The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I think it's about time they gave Raw another new look.  New set design, new logo and new theme music.  It's shit that they use the same set for every televised show apart from Mania. They should give Raw a new stand alone look.

Yeah, I agree. I can't believe they have had The Night as the theme for nearly 4 years now. They need a makeover of March 10th 1997 proportions.

I think it's about time they gave Raw another new look.  New set design, new logo and new theme music.  It's shit that they use the same set for every televised show apart from Mania. They should give Raw a new stand alone look.

I could deal with RAW keeping it's look. It's PPV's that feel boring to me now. Its the same damn wave entrance screen thing but without a ramp. That's it.

Isn't the reason they basically use the same set for every show to do with the HD sets? It cost them a lot to produce that set or something.

Still get use out of the HD set but they could add stuff to the wave screen entrance thing. Like the smackdown fist in place of the WWE statue/logo, or the backlash pendulums somewhere or some of the amazing Halloween Havoc sets (honourable mention to Road Wild 1999).

Since we damn near watch a PPV's length of wrestling content* every Monday night, I need that something extra to mark a bigger show. Each and every show always starts with a pan of the crowd followed by fireworks and a shot of the stage. I remember as a kid pausing the tape to get a proper look at this months set.

I miss that

*Edited before anyone comments

Edited by Slapnuts

• Paid Members

Not a bad show this week. They kept a focus on the PPV and wrote something for every match which did it's job and made the PPV feel like something worth watching. In turth though, it wasn't that interesting beyond the top couple of matches and the Shane/Steph decision they built to wasn't great either.

I'm enjoying the Reigns/Styles stuff. If they think Reigns is redeemable, I think the reaction in a place like Hartford tells them they've fucked it. Gallows & Anderson debuted with fucking incredible gear, they looked the business. The match was average, neither is a great worker, but overall they made a good impression. AJ accepting their help makes me think shenanigans are coming. Reigns being backed up by the fucking Usos is really uncool. I like the Usos as a mid-card tag team who kids like. They should be nowhere near Roman.

Loved the Zayn/Owens vignette. About fucking time. I know doing this for every feud would be overkill but if they haven't got the material to do it once a PPV then they've got too many matches that shouldn't be on a fucking PPV.

This might be a tad unfair but I thought the Chyna tribute video was really half arsed. A few clips and tweets with some naff background music. Not a great job but credit to them for doing something - she deserved that.

Cesaro was garbage and ruined a good Miz promo. Miz pulling out lines from movies an trying to deliver them convincingly is funny. Cesaro's horribly delivered puns aren't. The sunglasses remind me of that kid in Big Daddy who needs "invisible glasses" to have the confidence to talk.

Rusev lost. Fuck the World.

The guy who currently writes the RAW report on F4Wonline.com is rubbish.

His attempts at comedy using obscure references always miss the target.

Today he wrote a full paragraph about how Cesaro saying the only movie Miz was suitable for was 'Jackass' is probably a dig by the writers at Shane McMahon. He then listed details of the failed angle where Shane wanted the cast of Jackass to wrestle at a SummerSlam with Umaga involved and ... anyway, it was clearly just a throwaway line which had none of that in mind.

Where are the best places online to read a decent write-up of RAW each Tuesday morning?

Not just a list of results, but not an essay that takes 10 minutes to get through either?

• Paid Members

I've used Gerweck.net for about 15 years for Raw write-ups, but as of last week I've given up now.

Whenever I visit the site (on my mobile) I end up being redirected instantly to either a gambling website or 'YOUR DEVICE HAS A VIRUS' rubbish. I persevered despite this over the past month or so since it started happening, however last week after a redirection I then received spam text messages instantly from the same website. Fuck that shit, you can stick your gash website with your Diva of the Day bollocks.

• Awards Moderator

Anything important is on the front page of WWE.com.

The only thing with this is WWE are going to change the story. I'm also interested if the crowd reacted badly, or if it feels rushed or dull or just a plain dumb segment.