The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

They are doing a press conference for the Network launch 2 days later. I wonder if they are planning on announcing the network on the Old School Raw and bringing back someone old names (big ones, not Tatanka) for the show? Seems convenient that they are doing an Old School Raw that week of all weeks.

• Paid Members
I thought the Rumble was the week before, not after.

In which case, its a touch soft of them to have the long awaited return on free TV the week before a clear opportunity to make some money out of it.

He'll only be returning. He'll be in action for the first time at the Rumble I'd imagine. Probably returning and announcing exactly that and teasing something for 'Mania. Giving the big return away for free the week before the Rumble worked out alright with Triple H in 2002. Batista is far too big a name to be an unannounced surprise in the Rumble. He needs to return and make his motives and intentions for returning clear.

So, Bryan officially joins the family. On the one hand, I'm vaguely curious to see how it pans out; as in, I genuinely hope it won't be as terrible as I think it will. On the other, they've taken the guy with the biggest babyface reactions over the past 12 months and put him underneath a guy who's been on the main roster for about half that time. Somehow I think it's a compliment to Bryan, that they think he can elevate Wyatt to megastardom. But it's almost inevitably going to go in like a soggy dick with everyone mercilessly cheering for Bryan as he steamrollers midcard faces like Kofi and The Usos.

Also, why run a house show on the same night as a live Raw? Obviously it's "holiday season" so bad ratings don't count, but Christ Almighty.

Lesnar isn't in the Rumble though. He's the "self proclaimed" number 1 contender. Pretty decent edition of Raw. Lesnar returning and the beat down on Henry was great, The dissention between the Shield is increasing and Bryan joining the family is interesting. We still could have done with this being a two hour show though. Anyone else hate Xavier Woods?

Actually no idea where they're going with Daniel Bryan joining the Wyatt Family but I can't help but feel it's for the benefit of Bray rather then anything else. It would definitely appear that Bryan is way out of the title picture now though.

Always good to see Lesnar back but I hope the angle with Menry was just a brief showing of Brock's power. There's much bigger fish for him to fry like Undertaker, Cena, Orton or Batista.

I still think it's a bit too early for them to split up The Shield. I'm predicting a 3-way between them at Mania after it all comes to a head at the Rumble. Reigns is the stand out but Rollins recent showings against Cena and Punk say he could be the early front runner for success post-Shield.

I really liked Raw, few good matches, some decent matches and you can sense Mania season is upon us.

Punk/Rollins was a fine opener, The slower the better for The Shield break up the better and this had some good teases.

Really enjoyed Big E/Fandango aswell, glad it got given some decent time.

The main event was very enjoyable too, Really not sure about this Bryan joining the Wyatts, I think its pretty safe to say Bryan will turn on them eventually but I hope it doesnt play into a Wyatt/Bryan match at Mania. Also not sure if turning your hottest babyface by joining the number one heel group is such a good idea.

Im also dissapointed that the chances of HBK/Bryan at Mania look slimmer now.

The Lesnar stuff was fucking incredible. I really hope Cena takes the belt at the rumble just so we see Cena/Lesnar 2. Batista/Orton at mania sounds ok but am I the only one really wanting Lesnar/Dave at Mania?

So yeh pretty enjoyable,lots of development and old school raw next week should be fun

Anyone else of the opinion that from Bryan's reference to the machine that the thought process might be thus:

1) Bryan realises that The Authority will ever let him be Champion.

2) Pretends to join the Wyatt family.

3) The entire Wyatt family enters the rumble in order to help Bray win it.

4) Bryan double crosses Bray in order to win the rumble as he knew he needed the help and to fool the authority in order for them to even let him in the Royal Rumble.

5) Bryan has title shot at mania.

It's convoluted as hell but I wouldn't be surprised.

• Paid Members

I thought the end segment was weak. Not only was this turn a tad rushed, but the execution of it wasn't much cop. Oh well, I hope this leads to something decent (Cena/Hogan v Wyatt's). Bryan did well to get the fans kind of into it at the end, but you would expect a much bigger resistance from the fans, which is why I think the execution wasn't great.

My willy started to throb once Henry's music hit during Lesnar's promo.

The Shield stuff is going well. It's quite clear what order WWE rank the group, and it's hard to argue with the choices. It's mad that folk were saying that Ambrose was the "next Roddy Piper" and the other two would struggle and all that stuff, but Ambrose is well behind the other two. WWE must have been chuffed with the fans chanting for Roman Reigns during the argument.