The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

My favourite thing on the whole show was Jericho's backstage interview, where he pulled a face and threw that finger point out in the middle of saying, "idiot." That really made me laugh. He's so good at the moment. You can tell he's having an absolute ball and it's great to watch. It's similar to how New Day used to be, until they began forcing it.

Jericho's selling of being called KO's bitch by Sami was wonderful. Literally every time his eyes switched direction, it got another laugh out of me. That's what being a performer here is all about for me.

Jericho's selling of being called KO's bitch by Sami was wonderful. Literally every time his eyes switched direction, it got another laugh out of me. That's what being a performer here is all about for me.

I don't think he has ever been better. I think he's having a great time too. I think normally he'd have pissed off by now, but seems he's sticking around to have fun and work with the new guys.

He's wonderful.

• Paid Members

The first hour of Raw averaged 2.833 million viewers. Hour two drew 2.717 million viewers. The final hour of the show averaged 2.520 million viewers.

Read more at http://prowrestling.net/site/2016/09/13/wwe-raw-viewership-opposite-the-monday-night-football-doubleheader/#JL1SxoW8DDgTxH63.99

They're back up against the NFL, every hour did less than 3 million. Rating is 1.88. Now the worst "non-holiday" rating since 1996.

Look at the state of it compared to even this time last year.

QsI2ZBj.jpg

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

You could ask why we care about any of the behind the scenes stuff that goes on, past the surface level of what is presented on the TV show. It's the kind of stuff this forum is for.

TV Ratings are still an important metric (albeit an increasingly outdated one) if you're interested in analysing how wrestling is being promoted. There's a million things they can give an indication of, or could effect going forward. The brand split for example, only exists as a reaction to poor Smackdown viewership.

Also, I really like graphs.

Edited by Benno

I never hear fans of any other tv show discussing the ratings of them. It's an odd hangover from Monday not wars thats no longer relevant. You get fans of soaps who are interested in who's shagging who, or who's contract is up, but never breaking it down to how many people switch over when Robbie gave wellard a bath

I never hear fans of any other tv show discussing the ratings of them. It's an odd hangover from Monday not wars thats no longer relevant. You get fans of soaps who are interested in who's shagging who, or who's contract is up, but never breaking it down to how many people switch over when Robbie gave wellard a bath

These are just the top 3 results when searching Google for 'Eastenders forum TV ratings'.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1377293

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2053046&page=3

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2146282

I always personally think ratings discussion deep down comes about from the association of those periods of time from long ago where you'd hear all the talk of high ratings, co-inciding with wrestling being hugely popular on a social level. And after fifteen years of ratings slowly crumbling with no upswing, when the cold hard numbers back up disenchanted feelings (Raw not being particularly interesting week to week), people can separate from their subjective opinions (which can lead to debate or disagreement) since it's just easier to point to a failing metric and say - "there".