Worst Episodes of TV ever

WWFChilli

• Paid Members

Just made my way through the early stages of WCW in 1999. It's an obvious answer to give WCW a knock on their product but there is a period in February 1999 where the show goes absolutely barmy and begins falling off a cliff. Ratings were still alright ut angles where the nWo beat Ric Flair in a field with axe handles is a bit out there. A few weeks later they do all sorts of weird skits with Hogan like a slobbering dog over one of Torrie Wilson's nameless mates, never mind Bagwell and Scotty Steiner being forced to be traffic cops for the day. Madness, absolute madness.

The worst of TV. Fire away. Links if you want.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just made my way through the early stages of WCW in 1999. It's an obvious answer to give WCW a knock on their product but there is a period in February 1999 where the show goes absolutely barmy and begins falling off a cliff. Ratings were still alright ut angles where the nWo beat Ric Flair in a field with axe handles is a bit out there. A few weeks later they do all sorts of weird skits with Hogan like a slobbering dog over one of Torrie Wilson's nameless mates, never mind Bagwell and Scotty Steiner being forced to be traffic cops for the day. Madness, absolute madness.

IIRC that was the Nitro where literally the entire first hour was made up of pre-taped promos and videos. That's the same first hour which used to air unopposed to Raw, so they spent an entire hour pissing their audience off just in time for them to turn over to Raw. Needless to say they never did it again. Fuck knows what they were thinking to even do it in the first place.

I can't pinpoint exact episodes but the Sullivan-era WCW shows from 2000 were a real chore to sit through, the only time I ever came close to not bothering to watch WCW (and that includes the 5-hour back to back Nitro/Thunder marathons they used to air on TNT).

That episode of RAW in October 2011 where they revealed around 4 different angles in one night which were all shite. Then Punk and Trips became mates and Punk went on commentary after Triple H telling him to make pipebombs. I think it may have been the episode after HIAC 2011. If I remember rightly a fair few on here thought there would be some sort of nWo angle played out with Nash showing up every other week.

Awful.

That episode of RAW in October 2011 where they revealed around 4 different angles in one night which were all shite. Then Punk and Trips became mates and Punk went on commentary after Triple H telling him to make pipebombs. I think it may have been the episode after HIAC 2011. If I remember rightly a fair few on here thought there would be some sort of nWo angle played out with Nash showing up every other week.

Awful.

Yeah wasn't that the angle where everybody had 'No confidence' in Triple H so only him Cena, Sheamus and Punk were on Raw to start. Then Vince came in and brought everyone back then made Johnny Ace the GM? Really shit time in WWE.

• Paid Members

Oh yeah that was fucking shit. The week before they had the mass roster walkout, then the next week they opened up with some wanky segment with Triple H, Punk (at his babyface worst), Cena and Shaemus. Then Vince came out (even though he had been sacked by the board a few weeks earlier) and told Triple H he was out and John Lariniutus was the new boss...all the roster returned, they fired JR and the previously fired Miz and R-Truth were rehired and the conspiracy angle was never mentioned again. This was all in the first 30 minutes. And we went right back to the old "heel authority figure" angle. What a mess.

A Raw in 1997 always haunts me as being the worst wrestling show I've watched. It was Dx drinking in their pants, playing cards and squashing everyone. I can't remember if there was a reason for it but it was all horrible. WCW thunder was brutal sometimes but at least it still passed as a wrestling show which to me is something that the Raw couldn't.

It was Wrestling at it's worst. Especially considering the television up to that point had been rather exciting. It also made that Triple H & CM Punk Vs The Miz & R-Truth match at Vengeance which wasn't at all great. Wasn't Vengeance that year the least purchased PPV? The worst part was hearing Triple H bury the majority of the roster with the classic line “I can wrestle a broom better than most of the guys in the back". I remember Christian having it out in a match in his street clothes later on which was a regular match aswell for some reason..

I remember hearing Alcatrez and Meltz absolutely ripping the episode to shreds that week. In the the only time I've listened to there podcast.

Looking back I can say some positive did come out and that was Johnny Ace just being great for many months after.

• Paid Members

I remember my dad, who thought that the wrestling was shite but secretly loved it, walking in to see Flair being murdered or something in the desert, and asked "what is this shite?". I was at a loss, and realized that meant WCW was totally unwatchable, at least for a while.

• Paid Members
Raw 2009 eps with Sgt. Slaughter as guest host.

A lot of the guest host episodes were shit. The ZZ Top episode was particularly dire, with music cues being missed and the whole thing looking like they'd cobbled it together at the last minute with fuck all planning.

A Raw in 1997 always haunts me as being the worst wrestling show I've watched. It was Dx drinking in their pants, playing cards and squashing everyone. I can't remember if there was a reason for it but it was all horrible. WCW thunder was brutal sometimes but at least it still passed as a wrestling show which to me is something that the Raw couldn't.

Oh come on - they didnt squash anyone really. They belted one of the Headbangers in the head with a boombox. Apart from that they just took the piss. DX Sep-97 to March 98 was great

Archived