The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

And it seems there's a lot of Stephanie haters in the UKFF house. So how did she win best heel of 2014 on the UKFF Awards?

Because a year is a long time for someone to go from good to absolute shite

She was shit in 2014 as well, I think it speaks volumes about the quality of heels that year.

• Paid Members

I think Steph throwing a tantrum at the end of Survivors tipped the balance for a lot of people because her lack of grace after the Authority got their (shortest of short-term) comeuppance was hilarious.

• Paid Members

Yeah, the reason Stephanie was a good heel in 2014 was because she got her comeuppance on a couple of occasions. That how heels are supposed to work. They act like dickheads, build some heat, then eventually show some arse and get humiliated or beaten. It's cathartic.

Although it probably still wasn't enough for how much heat they give her and how often she's scripted to be above everyone else, at least in 2014 Steph lost at Wrestlemania 30 when Bryan overcame the odds stacked against him, she lost at Survivor Series when The Authority lost power due to Sting and there was also that great angle when Brie Bella had her arrested during an episode of RAW.

I can't think of many significant occasions this year where Stephanie has been scripted to give a little back. She just endlessly talks down to everyone, is portrayed as the top star, constantly humiliates and demeans everyone, and yet she never gets her comeuppance. Even this week, when Hunter and Vince were bumping like champs in order to finally get Roman over, Stephanie was still portrayed as superior to him.

The last time she was a good heel was her initial heel run in the attitude era when she was really good at playing a spoiled annoying brat. She didn't seem to mind looking like a tit back then either.

This last 2 years with her as an on screen character has been fucking unbearable. She belittles everyone she comes into contact with, heel or face, man or woman. Sometimes she'll come out and act like a babyface for no reason with no explanation, and then in the same show even she'll be heel again.

One of the absolute worst segments of the year was that mental one before Wrestlemania where she spent about 15 minutes absolutely ripping John Cena to pieces for no reason whilst he stood there like a goon and took it. The biggest star in the company and she was making him look like dogshit. Of course nothing ever came of it, a total waste of time.

Not that I want to see male-on-female violence but it's quite funny that Roman attacking Steph would be a bit of a no-no, but a 70 year old man - best shit ever.

Slaps aside, beautiful Raw. Best of the year. One night. One fucking night. At TLC I wanted Roman to win and everything but I wasn't that fussed, for Raw I was going absolutely nuts for him. Beautiful. That's wrestling. Vince is just the greatest fucking character in history. I've missed that walk and was shouting his theme, always forget what a sick song that is.

They've been really worrying in recent episodes, almost completely disregarding the third hour with stuff like that Charlotte-Paige abomination. Tonight we got a beginning, middle and an end that paid off in a big way. No one was falling asleep during that one. Even seemed to elevate their game for other stuff this week too. Owens looking badass breaking that match up. ECW nostalgia in 2k15 is a bit lol  but the four of them in that segment was actually really cool. There were no bad segments in this episode, the closest being an autoplay Wyatts one. The ECW match was also pretty fun, although dunno why Rowan's getting that pin and dammit still no GORE? Wyatt should take Rhyno under his spell cos why the hell not. The Neville/Miz stuff was mildly amusing, although is a shame about Tyler Breeze - practically no fanfare for the guy. Couple boring matches - I was just singing Vince's theme during those and may have missed stuff. The New Day stuff was hilarious and their tracksuits were ace. I imagined them talking backstage about how they were gonna turn face on the Usos and the Luchas to get em off their back. Good to see that kind of attention on Kalisto.

Am I alone in that Raw actually making me want to watch Smackdown this week rather than just looking at wwe.com?

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

From what I've read on here, Raw has been pretty dire long after Rollins got injured. Granted, him not being a factor is definitely a plus, because he was such a terrible main event heel. He's brilliant at inspiring apathy from an audience because, as Pitcos rightly says, wasn't any good at the weasel character. He was definitely a major factor in me giving up on WWE for almost the entire winter.

I'm pleased they're starting to produce decent shows, right in time for 'Mania season. Hopefully they can get it right this year.

As great a job as they did on RAW getting Roman back on track with (of all places) even the Philly crowd cheering the shit out of him, it says something that it takes a confrontation with Stephanie, beating the ever-loving shit out of Triple H and laying out evil old Vince to get someone over as a top face. It just goes to show who the real protected heels are in the company. You can spent a year beating down people like Show, Kane, Orton, Barrett, Sheamus and Rusev, but if you want to do something that actually matters, you need to get the "real" top heels - the McMahons and Triple H. 

Still, it was the best RAW in months and months.

Edited by Dirty Eddie

• Paid Members

It's no real surprise and it has maybe always been the plan. Rollins seemed to be sacrificed by taking all the falls for the Authority. Although like Orton before him, he was terrible in that role. Triple H and Stephanie have been gobbling up all the momentum for nearly two years now and are easily two of the best protected people on their show.

Like with Bryan (and now seemingly with Reigns), they're brilliant when it comes time to pull the trigger. You can't fault them with that - even if some people still think Stephanie should be getting speared every other week.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

I don't think people think Stephanie should be getting speared every other week. People just want her off the shows. This weeks Raw would have been even better if it didn't start with Stephanie putting herself over and smacking the shit out of a top babyface again with no real commeuppance. Plus she doesn't even commit properly to the character. She still does loads of onscreen promotion for WWE's charity causes and put herself as the face of the "divas revolution". She is without a doubt the worst and most damaging character on the shows by a thousand miles.

On the subject of Rollins the biggest thing about him that pissed me off was that despite playing a weasel heel characetr he wrestled like a guy you'd create on Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain when you were 12. Why is a heel doing moonsaults, dives and top rope suplexes into Falcon Arrows? What a fucking berk.

Loads of love mentioned for the Vince/Roman stuff rightly so, but I bloody loved that Extreme Rules match. Right up my alley. Buh Buh Ray was the MVP of the match, he has so much charisma and presence. That moments Harper kicked the kendo stick and it bounced out the ring and Buh Buh caught it was magic.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

She's a horrible bitch, that's her character and she's great at it, IMO. People want to see her show some arse (williams.jpg) and whether she does enough is clearly the issue, but maybe they're looking at this with a view of doing something big at 'Mania. Surely the fact she's remained so strong throughout the year only leads to a hotter and bigger pay off down the road? It worked brilliantly for a while during the Bella feud and the Rousey angle was dynamite.

Also, Triple H is just as bad with the "It's fake. I'm a good guy. NXT! NXT!" stuff you see. Still doesn't stop people from losing their minds when he gets smacked about.

I'd like it if for a change Reigns challenges Cena to a match at Mania 32, it can be done without making either a heel, Reigns wants to be 'the man' and he knows to do that he has to beat Cena and especially on the biggest stage.

Roman could even challenge Cena to come back and win the Rumble or something, put a different slant on things and makes Roman a badass looking for a fight to be top dog rather than beating guys that go to him