The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

In fairness, Hogan v Savage 10972 would have been more welcome than that shitter of a Triple H v Randy Orton main event at 'Mania 25.

I get the larger point you're trying to make (and I agree), but I don't think Angle, Triple H and Stephanie is that bad. It's not like they were linked to the hip for years and years and years and years like Hogan v Savage. Unless I'm forgetting something, Angle, Triple H and Steph only really feuded for a few months before they ended it in an anti-climactic way people still grumble about. Plus, Kurt Angle pissed off to TNA for a decade. IMO, there is juice left to squeeze out of that trio, even if it's a little unimaginative.

• Paid Members

True, but I still think it's part of a wider problem with overreliance on old names around Wrestlemania season; just makes me think of the League Of Nations getting beaten up by Michaels, Austin and Foley for a cheap pop, and the Wyatt Family getting chewed out by The Rock, at Wrestlemania 32, even though they had The Social Outcasts there as a jobber stable that would have been ideal fodder for either of those two situations.

Doesn't help that nothing we've seen of Kurt Angle since he came back suggests he'd be capable of a good match, Stephanie's awful, and I'm sick to death of self-indulgent Triple H Wrestlemania matches. At least they're cramming them all into one match, but all the match really needs is for Ronda to slap an armbar on Stephanie - anything else is just tuning up.

• Paid Members

I said ages ago (not that I'm only person to have said this) that they're going to run into problems - and already have to a degree - when they can't bring the likes of Taker and Triple H back for WrestleMania. Simply because they haven't created the sort of stars since the 90s/early 00s - Cena and possibly Orton aside - that are going to hook the casual/lapsed fans back in around Mania time. When they've had a chance to do so, they either fuck it up (Ryback) or are so consumed by The Plan that they run the risk of fucking it up (Braun).

I can't imagine what WrestleMania is going to look like in 10 years if they continue on like this.

• Paid Members

It’s a huge shame they wasted that Nia Jax turn on Alexa Bliss last year. Looking back, it achieved pretty much fuck all, and they were back together three weeks later, whereas now that’d be the perfect way for them to build to a match at Mania, allowing Asuka to go challenge Charlotte.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, boyfriend said:

So they're going with Asuka v Bliss and not Asuka v Flair? Balls. What does Charlotte do?!

Meh.

I'll be delighted if its Alexa vs Asuka. The unstoppable babyface Rumble winner challenging the best bitch heel on the roster is the Mania match for me, not a babyface vs babyface cross brand match for no apparent reason. I haven't remotely cared about Charlotte since she went to SmackDown, or that division since Naomi lost to Natalya, to be honest.

2 hours ago, D@mm said:

Have Bayley and Sasha Banks go to Smackdown to issue a challenge to Charlotte for the Women's title at Mania, maybe throw in Becky Lynch for the battle of the 4 Horsewomen.

And abandon all concept of the brand split in the process

And hasn't a similar match allready happened at the past 2 Wrestlemanias

I think this year Wrestemania needs a proper 1 on 1 Womens feud for the title which Alexa vs Asuka will hopefully deliver.

Don’t say this too loud, folks, (and I’m likely the only one who feels this way) but after a ropey first couple of weeks, I'm quite enjoying Jonathan Coachman on commentary this time around. He’s assured, adds an ever so slightly different (maybe sportscaster-type?) perspective. Plus he isn’t afraid to challenge Corey Graves and Michael Cole’s calls. And it makes me laugh seeing them struggle to mock him the same way they did (and still do) Booker T and Byron Saxton.

One observation, though, and that his call can be at odds with the ‘story’ Cole and Graves are trying to tell. I cite the Sasha Banks/Bailey moment. 

Edited by uklaw

• Paid Members

It's almost like he's been cast in that analyst/statistician role like JR used to do on Raw back in the mid 90s or Tenay did on Nitro. He seemed entirely fine when I was watching Elimiation Chamber. Although following on from Booker T & Byron Saxton it's hard to be worse, reallly.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, uklaw said:

Don’t say this too loud, folks, (and I’m likely the only one who feels this way) but after a ropey first couple of weeks, I'm quite enjoying Jonathan Coachman on commentary this time around.

Yeah same here. I never liked him before, but that's because I thought his stooge gimmick was a bit shit. He's been a welcome addition and unlike the other third men on the commentary teams, he actually talks. I was watching NXT recently and I swear 5 minutes passed without Percy Watson uttering a single word.