The Jim Cornette / Alex Shane Kickstarter Amusement Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Last time Big Al and RF worked together was for Frontiers of Honor. The show where Alex hired the bloke from Strong Style Tapes who got caught selling RF shoots and ROH bootleg tapes at the gimmick table. I'm certain everything Alex Shane has attempted has some kind of carny bullshit story or ineptness running through it.

why would you go to all of the shows? Surely hes just going to telling the same stories at each one and Q+A's always throw up the same tired questions over and over again.

I'm not having a go, I'm just intrigued as to why you would pay to see the same thing over and over. At least when you say your favourite band they usually have some new material every couple of years

• Paid Members

Just listen to one interview with him. Its all the same. He's an absolute bore, telling the same stories over and over again. Everything is everyone elses fault and never his. Being black balled from wrestling for slapping a student, sending threatening e-mails to the companies account in TNA and generally being hated by everyone in Ring of Honor was all the fault of the hundreds of people involved who witnessed him being a fat man child. The fact he has to get on a plane which he's been deathly scared of for years just to see Alex Shane for a payday tells you all you need to know about him. He's went from the head of WWE developmental to begging Rob Feinstein and Alex Shane for money. Massive fall. He got exposed in TNA when he worked with Vince Russo. He can say what he likes about Russo now, but he bent over and took it from him for 3 years and only cried about it when he got the sack.

Is there a seperate Kickstarter being made to pay for the burgers? Some mug...........i mean lucky investor could get to hold a camera and film Jimbo eat a burger. Make sure to become an executive producer to make sure Alex gets fed too!

• Paid Members
What did he say to you? I didn't know you ran that with Fozzy, I thought it was Fozzy and Bagga then they had a tiff. You learn a new thing every day.

Twelve years ago now so don't remember all the details. He was actually fairly cool in general (if you put aside the actual act of ringing a teenaged fan for talking shit about his promotion online). Just asking me my opinion on the FWA product at the time, my gripes, asked me about imports, I recommended Scott Hall. It was a decent length conversation and I posted about it on here at the time but unfortunately a lot of it is lost to the mists of time.

He made a few comments about living near to me in Finsbury Park which at the time I took to be vaguely threatening but that could have just been me.

I'm not sure if Fozzy was involved in Baggas version of WrestleStuff. My version with Fozzy fell apart after he handed my number over to Alex, I wasn't pleased that he did that, and Baggas was quite a while after that.

Britwres is weird, man. One time I had Aaron Spencer and someone else offering me the chance to buy into RBW (which I later trained at) and I was like 15. I got told off in UKFF chat for bullying bagga one time for telling everyone that Bagga came to a Hammerlock show with his mum...it's iust a stupid scene that I haven't involved myself in in absolutely years.

• Paid Members
why would you go to all of the shows? Surely hes just going to telling the same stories at each one and Q+A's always throw up the same tired questions over and over again.

Wrestling fan Q&A's are always painful because people try super hard to be funny or controversial and always fall on their arse.

If this was a little cheaper and had no involvement from Alex Shane I'd probably take a punt as its a couple of minutes from my place of work. Some elements of Cornette's shoots and such are great fun, that said some just drag as he moans and bitches about the same thing.

Archived