The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Still shite though. Not exactly a hall of fame worthy career. I know there's shit people in there but this just adds to it.

Ive thought for a while that far to many names go into the hall of fame.

It really should be just 3 a year in my opinion, it would still make for a cracking 2 or so hours show.

If you look at the hall of fame names on paper now it's just so bloated and half of them have no real business in there.

The Miz will probably be going in on Wrestlemania 40 weekend at this rate.

• Moderators

If you want to talk for 3 people talk for 40 minutes each you're insane. Top inductees are already getting thin on the ground and I've no desire to hear someone like Rick Martel or something prattle on for nigh on three quarters of an hour. Or what if the inductees dead? Their negative charisma owning wife drowning slowly in front of 10,000 people, before letting his marble mouthed brother who makes Tony Atlas sound like James Earl Jones say a few words? Speeches ain't easy, Mr T dropped a bollock last year and he's always been a charismatic jive talker.

• Paid Members

I'd argue that Rikishi is pretty deserving of a HOF place. One of the more well known names from wrestling's boom period and instantly recognisable to the old and casual fans. He was involved in some pretty big angles too and not forgetting he had possibly the worst spot of all time in the six-man hiac.

• Moderators

Remember, Rikishi's not just been Rikishi. There's his whole run in the Samoan Swat Team encompassing pretty much everywhere to work worth working at the time, they won the WWF titles as a team, he's taken part in War Games, he's done far more than wobble his arse around a bit from 2000 to 2002.

• Moderators

Well, in those 12 months in the sun from November or so 1999 to the heel turn a year later he was one of the most over acts in the company, title holder, sharp dancer, and was on of the iconic fixtures of the WWF's creatively and commerically shit hot 2000. Also, James Dudley is in the Hall of Fame. Johnny Rodz is in the Hall of Fame. Luscious Johnny pissing V is in the Hall of Fame. Chris von Erich is in the Hall of Fame and he only had about 10 matches, I legitimately believe I've been paid to appear on more wrestling shows than Chris von Erich was, and again, Hall of Fame. Baron Mikel Scicluna is in the Hall of Fame, and I'll say it again James fucking Dudley is in the Hall of Fame. "First black man to run an arena in the states blah blah blah" let's call it as it is he was the fucking McMahon's driver! No-one can ever moan about anyone who goes into that Hall of Fame while those three are in are in. Fuck, seemingly the only proviso for entry in the mid 1990s was "Vince Sr liked you back in the day" when Ray Morgan was the commentator, and Joe McHugh was announcing the State Atlethic Commisioner at ringside . And anyway. it's not even a fucking real Hall of Fame, so I don't know why people pout and kick the floor when people do or don't go in. It's not a Hall of Fame, it's a way for WWE to sell media unless you're a mark for that kind of thing like Inoki. WWE Hall of Fame is actually Vince McMahon's Historical DVDs commercial. Yeah, they may throw the odd bone to the people who see it as more than just the fun little nostalgia show it is by doing things like apparently putting Ray Stevens in this year, but that's only a favour to Pat Patterson. JR lobbied for Danny Hodge for years, a man who should be in a legit HOF, and he never did. Why? I'd wager because he's not marketable. So fuck people moaning every year about the hall of fame and people not being worthy when all the Hall of Fame really is is a nice little payday for a few of the boys, a nice 2 hour nostalgia trip, and a way to sell some DVDs. 

Fuck people moaning about worthiness.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

2004 was their best year for the Hall of Fame. They seemed to get the balance and the timing spot on. There was a load of inductees that year as well. No packed crowd either. It was more like a respectful after dinner speech, more than a bunch of clowns booing and hissing when someone came onscreen they didnt like. Nothing more cringe worthy than watching a HOF speech and they put Cena or Batista on screen and the fans start booing, and the bloke doing his speech doesnt understand what he's said wrong.

Absolutely. It was made clear to be over-18's only that night and with a capacity of around 200/300 iirc with tickets priced over $100 each there were no dickheads in the entire place shouting out stuff or starting chants.

Superfan (and my avatar pic) Vladimir was sat behind me and was fast asleep for the last half hour. It dragged on for over 4 hours in total, and was about 50/50 with good speeches and mind-numbingly dull speeches.

Muraco's may have been the worst speech in HoF history but Heenan's is still my all-time favourite. HHH, Jesse The Body, Harley Race & Billy Graham were excellent too.

• Moderators

Oh, Heenan smashed it, absolutely smashed it. It's probably one of my all time favourite wrestling moments to be honest. 30 minutes of pure unadulterated genius. Unlike Tito Santana's speech which was the speech equivalent of watching Rhythm and Blues vs Bushwhackers from MSG on the Wrestling's Funniest Moments video, a match so dull, it became so long that I think it's still going on, despite only being a brisk 10 mins in reality.

• Moderators

I remember Gene Okerlund saying Heenan was angry with Blackjack Lanza for being so lazy with his speech introducing him. He gave no tribute at all. I remember he got up said something and Heenan walked on.

I wonder why they didn't draft in Nick Bockwinkel for that, they were pretty much synonymous with each other and you know Bock would have given a fine introductory speech, richly dripping with superlatives and platitudes. Even if us humanoids wouldn't be able to understand.

• Paid Members

I remember Gene Okerlund saying Heenan was angry with Blackjack Lanza for being so lazy with his speech introducing him. He gave no tribute at all. I remember he got up said something and Heenan walked on.

i think Lanza said something that pissed off Heenan's daughter a lot when he was walking up to introduce Heenan.

Edited by bAzTNM#1