The Jim Cornette / Alex Shane Kickstarter Amusement Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
Yeah to be fair, a lot of good has come from Alex Shane too, the ROH tours over here and the Coventry "Superstore" for example probably being the highlights in the mid 2000's.

Suppose you have to throw a lot of shit at the wall though and the mentalist has thrown his fair share of it.

Is that the one which was a small room above a games shop? Didn't the NOAH guys gear go missing for the first trip over here and went from the Sky Dome to JJB Sports instead of there for some stuff for the show as they didn't stock anything of any use?

I popped in once, they had a headbangers T shirt, which some bastard from here bought, and about 3 Million copies of 1PW shoots dvd's.

I still hold a grudge for the time that we had to pay double for a training session because he was a guest, and he spent the entire session spouting inane mythological shit about how HHH is like Jesus and the Nazis. Didn't learn a fucking thing aside from don't listen to Alex Shane.

I had the miss fortune of meeting Alex Shane a couple for times, and he had this wonderful double whammy of just never shutting the fuck up and never saying anything of note.

Anything I watched of him training people was laughable, I felt dirty after the one I opted into. Dirty and cheated.

1 hour, which felt like 5, made up of 55 minutes of talking shit about mythical inner souls and leaning on each other without any explanation as to why.

And when are we getting that Moss Vs Ryan match you were building on the FWA shows when they were back for a cup of coffee Alex. When?

God, he's such a massive cunt.

On a side note I also still have an E-mail from the FWA shop with an attachment some how sent to me from Helen to Tony with a to do list and a list of who had ordered what and how to contact them.

The bit that gets me is " fault with online system, blah blah blah lol!"

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Wasn't implying he did, was just making light of the earlier poster mixing up "Supershow" with "Superstore".

Was the Coventry Supershow I was on about being a thing Alex did I have found memories about (although I did win the raffle for a free trip to ROH and went to Joe/Kobashi, so I'm particularly biased here).

As far as I'm aware, Shane had absolutely nothing to do with the shop in Coventry (Ringside Live, IIRC). Majik ran it. It might have sponsored one or more of the Skydome shows, though.

I don't think Alex ever step foot in the shop when I was there. I'd invited him to come in a few times and had some good dealings with Mark Sloan, including having a stall at one of the supershows. If memory serves me right we did provide some emergency gear for one of the Noah boys (I may have dreamt this) as we always had quite a bit in stock on rotation. I bloody loved that shop...

576520_10151270551108156_1580699769_n.jpg

576508_10151270550838156_1479783755_n.jpg

59798_10151270551033156_1058444464_n.jpg

And of course, the EPIC famous Hardcore Bargain Bin. Gimmicks FTW...

76643_10151270550918156_902220257_n.jpg

Majik that shop looks bloody fantastic.

Cheers Ant - it took loads of setting up, and was doing quite tidily until Ikea arrived in Cov and killed the City centre overnight. Gutted :(

Had a great time on the road with Ringside too - auctioning off random 90s t-shirts to entertain some seriously bored visitors at a wrestling convention at Old Trafford with Gabe Grey was a particular highlight. I think the original Sunny t-shirt I had went for a stupid amount as Sunny was there of course. I also managed to sell a Warrior IC belt in blue I had promised to myself as a reward for being awesome :(

I loved that shop too. We stood on tables flogging t-shirts and forcing people to take Lita and Chyna t-shirts as "Free Gifts" for the ones they actually wanted.

On an Alex related note, I drove him and Raven round the country for a day, which was the first time I met either of them properly. One particular highlight was Raven phoning Alex from the front seat, whilst Alex slept in the back, putting on a very dodgy Indian accent and trying to buy Alex's Mum's car, as he'd been banging on about trying to sell it for her.

Conversation lasted four full minutes before Alex woke up enough to cotton on.

I also remember him doing a seminar for Kris Sprules somewhere by the sea. That was possibly the funniest moment in wrestling history.

• Paid Members
Had a great time on the road with Ringside too - auctioning off random 90s t-shirts to entertain some seriously bored visitors at a wrestling convention at Old Trafford with Gabe Grey was a particular highlight. I think the original Sunny t-shirt I had went for a stupid amount as Sunny was there of course. I also managed to sell a Warrior IC belt in blue I had promised to myself as a reward for being awesome :(

God, I'd complete forgotten about that.

That fat bloke who had loads of WCW taped of DSF was there too, the one who sales autographs which you know are legit because he prints his own certificates on his Lexmark inkjet at home which authenticates it.

Did you sell that on as a going concern and some one else ran it for a while, or have I mixed that up. Like I said, I was really stoked to pop in, and when I did felt a bit deflated. High expectations and all that I guess.

Majik, where did you get the old WWF shirts from at the time?

I wish I'd kept the guy's contact details as I'm pretty sure I could still make a killing of it all. He was warehouser in the US and would ship me boxes and boxes of shirts that worked out about

Archived