The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Would I want that one more Shawn match to be against someone he's already wrestled and/or someone knocking on the door of retirement thus a smoke and mirrors shortcuts match possibly putting a hell of a lot on Shawns shoulders to be the mobile, active guy in the ring.... or would I want it to be against AJ Styles. Wow, that's a tough ch...... no, it isn't.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

A year ago I’d have loved to see HBK come back for a match with either AJ Styles or Daniel Bryan. Now though, they’ve both cooled off so considerably that I can’t imagine being particularly fussed. Might as well just do the Taker match again. Or have him lose to Roman, of course.

Lesnar or Bryan would still be my top pick. The Rock too. 

• Paid Members

If Michaels comes back, it's against Triple H. I can't see it going down any other way. A few years back I'd have said there was an outside chance of him facing Daniel Bryan, back when they were doing angles together, Michaels was working pseudo-heel, and Bryan was on track to looking like the biggest star in the company, but not now.

Michaels comes back to wrestle Triple H to see who earns the right to fight 'Taker at the following year's Mania.

Michaels wins and Triple H fights tooth and nail to get him again at the next year's Mania, to see can he once and for all beat the man that beat the Undertaker. 

Triple H goes over, naturally, and calls out 'Taker for next year's WrestleMania. Because if he beat the guy that beat 'Taker, it means he could also conceivably beat 'Taker. 

Etc. 

There's bound to be people in Stamford who'd totally be down for this. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Triple H goes over, naturally, and calls out 'Taker for next year's WrestleMania. Because if he beat the guy that beat 'Taker, it means he could also conceivably beat 'Taker. 

Sport doesn't work like that and I'd hate if they pretended it did. Be right up there with the whole "champion has only a 25% chance of retaining in a fatal four-way" argument in terms of spoon-feeding to idiots who don't understand probability. Shawn tried to make this argument at Survivors 92 about how Bulldog beat Bret and then he beat the Bulldog so logically he should have no problem beating Bret ; that was OK as he was a conceited prick about to get proven wrong, but it would look really stupid if a guy like the "Cerebral Assassin" thought that's how things work.

3 hours ago, air_raid said:

Sport doesn't work like that and I'd hate if they pretended it did. Be right up there with the whole "champion has only a 25% chance of retaining in a fatal four-way" argument in terms of spoon-feeding to idiots who don't understand probability. Shawn tried to make this argument at Survivors 92 about how Bulldog beat Bret and then he beat the Bulldog so logically he should have no problem beating Bret ; that was OK as he was a conceited prick about to get proven wrong, but it would look really stupid if a guy like the "Cerebral Assassin" thought that's how things work.

Putting aside the fact that I was joking - and taking the idea on its own terms - I hardly think "I beat his ass, so I can beat yours!" is that dodgy a motivating factor to rekindle a feud, in the pantheon of logical fallacies that is professional wrestling. 

• Paid Members

I haven't listened to a ton of Renee's comms work so far but if it means Coach gets moved - great. And actually, while he's still shit and that pre-shows are predominantly a waste of space and nothing more than advertising guff, it's much more suited to him and what he'd been doing in ESPN after his initial WWE run ended. 

So what's the odds on it either being someone being fed up with Coach "going on assignment", or a Stephanie "revolution" to get a girl on the desk. Third option, MNF is back, they needed something to draw attention to their product, so the NFL doesn't smush them.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, bigfoote said:

Third option, MNF is back, they needed something to draw attention to their product, so the NFL doesn't smush them.

Whilst I think Renee moving do the desk full time was inevitable from the first time she filled in, it’s interesting timing that they’ve announced this today given that Beth Mowins, a female announcer who more commonly does college football, is doing PBP on Monday Night Football tonight. It’s not the first time she’s done it (she did a week 1 game last year too, which was the first female PBP on an NFL game in 30+ years) but it is drawing some attention.

All told, though, this does seem a better fit for everyone, particularly with Coach’s Golf Channel commitments.

• Paid Members
On 9/5/2018 at 2:15 PM, HarmonicGenerator said:

Plus Reigns has also beaten Taker and didn’t he lose to Jinder Mahal the other week, and Miz most weeks earlier in the year? It’s not the accolade it once was.

One of my favourite facts of this year is that Roman Reigns was pinned on TV by Dash Wilder.