The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I know exactly what people mean RE Wyatt and the title, but if the act stays hot and the opportunity's there, it could be a great chase for a month or two. He's always on about kings and crowns, he could totally sell a title match with that stuff. I'm thinking an unsuccessful challenge, for what it's worth.

• Paid Members
I don't want Wyatt around titles to be honest. I just don't see him as that kind of guy. Like Jake Roberts or something. Ihe's thinghy, just want to see him around the top but not involved in title stuff. I suppose I think he shouldn't care about it, with his gimmick.

Kind of agree. Though it could easily be explained as him wanting to hurt the champion by taking what is precious to him. Thought what he'd do with it once he'd got it I'm not sure. I guess he's the sort who'd become obsessed with it. Not sure it's necessary though given the other guys they have.

• Paid Members

Have to echo the love for The Shield-Wyatts segments of the last couple of weeks. I gushed over it last weeks and its little touches and there was just the right level of progressed touches this week. I love this feud, but I also wish it was taking place at WrestleMania. It's blatantly 'Mania worthy. I guess it still could happen there with an added gimmick, I doubt it will mind, but really their first encounter really belongs at 'Mania. I really like this feud coinciding with Reigns rise, I think it's really adds another layer to that story and is providing a greater longevity. I love that that Ambrose and Reigns have their thing, but in the sign of a big threat and potential war they stand very much united and The Shield appear as solid as a force as ever. That its always Reigns confidently and surely leading the charge overflowing with braun is great for his slow transition to face. Someone else mentioned that Rollins is coming across as the most babyface because Reigns comes across heely for his petty oneupmanship with Ambrose. Not at all. On Smackdown the other week Reigns dominantly got the job done and the match won and he tagged out to Ambrose to let him pick up the scraps and take the victory as he's always so desperate to and chuckled at the fact that he does. Reigns is just completely confident in himself and backs up it all up with pure animalistic destruction. And he's loyal to his boys. Reigns is being booked fantastically thus far. How can you not cheer him. It'll probably blow up at 'Mania and I think against Wyatts could have been the ideal scene for it, but really I think it had the potential to go on and be teased even longer. Probably best to strike while hot though and let it happen at the big stage, his booking would probably lose form if dragged out longer.

Anyway, absolutely love that image of the two units opposed on opposite sides of the ring. Like Iun, that's the shit I really love in wrestling. Two major, over acts having an electric confrontation.

Edited by ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members

Fully agree with Rollins playing an absolute blinder in all this.

He's actually come off as my favourite of the three lately due to his completely understated role as peacekeeper, and his dog like loyalty - evidently - to both Ambrose and Reigns.

I must have watched the Shield/Wyatt's segment ten times so far this week, which is a testament to all involved, as I haven't done anything like that - or been this giddy and 'markish' about a feud - in a long time.

Special mention to Bray Wyatt's 'Bring Out The Joy' rendition. Its delivery was utterly phenomenal.

I really hope the match delivers on Sunday, coz I'll be staying awake for that moddafokka.

I'm doing him an egg.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

It says something that we all seem to be more pumped for this Shield/Wyatts match than the Chamber match itself.

I'm still wanting Ambrose and Rollins to carry on as a duo rather splitting or bringing in someone new when Reigns breaks away. At least for a few months afterwards.

Also really come to like Eric Rowan over the last months after, as someone put it earlier, a shaky start

• Paid Members
Have to echo the love for The Shield-Wyatts segments of the last couple of weeks. I gushed over it last weeks and its little touches and there was just the right level of progressed touches this week. I love this feud, but I also wish it was taking place at WrestleMania. It's blatantly 'Mania worthy. I guess it still could happen there with an added gimmick, I doubt it will mind, but really their first encounter really belongs at 'Mania. I really like this feud coinciding with Reigns rise, I think it's really adds another layer to that story and is providing a greater longevity. I love that that Ambrose and Reigns have their thing, but in the sign of a big threat and potential war they stand very much united and The Shield appear as solid as a force as ever. That its always Reigns confidently and surely leading the charge overflowing with braun is great for his slow transition to face. Someone else mentioned that Rollins is coming across as the most babyface because Reigns comes across heely for his petty oneupmanship with Ambrose. Not at all. On Smackdown the other week Reigns dominantly got the job done and the match won and he tagged out to Ambrose to let him pick up the scraps and take the victory as he's always so desperate to and chuckled at the fact that he does. Reigns is just completely confident in himself and backs up it all up with pure animalistic destruction. And he's loyal to his boys. Reigns is being booked fantastically thus far. How can you not cheer him. It'll probably blow up at 'Mania and I think against Wyatts could have been the ideal scene for it, but really I think it had the potential to go on and be teased even longer. Probably best to strike while hot though and let it happen at the big stage, his booking would probably lose form if dragged out longer.

Brilliant read.

Have also absolutely loved the build for this feud. It's been pretty much perfect. There have been small teases for a while until it finally came to a head. Then the promo work carried it a few weeks before the first confrontation. The Wyatt's backing out of that made them the heels in the feud. The follow up this week was equally good and, while I might have left the physical confrontation for the PPV, what they've done is show that the Wyatt's don't fear anyone but were just playing with their heads.

In the meantime, they've managed to tease tension in The Shield without distracting from this feud and with a subtlety you rarely see in pro-wrestling.

What's interesting to me is how they now get to the end goal which is surely Reigns babyface turn. Somehow just setting up a triple threat at WM (as rumoured) and having Reigns go over doesn't do it. This deserves a massive angle.

I liked how The Shield attacked on Trips behalf this week. I'd keep that up but tease Reigns unease at being used. Then have Trips in the ring ordering The Shield to put the boots to Bryan or Cena. The babyface gallantly fights off Rollins and Ambrose while Reigns stands by. Trips then screams at Reigns to finish the job when *boom* he eats a spear. Reigns goes up the ramp and leaves his flak jacket at the top for the closing shot.

• Moderators

Finally got on to watching RAW last night and it absolutely lived up to all the hype and praise everyone has been heaping on it. Really fantastic stuff (apart from Orton who is boring and terrible and always will be).

I haven't got much analysis to add or anything, but I'm just really super excited also!

It will be sad when The Shield are no more, they have been fantastic since debuting.

Can't help but feel in another era they might've been together a while longer, but we're currently demanding new stars and the time is right to let these boys shine in their own right.

What about the long term plans for the Wyatts? Are Erik and Luke going to stick around with Bray forever more? Can't help but feel they'd be a bit lost on the roster without Bray.

What about the long term plans for the Wyatts? Are Erik and Luke going to stick around with Bray forever more? Can't help but feel they'd be a bit lost on the roster without Bray.

If Bray keeps improving I'm sure they'll want to try him out as a babyface eventually but he's got at least another 12 months as a heel left in him, and while he's a heel there's no reason to change up what has been a winning formula so far.

Personally I'm hoping that Wyatt can go on to become WWE's top heel for the next few years, as a mirror image to Reigns' rise on the babyface side. It'd be really cool to look back on this Shield/Wyatts feud as the first chapter of a storied rivalry between Wyatt and Reigns, the same way that we look back on the Rock/Triple H SummerSlam ladder match now.

Likewise with Bray himself. To portray a cult leader, he needs to have people to lead which is why I think that Harper & Rowan will be around him for a longtime yet.

There's no reason why they couldn't go their own way eventually because you can bring up new guys from developmental, rather than trying to shoehorn in someone whose been on the main roster