fast food employee, like that time he bellowed and screamed at a woman at the Dairy Queen, calling her a cunt at the top of his lungs while everyone giggled. There's a Drive-Thru package on there, celebrating that whole witty moment.

The risk part of kickstarter is my favourite section. Normally filled out completely wrong with something like "there's no risk to me!".

Seriously LMAO at the thought of someone dropping 3K and then flying out 7+ hours to spend, what I can only imagine, as the most cringeworthy day of all time.

And now we are at just over the two grand mark in pledges. Lordy!

- A camera that Jim can use himself in the US in the lead up to the trip, and also in the UK whilst the crew are not with him during the night/first thing in the morning.

Can probably live without watching the prince of polyester getting the shakes waiting for room service, and having a wank to take his mind off it.

Archived