The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Punk/Bryan vs. Harper/Rowan... ugh. Easily the most unappealing combination out of any of the wrestlers featured at the end of Raw. Punk & Bryan have a big job ahead of them getting a watchable match out of those guys on PPV. I still think six on six would have been brilliant, hides the weaknesses of the Wyatt Family and allows the chaotic, high energy pace of the other guys to shine.

• Paid Members
vs the 2 shit Wyatts

That Harper's had a lot of good matches lately for being shit.

Against Punk and Bryan, with Jamie Noble as the agent. His shite matches far outweigh the good stuff. Luger and Sting had great matches against Flair. They didn't have to many with each other, though.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

The brawl to close the show was terrific, real shame that the current plan isn't to do a 12 man Survivor Series match with that lot. You'd expect it could go about 45 minutes and would be top class. I'd have actually paid money to watch it. Punk & Bryan vs Rowan & Harper means it'll be a trip to Wiziwig instead.

Would be gutted if we don't get a 6 on 6 at survivors (and the resulting Shield vs Wyatts fallout). That brawl at the end was the best thing that's happened on Raw in months, even though the, "WHAT WILL THE AUTHORITY THINK?!!", take away line left a bitter taste.

I'm not into Total Divas but I'm well up for them showing more clips of Fandango, Tyson Kidd, Natalya, The Bella's and whoever else is on it before they step into the ring. It looks like typically awkward, forced 'reality' shit and it made Tyson look like a proper headcheese but it's better than the absolute sod all that the WWE writers give them.

Cena's been great since he come back. I'm sure the Cesaro vs Cena match they seem to be hinting at will be great.

Raw was abysmal overall. The commentary is almost TNA level bad. WWE's a weird show. It's a weekly soap where loads of the characters hang about for years with fuck all development (Sandow being exactly the same while Cole harps on about "new found aggression" ain't cutting it), and where the storylines they do write go nowhere, have unsatisfactory endings or make zero sense in the first place. It's a wrestling show where wins and losses don't matter. Where all the 'superstars' are presented like ineffective plebs, at the whim of the awful, heat leeching Authourity Figures. On that odd occasion where the storytelling's good and basic and/or something exciting happens it just turns into a damp squib. And on the rare occasion that the booking's consistent and somebody actually gains momentum he gets cut off at the balls and turns into a dry squid. It's hard to invest into anything. If I was half cut I'd probably be more into cheering the bloke in front of me dressed as superman as well. Sorry for the moan, bitter taste and that. I'd be lapdog for that 6 on 6 though.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

vs the 2 shit Wyatts

That Harper's had a lot of good matches lately for being shit.

Against Punk and Bryan, with Jamie Noble as the agent. His shite matches far outweigh the good stuff. Luger and Sting had great matches against Flair. They didn't have to many with each other, though.

His tag against the Prime Time Players was better than the Bryan match, same with the Kassius Ohno match on NXT. Hardly seen anything bad out of him at all, there's been a bunch of four minute matches of no consequence, but I can't think of a single time in the last few months where he's looked bad at all.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure if this GIF has been posted already, but I love the possibility of it being the first hint at an eventual Roman Reigns baby face turn. If it ends up being a subtle, slow turn that turns him into the new Batista, then I'll spunk my balls off.

2zhgvwj.jpg

• Paid Members
His tag against the Prime Time Players was better than the Bryan match, same with the Kassius Ohno match on NXT. Hardly seen anything bad out of him at all, there's been a bunch of four minute matches of no consequence, but I can't think of a single time in the last few months where he's looked bad at all.

He didn't even have a match on the last 4 PPVs have they? They are exclusive to TV and developmental. Usually against workers who wipe the floor with him. This is a heavily pushed act and the match with Punk and Bryan at Survivor Series is their first big test. And its a huge jump from working nobodies on Smackdown to wrestling Bryan and Punk. The fact they put him in there with better workers (or more over workers) says a lot. Like how Ryback went from working nobodies to wrestling Punk and The Shield when his progress hit a wall. He's better than Rowan obviously, but Harper isn't much of anything in the grand scheme of things. He's 34 and has worked for a decade. You'd think he'd be in a position to lead Rowan around better than he does.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay