Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

Just watching Smackdown and for the first time in a long time I actually laughed at JBL. When the jobber with no chin was attacked by The Miz, JBL just says 'he coulda broke his jaw!'.

I quite like the jobber. They should keep him around in a Colin Delaney role.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought SD was a decent show this week. It was better than Raw's offering anyway.  It's amazing how much turning the Usos heel has made them more watchable. Orton Vs The Wyatt's can fuck off though as I'm bored of that shit already.  When Cena and Ambrose were trading blows and the crowd just booed both guys you just know that Styles is clearly the babyface in the match at No Mercy.  It seems official the crowd have turned on Ambrose already.

SmackDown has become a really easy watch, i like it and the time flies back, however it very much feels like the B show still and just making it live has done nothing to change that. The show needs more talent at the top of the card.

Baron Corbin v Jack Swagger is probably going to be the 3rd biggest match on thr card at No Mercy and that says all you need to know.

It still doesnt feel like anything big is going to happen and its a very predictable sho, albeit a decent hour and a half.to watch.

I know nothing really happens on RAW anymore but i dont know what it is but there is always that feeling something big 'could' happpen, dont get that with SmackDown yet.

Becky and Ziggler basically said the same things about how they weren't meant to be champions yet Becky came across great and Ziggler came across as an absolute prick, maybe because it was so similar to Becky's who'd already said the same thing at the top of the show.

Becky and Bliss were boss in that open segment. Although Bryan reminding everybody that it was the SmackDown Live Women's Title in every sentence was a bit too much. The other women's match was ok and continued the feud between Carmella and Brie. That division looks sound for the time being.

Uso's and AA promises to be a quality feud, one of the best tag team feuds in recent memory. While Heath and Rhyno remain perfect in their current role. If they could build one or two of the other teams into credible threats, that division would be sound as well.

Corbin and Crews were fighting again, very quickly becoming this generation's Kofi/Ziggler. While Swagger is knocking around in the background and nobody knows what the fuck for.

Miz beat Ziggler again! Although again by backhanded tactics meaning Ziggler will probably get yet another shot at the Title at No Mercy. Probably still with the storyline that he needs to win a big match or...well or nothing will change and he'll just go into the next feud with the mantra that he needs to win a big match or...My guess is that since Bryan can't get into the ring to wrestle, and since my wish that Kendrick would come to his aid, Bryan will instead get into the ring to officiate and cost Miz the title. While it'd be a heel thing to do, the fans are gonna cheer for Bryan anyway and are gonna cheer even more for Miz losing the belt.

Wyatt and Orton are feuding. According to Ranallo this feud went "from zero to a hundred, very fast". So fast that I think most of us missed it getting to a hundred because it's still very much at zero.

Main event was alright. Ambrose winning clean was a surprise. The fans were proper pissed off with Bryan not making the title match for right there and then, instead booking it for next week. Styles remains the best, and only, option for champion. 

Overall a decent showing I thought. I was expecting them to trot Jerry Lawler out at some point though just because they were in Memphis and it'd have gotten a decent pop.

Overall a decent showing I thought. I was expecting them to trot Jerry Lawler out at some point though just because they were in Memphis and it'd have gotten a decent pop.

They were in Birmingham, Alabama wern't they, sure thats what came up at the Top of the show and the references to Alabama College Football

Archived