The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I think it's pretty telling of the deconstruction of D-Bry that nobody has really mentioned that he has put Ziggler over in two consecutive matches. I know it's to dampen the fact that he's probably going over in the ladder match but come on, hes being called a turd and then beaten cleanly by Spaghetti Head Ziggler!

fighting over who gets to play with the John Cena hasbro.

Cena would have had some excellent Hasbro figures... Even during the shit Hasbro years, just a new paint job and shirt would be great. Maybe throw in one of those Bushwacker removable hats as well. 

I've been thinking to myself, how would that have ended for those in attendance? Most likely with Lesnar snatching away the belt and walking off while Reigns celebrates losing the tug of war. If they didn't get physical on TV then there's no way they would've done it dark right?

Also, apparently the Smackdown tapings happened straight afterwards but weren't advertised. Half of the crowd left unaware.

Edited by neil is brill

I've been thinking to myself, how would that have ended for those in attendance? Most likely with Lesnar snatching away the belt and walking off while Reigns celebrates losing the tug of war. If they didn't get physical on TV then there's no way they would've done it dark right?

Also, apparently the Smackdown tapings happened straight afterwards but weren't advertised. Half of the crowd left unaware.

How did it end on TV? I haven't watched it back yet. The belt fell on the floor, Brock picked it up and left, his music started playing and Reigns stood in the ring for a bit. That was it.

Re: Smackdown, they mentioned it before Raw and at least once during one of the breaks, then as soon as Raw went off the air they announced it, and then changed to the smackdown livery and started taping again in about 2 minutes. That's not to say there weren't a lot of people that left after raw anyway.

How did it end on TV? I haven't watched it back yet. The belt fell on the floor, Brock picked it up and left, his music started playing and Reigns stood in the ring for a bit. That was it.

Re: Smackdown, they mentioned it before Raw and at least once during one of the breaks, then as soon as Raw went off the air they announced it, and then changed to the smackdown livery and started taping again in about 2 minutes. That's not to say there weren't a lot of people that left after raw anyway.

Ended with the two of them pulling at it and staring at each other, it was awful. It was even worse that this was a go-home angle for WrestleMania.

Aye, it also would have looked far better if, when Reigns snatched the belt, the two of them had a big brawl to take Raw off the air.

Yes! The belt grab was brilliant after Heyman's promo, but the follow-up was atrocious. They should've either launched into a brawl, or Lesnar should've sold it like Triple H would instead of the Cena-sell he did. Perhaps WWE thought they did the face-off brawl ending for the last PPV go-home show and they had to go with "suspense" this time, but that tug of war was a terrible idea.

Especially when the Intercontinental has been doing the same thing for weeks as a comedy bit. The ladder match was built up well, as it has been the entire time. Cena and Rusev too, but for some reason I'd no interest in it. I'm expecting big things from the match, mind. I wasn't as impressed by the Sting/HHH bit or the Wyatt promo, either. I'm sure that's more to do with me than them, but I feel like the interest level in all the big matches is exactly what it was the moment they were announced and the build has done little to increase excitement for any of them.

I noticed Paige do her "this is my house!" line at least three times during her entrance and match with Nikki Bella. She's been taking overdoing it lessons from Becky Lynch.

• Paid Members

I may have imagined it as I only noticed it once during the Daniel Bryan match and then never looked out for it again, but were they using an LED ring apron similar to NXT last night? The apron facing the hard camera looked like they were. And if so, was this the first time, or have they used it before?

I thought Sting was spectacular. He delivered brilliantly and the crowd reaction made him seem like a massive star. He's probably the best thing they've got for Wrestlemania now. Thank god they salvaged it in the last two weeks.

I thought the ending of the main event angle was unbelievably bad. It scripted itself. All they had to do was either have a massive brawl, or do one of those visuals where there's a thousand security guys keeping them apart, or even just have Roman Reigns shove Brock and act like he's not scared of him. That's what made their face off the night after the Rumble so awesome. I don't know. Just do something to make Roman look cool, Anything would have been better than them scrapping over the belt like a couple of kids. I literally can't fathom how anyone could think that was a good idea. Even on paper it seems daft.

Edited by Supremo

I may have imagined it as I only noticed it once during the Daniel Bryan match and then never looked out for it again, but were they using an LED ring apron similar to NXT last night? The apron facing the hard camera looked like they were. And if so, was this the first time, or have they used it before?

Nah, you're dead on, I noticed them using that last night. I also haven't seen them do it before so I'm assuming that was its debut outside of NXT. Wonder if they just wanted to double check it rather than giving it the full debut at WrestleMania.

• Paid Members

Yeah, that was my first thought as well; they must be getting ready to use it at WrestleMania. It could really add to some of the Mania entrances if it's used creatively.

Edited by Supremo