Worst Episodes of TV ever

WWFChilli

The one with Jeremy Piven and the HA Gay! guy and the 'Summerfest' disaster was pretty bad too.

Fuck that, Jeremy Piven was one of the better guest hosts. Ken Whatshisface was annoying as ever though.

I vividly remember a lot of 2009 episodes being a massive chore, especially during the never ending Cena/Orton feud which seemed to follow the same promo-beatdown-promo-beatdown forumula every week for months on end. It's difficult to pinpoint a single episode because they all seemed to blend into one.

The Nexus episode mentioned above was hideous, and it was a 3 hour special amongst 2 hour shows. Fortunately the end segment saved it from being a total disaster, but I was tempted to switch off at one point.

There was an episode of Impact from the Main Event Mafia days that stands out as terrible, but mainly due to the build it was given. It was that riot episode which was built up as unmissable in the previews, but then amounted to absolutely fuck all by the end of the episode.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The one with Jeremy Piven and the HA Gay! guy and the 'Summerfest' disaster was pretty bad too.

Fuck that, Jeremy Piven was one of the better guest hosts. Ken Whatshisface was annoying as ever though.

They were both shite. Piven being crap particularly stands out for me though. I seem to remember a lot of that Raw being a big advert for some substandard comedy film he was in at the time and him calling Summerslam "Summerfest". Dreadful. Still much love for Judgment Night though.

• Paid Members
I remember thinking that the Nexus Invasion Raw was terrible until the final segment happened. A lot of those 2010 Raw were bad with the same script each week but a different guest host.

I don't know about intentionally *bad* but supposedly that show was booked to be uneventful so that the Nexus deal would stand out even more.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember a couple of Raws from the Summer of 98 which were really weak. One had Kane and Undertaker interfering in every match (all of which included lower card/jobbers) and the other one just had a really weak roster/card with no advancement of angles or anything. Anyone else remember these? They would have been around Summerslam of that year.

• Moderators
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember a couple of Raws from the Summer of 98 which were really weak. One had Kane and Undertaker interfering in every match (all of which included lower card/jobbers) and the other one just had a really weak roster/card with no advancement of angles or anything. Anyone else remember these? They would have been around Summerslam of that year.

Scorpio vs Jeff Jarrett main event!

Scorpio vs Jeff Jarrett main event!

That was a Saturday Night Raw which they probably figured no one would watch so didn't load it up with storyline advancement.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Around King of the ring i think. Undertaker just strolling down ramp and throwing out a chokeslam for no reason to somebody. Might be getting mixed up but i'm sure one started with a LOD 2000 street fight.

Others wank ones are the Raw Ian mentioned other day which is the April 97 RAW from South Africa. A raw after Survivor Series 2010 especially which involved Virgil leaving Ted.

Yeah, Around King of the ring i think. Undertaker just strolling down ramp and throwing out a chokeslam for no reason to somebody. Might be getting mixed up but i'm sure one started with a LOD 2000 street fight.

Others wank ones are the Raw Ian mentioned other day which is the April 97 RAW from South Africa. A raw after Survivor Series 2010 especially which involved Virgil leaving Ted.

No I think the LOD/DOA street fight is the one where Taker demands a title shot only to be given a no. 1 contenders match against Kane...Kane wins after interference from the returning Mankind with Austin on commentary.

I think!

• Paid Members

The one where Kane/Taker interfered in every match had a storyline point though at least. They had to prove to Vince that they were worthy of a title shot against Austin and were dangerous enough to take the belt from him. By the end of the show Vince granted them the match after knocking the fuck out of the whole roster.

I think it stood out more as it came in a year of exciting TV, but the RAW from the night after Survivor Series 1999 stands out in my mind as being pretty rotten. Doesn't read too bad on paper mind.

Mankind defeated Val Venis via submission with the Mandible Claw at 4:51

Kurt Angle pinned the Godfather with the Olympic Slam at 2:58 after the Godfather became distracted by a fan at ringside that had a sign reading 'World Wide Filth'

Gangrel (w/ Luna) pinned Chris Jericho with a northern lights suplex at 1:27 after Jericho became distracted by Chyna and Miss Kitty at ringside

WWF World Champion the Big Show defeated WWF European Champion Davey Boy Smith (w/ the Mean Street Posse) via disqualification at the 33-second mark after the Posse interfered

WWF Tag Team Champion the Road Dogg pinned Al Snow at 4:14 with the pumphandle slam; after the bout, Mankind cheered Snow up following the loss

Test pinned WWF Tag Team Champion Billy Gunn with a roll up at 4:30 after avoiding the Fameasser; after the bout, Gunn hit the Fameasser on Test

Triple H defeated Kane via disqualification at 4:42 when Vince McMahon interfered; after the bout, Kane hit a chokeslam on Triple H

WWF Hardcore Champion the Big Bossman pinned the Rock in a non-title hardcore match with the sidewalk slam at 4:41 after Albert distracted the Rock; following the bout, the Rock attacked both men as well as several officials; due to prematch stipulations, the Bossman became the #1 contender to the WWF World Title

Archived