The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I was. It was an atmosphere unlike any other I've been part of, and with that "IF CENA WINS WE RIOT" sign ominously hanging from the balcony I genuinely felt like a riot would have happened had Cena triumphed.

That said, even Cena losing left a lot of us plodding outside after the show a bit disappointed with how it went down.

Many of us were talking about how the decision would probably get overturned on RAW the next night due to Heyman counting the winning pinfall.

• Paid Members
Many of us were talking about how the decision would probably get overturned on RAW the next night due to Heyman counting the winning pinfall.

Wasnt that the reason why it wasnt overturned? Wasnt the plan for the debut episode of ECW on Sci Fi that they overturned the decision, but Heyman gives him the ECW title because ECW recognize the result at One Night Stand. I'm certain that was the reason they did the whole Heyman bullshit finish at the end. But instead RVD just kept both belts and they planned to have them do a three way a few months later on SNME.

Even to this day, I'm fucking stunned that they did Cena vs Sabu. Just those two names together sounds so out of place and of two different eras. For about 2 months Sabu was overachieving in WWE. A guy who didnt talk, who had been bed ridden 18 months earlier and there he was going to non-finishes with the World Champion on PPV and then getting the better of Cena in the lead up to a match with him. Madness. I remember liking the match a lot as well.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Hard to believe it's shortly 10 years since One Night Stand which itself felt about a million years from the end of ECW and the Monday night war. When I was a kid, I'd watch a PPV and ten watch it again within days, sometimes several times. The only PPV in the last 15 years that I've watched again in the week after I first saw it was One Night Stand.

I can't remember anything about the 2006 show apart from Cena's entrance and the T-Shirt lobbing. Gonna give them both a watch.

That match has the best ever boo one guys punch/cheer the other guys punch spot I've seen. I think at one point RVD botches something so the crowd chant CENA FUCKED UP. Great match and one of my favourites from Cena

Is it the part were he tries to put Cena on the top rope for something. I've no idea what they were trying to go for, but it was definitely RVD's fault

• Paid Members

Some talk that The Authority might be back tonight. No doubt the rating will improve after the buzz from last week's show and Steph/Hunter will get the credit. 

Are The Authority just counted as Triple H/Stephanie? Are Seth Rollins, Kane, J&J and Big Show members of The Authority or do they just work for The Authority? Are The Authority really fucking shit and boring?*

*Yes.

Even to this day, I'm fucking stunned that they did Cena vs Sabu.

Fuck me, I forgot about that. I'm gonna watch that now.

I can't remember anything about the 2006 show apart from Cena's entrance and the T-Shirt lobbing. Gonna give them both a watch.

I watched it earlier. The crowd even threw toilet rolls, empty beer cups and a fucking action figure at Cena! No wonder I never noticed the action figure before, I'd have only ever seen it on a 340p quality video.

That match has the best ever boo one guys punch/cheer the other guys punch spot I've seen. I think at one point RVD botches something so the crowd chant CENA FUCKED UP. Great match and one of my favourites from Cena

I forgot how intense the crowd actually was. There was so much passion there, it was like a full on grunge gig for the entrances (and most of the match too). There's a fine line between being an awesome audience like the One Night Stand crowds were and enhancing the show, or becoming a detriment to the shows like the post-Wrestlemania Raws are. 

Some talk that The Authority might be back tonight. No doubt the rating will improve after the buzz from last week's show and Steph/Hunter will get the credit.

Are The Authority just counted as Triple H/Stephanie? Are Seth Rollins, Kane, J&J and Big Show members of The Authority or do they just work for The Authority? Are The Authority really fucking shit and boring?*

*Yes.

Yeah I should have said Steph and Trips.

• Paid Members

He started 2007 by carrying Umaga to one of the best matches of the past 20 years.

Agreed with everything else, but I think this is a bit unfair on Umaga. Cena is definitely a carry-master, as is evidenced by his matches with Khali and Lashley, but Umaga more than held up his side of that match.

I watched this weeks raw just because i have crippling insomnia and thought i haven't watched raw in like 5 weeks.

Did not realize dean Ambrose was apart of the world title picture at the next ppv and my god he was over this week, even if it was his home town.

This is my main point from this weeks raw, Daniel Bryan dropping the intercontinental belt almost exactly a year on from him dropping the world championship, I like so many others on this forum remember Bryan back in 2004/2005 working those crazy stiff roh matches, The thing about Bryan is he never really had a bad match sure they were quite samey for the most part but he was crazy good and as the years went on he got better but mores to the point he got older.

I thought he would play it abit safer in the wwe as his body was already a train wreck but once again he could still go so he was a valuable asset to the wwe. After watching history be repeated this week with him dropping the belt and giving the " You fans put me here as the guys in the back didn't want to give me the opportunity" Surely this has to be the last time that Vince puts faith in Bryan and for his own safety and the fact that he wants to play catch with his kid and bang his insanely hot missus for all of eternity he needs to step away and leave on what could be considered a high.

Especially now we have the nxt guys coming through aka Neville, zayn, the assention and nxt are always gaining new commodity's aka uhaa nation 

Apart from that raw was shite and i cannot believe the cena vs russev feud is still going on

• Paid Members

When JBL said "Not too many people kick out of the AA" I heard Pitcos's jaw drop from here. Just loving Cena at the moment. Everytime he does his ring slide though, it cracks me up thinking of that time the other week were he ran to slide in the ring and realised at the last second that he hadn't taken the belt off so he had to abandon and walk up the steps. There was another little moment on this show when he did his "Come get some", took the belt off, folded it and kissed it and then went to hand it to the ref only to realise there wasn't one. Brilliant.

The Authority are such a shit stable. There has been constant dissension from day one and it's boring as fuck. What is their common goal? Do they have any? Their act needs freshening up really quickly. When the only decent part of it is two cruiserweights doing a security parody, you've got a problem. They suck the life out of the show with the 20 minute promo every fucking week.

I lost any hope for this show when that soap opera was segment one and seg two was Sheamus being dressed as his Dad, Dolph Ziggler miraculously managing to look an even bigger cunt in make-up and a sweat band and BNB becoming an actual king and abandoning the best gimmick he's had. I don't care what happened next.

Harper and Rowan are back together. That's both a great thing and an indictment of how utterly shit the writing team is that after 6 months the only thing they can do is stick these two together again because they've broken them.

I'm sure the PPV will be good because the talent are but reasons for watching are absolutely non-existent. Under-card is about as fresh as a Divas fanny after a road trip with Batista and the main is a rehash with the promise of interference. Brilliant.

• Paid Members

Cena v Neville was all kinds of brilliant and had the perfect finish. Yeah, yeah, the AA is now the Angle Slam, but it's fun seeing all the midcard guff mix it up with a bloke like Cena.

#Axelmania and Macho Mandow are brilliant. Whoever came up with the idea deserves a jaffa cake.

Bloody shame we are getting robbed of Daniel Bryan during his prime years.