The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I apologise for my post last night referring to Owens as steen, in my head it is still that way ( but quite obviously it's not) I wrote the post after 0 sleep for 2 days so I guess it could have been worded differently.

Anyways I forgot to mention that big cass really held his own in the main and didn't really look out of place.

Also if you look at the last 5 minutes with hhh mannerisms you get all kinds of different possibility on how he is going to go with this one.

Genuinely really excited too see what's next and as my son is still refusing too sleep I'm staying up and watching smackdown live also, let's see if it is still the b show

I've been enjoying Smackdown for the first time in years, but it couldn't be more obvious that it's the b show.

If we get a proper Rollins face turn out of all of this then ill be very happy. It shouldve been easily done on his return really but ill take it now.

I really hope something interesting happens with HHH as it has a lot of potential but that usually means it ends up shit.

• Paid Members

Have there been many successful face turns where a heel turns on another heel, and the victim of the turn is the one who goes babyface? That's what struck me most about Hunter turning on Seth. It seemed backwards.

I can't really think of many historical examples, other than Randy Orton getting kicked out of Evolution, and that was a complete disaster, in part because of how the turn occurred. I just think it puts the newly turned babyface at an immediate disadvantage in terms of connecting with the crowd or appearing to be heroic.

Edited by Supremo

I apologise for my post last night referring to Owens as steen, in my head it is still that way ( but quite obviously it's not) I wrote the post after 0 sleep for 2 days so I guess it could have been worded differently.

Anyways I forgot to mention that big cass really held his own in the main and didn't really look out of place.

Also if you look at the last 5 minutes with hhh mannerisms you get all kinds of different possibility on how he is going to go with this one.

Genuinely really excited too see what's next and as my son is still refusing too sleep I'm staying up and watching smackdown live also, let's see if it is still the b show

I've been enjoying Smackdown for the first time in years, but it couldn't be more obvious that it's the b show.

It's more than obvious that it is mate I got bored after 45 minutes and went to bed.

Raw however got me hooked

Have there been many successful face turns where a heel turns on another heel, and the victim of the turn is the one who goes babyface? That's what struck me most about Hunter turning on Seth. It seemed backwards.

I can't really think of many historical examples, other than Randy Orton getting kicked out of Evolution, and that was a complete disaster, in part because of how the turn occurred. I just think it puts the newly turned babyface at an immediate disadvantage in terms of connecting with the crowd or appearing to be heroic.

Sid twatting Shawn Michaels after Mania 11 turned HBK face, that was pretty successful

Edited by DraxSpago

Was going to post that this morning. They've not shown themselves to have changed their ways or do something good like saving another face. Why should we have any sympathy for him? Let's see where it goes first I guess, but that's my initial feeling.

Sid twatting Shawn Michaels after Mania 11 turned HBK face, that was pretty successful

Yeah although initially when he clocked Shawn everyone cheered Sid so I did think it was a face turn for Sidney at face.

It matters a lot less now than it did twelve years ago though. TV crowd reactions are often based on how many Internet points a performer has rather than how strong their booking (or performance) as a heel/babyface. And none of the roster are difference-makers anyway, I'm not sure that the details of a Rollins babyface turn would change that.

From a character arc perspective, I feel like Triple H turning on him made the most sense. Then rather than instantly being the big bad-ass babyface, Rollins goes through some soul-searching about what a snivelling little turd he's been.