The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I know it was last week's episode but they ran it again and had a backstage segment referring it to, but why is whitemeat babyface Bayley using a distraction to beat Nia Jax then gloating about it backstage?

Terrible booking.

First episode I've tried to watch in months and I put it off during the Michaels segment, I thought it couldn't get any worse after the cruiserweight match but then that abomination happened. I can't believe people still watch 3 hours of that shit.

That Michaels/Enzo + Cass and Rusev stuff was a real low point, terrible, so bad all around.

Is it me or do none of these fuckers have any chemistry with each other, the whole roster is fucking up spots and stumbling and mumbling over promo's, I see people say this current crop are the best talent wise but to me they are a bit shit at Wrestling.

• Paid Members

They're wrestlers trying to be actors and failing. Then again, genuine actors would probably struggle to perform a different "play" live every night having picked up a script in the afternoon. Then you get moments like Charlotte saying Bayley couldn't "handle a candle" to her.

They really need to reassess things and script those who are uncomfortable and let some of the others off the leash. The material and style are woeful.

I find it hilariously bad so I don't mind as much as some.

• Paid Members

Has WWE ever invested in sending their talent to proper acting classes, or even invited a teacher backstage to help?

Given the current lot, probably not, but it's the weirdest thing watching a wrestler playing wrestler while trying to remember their lines and forgetting the whole engaging element of any great public speaking. Personally, unless a proper star is cutting a promo I think I've skipped 95% of the promos this year because nobody really says anything interesting when I bother.

Of course, the scripted promo can work wonders with someone that is comfortable reading lines in front of a large crowd. Sting being an example.

Edited by ColinBollocks

It would be better to say nothing than continually mess up and look so wooden in the delivery of the promo. They really need to let those who can talk off the leash and those who can't give them things they can't trip up over.

At least we have Undertaker v Strowman at WM to look forward to. 

• Paid Members

don't know why, but i felt inclined to watch the Noam Dar segment on youtube, even after the appalling one they did last week. This week's was just as bad if not worse, what the fuck are they thinking? Proper 'jump the shark' stuff for me, i think im gonna have to step away for a while.

Stephanie Mcmahon is fucking loathsome.

That's the perfect response they'd want, IF she followed it up with helping babyfaces. But she doesn't. Saying that, Dave Meltzer mentioned that Sasha had a big match scheduled for Mania. If it's not a three way with Charlotte and Bayley, it could be something with Steph. Or, of course, she just did it for the sake of it.

Stephanie Mcmahon is fucking loathsome.

That's the perfect response they'd want, IF she followed it up with helping babyfaces. But she doesn't. Saying that, Dave Meltzer mentioned that Sasha had a big match scheduled for Mania. If it's not a three way with Charlotte and Bayley, it could be something with Steph. Or, of course, she just did it for the sake of it.

She's been doing this bollocks for over 3 years now and in that time she's helped absolutely nobody. 

She's an insecure mark for herself. 

• Paid Members

Every single HBK segment since his retirement has been fucking shit. It's as though he lost every bit of promo ability he had the second he retired. It was a car crash segment and Enzo wasn't needed out there either - watching him painfully limp around the ring was embarrassing. 

I did enjoy Braun vs Seth and the main event though. Would love Reigns to take the belt at the Rumble as Owens title run has been underwhelming. 

Undertaker being in the Rumble is fine, but the thought of him vs Strowman at Mania doesn't excite me at all. And I like Strowman.

Every single HBK segment since his retirement has been fucking shit. It's as though he lost every bit of promo ability he had the second he retired. It was a car crash segment and Enzo wasn't needed out there either - watching him painfully limp around the ring was embarrassing. 

I did enjoy Braun vs Seth and the main event though. Would love Reigns to take the belt at the Rumble as Owens title run has been underwhelming. 

Undertaker being in the Rumble is fine, but the thought of him vs Strowman at Mania doesn't excite me at all. And I like Strowman.

That's complete nonsense. The stuff he did during the build up to Triple H's matches with Taker and Brock was fantastic. Though it's easy to forget that a) he's been retired for seven years and there's a LOT of stuff he's done since then and b) that there was good stuff when it's in with rubbish like this.