The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I have high hopes for Wyatt and I love Bryan and Punk, don't get me wrong.

But I, probably mistakenly, see Survivor Series as a 'big' PPV and think the main eventers should be fighting amongst themselves. The matches that seem on the cards at the minute wouldn't be out of place on a regular Raw.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

I was going to say that too, The Real Americans vs Cody Rhodes and Goldust sounds cracking and its fresh. Although I suppose it might not feel fresh as they'll probably have wrestled about 5 times before they actually have the pay per view match.

Edited by Cobra1000

I have high hopes for Wyatt and I love Bryan and Punk, don't get me wrong.

But I, probably mistakenly, see Survivor Series as a 'big' PPV and think the main eventers should be fighting amongst themselves. The matches that seem on the cards at the minute wouldn't be out of place on a regular Raw.

There aren't any matches from the full-time roster that stand out as top PPV fodder though, except maybe Cena vs Orton and Cena vs Bryan.

I'd assumed we'd get something along the lines of Cena/ADR (no way around it, I guess), Triple H lacing up with either Bryan or Show and I genuinely thought Punk would be thrown in with Orton.

Orton/Punk; Cena/ADR; Triple H/Bryan and a Survivor Series match of Cody/Goldie/Uso's/Big E vs The Shield/Real Americans isnt great, but it reads better to me.

• Paid Members
I liked Ambrose being cocky and the little moment of upset with the other two. WWE have lazily relied on The Shield to save shows with pointless six-mans for too long. It's about time something shifted there. Reigns annihilating The Usos with a handicap spear was good.

I thought Reigns' extremely subtle discontent with Ambrose after the match was very well done. When the three of them pose in the ring, Reigns nods his head as in a "Damn fucking right" way, then sees Ambrose next to him raise his title, makes a face and then rolls his eyes slightly. Easy to miss but a nice subtle bit of descension nonetheless.

• Paid Members

Reigns is brilliant. He's got the lot. All three of The Shield are excellent but he just seems to have everything that WWE are probably looking for in their next main eventer.

• Paid Members
Reigns is brilliant. He's got the lot. All three of The Shield are excellent but he just seems to have everything that WWE are probably looking for in their next main eventer.

Absolutely, and he was quite green compared to the other two (seeing as he's spent most of his life playing touch-rugby) so a run in tags will have done him the world of good. When I saw them debut he obviously stood out with his superstar aura and I expected and Ambrose to be as good given the hype surrounding him and his FCW work I saw.

I guess because of this, Rollins has impressed me the most. I was expecting a CM Punk-lite indyriffic movez guy but he's proved me wrong and has been fantastic. Surprisingly, he's very good on the mic too and has held his own alongside the brilliant Ambrose on that front. Though I don't see him (or Ambrose, for that matter) being 'top' guys, they could settle in the Jericho position well- solid hand and can have the occasional WWE Title programme, but mainly sticking to mid/upper-mid card.

Edited by PunkStep

Rollins has impressed me a lot too. I thought Tyler Black was complete crap but he's learned how to pace things in ring and cut a promo. He's the best bumper in the company and he'll probably be used as a utility guy for folks on the rise . Ambrose has gradually been homogenized since he came up and is less interesting than before. Character wise he'll benefit the most from the split and I see no reason why he can't get to the Punk/Jericho level. Reigns is a special kind. He's got all the particulars they want and is in a great position. It's been years since they've protected a new guy like him, what's he been pinned . . once? Looking forward to more of his single bouts.

As for Raw, it's gone to the dogs for me. The main event scene is horrid. I enjoyed HHH patting the midget.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

I still think Ambrose will be the biggest deal of the three, eventually. It will take a few years for the crowd to get to know him, and there'll maybe be one or two false dawns along the way, but he'll be huge when the penny finally drops. I see his career arc being similar to Punk's with the potential to peak higher; his Straight Edge Society phase will be amazing. Reigns has undeniable presence and poise but I don't think he has the range to be much more than the new Batista, although I think he can be much better than Batista (and I liked Batista plenty when he wasn't being a bore).

I just don't like Rollins and his whiney voice and shit hair, though. For all his bumping he's never seemed as convincing in the role of missionary mercenary as the other two. Something about a lanky streak of piss like him wearing those army boots turns me right off.

I get the impression he'll be unbearable as a face and all. He can do one after the split.

• Paid Members

Do you reckon it's the same bloke in the booking meeting every time that raises his hand and says "You know... it's been a while since we had Big Show in the main event?" If it is, I'd like to throttle him.

• Paid Members

Fair play to the Big Show though, he steps up most of the time. This time round he's been fantastic apart from all the crying. That bit where he knocked HHH out was ace.

Fair play to the Big Show though, he steps up most of the time. This time round he's been fantastic apart from all the crying. That bit where he knocked HHH out was ace.

Nail. Head. The thing with Big Show is that he a reliable hand. He, along with Kane, is a great worker who can step in a couple of times a year and just keep things rolling on TV without the company having to be entirely based around them. When he, or Kane, steps through the curtain people know shit is about to go down purely by their size alone, never mind that they both know how to use it brilliantly.