The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Surely they're not going with Roman now? Surely this is the end of that plan? Surely they've not had him job to The Miz and now Rollins clean as a whistle only to try and tell us that he's on Brock Lesnar's level? Surely??

I know I'm wrong. I know WWE think that wins and losses don't matter. I know that WWE think if you're a made man with a briefcase or a Rumble win or you're going over on Sunday that you can lose but it just makes less sense than it ever did.

It's completely mental. He loses as much as many of the openers on the roster, yet "he's shoved down our throats, and wins all the time" is the cry. Bollocks to that. He should have been battering the Miz from pillar to post those few weeks, and never, ever, getting pinned on TV. Steve Austin in '97 this push ain't. 

Credit to them for trying something new. I really liked the idea of starting the match at the beginning of the show to give the viewer no idea of when it might end. However the match was hurt by the fact it peaked early when Rollins beat Cena in the second frame, Balor, Elias and Miz being a clear drop off from Cena, Reigns and Rollins in the star category (although I do love me some Elias), but also there was nothing on the line. 

It was novel idea though and I really enjoyed the first two matches, and I was even into the third match to see if Rollins would pull it off, but the connecting story was gone once he was beaten. 

I do question the fact that they had a gauntlet match in the first place. It means six guys have to be losers. Which is the main problem with the Elimination Chamber at the best of times. Twice in one week with the same guys though, maybe isn't the best thing to do. I guess we're back to the quote of Rick's post though - WWE really do seem to think the W and L column doesn't mean diddly squat. 

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members

For fuck sake, my Sky box didn't record Raw for some reason. The series link is still live as it's scheduled to record next Monday, but nothing from last night. I've only just noticed, and the only repeat of the three hour show is on now and into the final hour.

Is there another way to watch it on Sky? Do they add it to catch up, if so when? Really want to see this gauntlet match.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

For fuck sake, my Sky box didn't record Raw for some reason. The series link is still live as it's scheduled to record next Monday, but nothing from last night. I've only just noticed, and the only repeat of the three hour show is on now and into the final hour.

Is there another way to watch it on Sky? Do they add it to catch up, if so when? Really want to see this gauntlet match.

Mine did the same. I've had to download the show from a torrent site...

With regards to the show itself, that opening gauntlet match was some of the best wrestling TV they have put on in years. Rollins was the "man of the match" by a mile. Cracking babyface performance.

Is it just me, or is John Cena acting a bit on the "heelish" side lately? Even in his little post match interview, he was making excuses why he didn't win.

• Paid Members

Fortunately I fired up the Xbox and managed to 'watch wrestling' instead (if ya get me playa).

The gauntlet match was excellent, and the decision to have Raw in that format was a bold and rather inspiring one. They tried something different and it worked, they gave us an episode of Raw that I think fans will remember for a very long time.

The Rollins/Reigns part was good, but the Rollins/Cena portion of the match was the real highlight. Fantastic drama. I started to lose interest a bit around Miz/Balor, but Strowman piqued my interest again. It's opened up a previously foregone conclusion and like others I'm no longer 100% certain that Reigns is winning this Sunday. Kudos WWE, a memorable match and episode.

55 minutes ago, The Dart said:

If you only pay for Sky Sports Arena would you have a valid complaint with Sky that one of its weekly shows was moved?  Thought the whole point  of the new packages was paying for the sports you want.

Action and Arena, as the nominated ‘other rubbish’ channels, are bundled together..

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

The series link should still work, it just means that their EPG checking system (used to be people, think it might be automated now) didn’t flag it.

Fuck sake.

Marginally OT, but semi-related, @d-d-d-dAz when did they remove the EPG team? Or do they just not do the links anymore? That was my job until 2015, so must be fairly recently.

Edited by mim731

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

Marginally OT, but semi-related, @d-d-d-dAz when did they remove the EPG team? Or do they just not do the links anymore? That was my job until 2015, so must be fairly recently.

To the best of my knowledge, the EPG team was combined with the Presentation teams and some of the scheduling team. But the biggest impact on content is that a lot of the EPG stuff and the on-air graphics stuff (bumpers, blips, sponsorships etc) is automated now. It's why there's been so many instances of wrong sponsorship going out, or Raw holding events on the end of Smackdown breaks.

Also, most short promos on Sky are automated now, with a voiceover lobbed over the top. It's why there's so many promos which are stock footage or just a holding plate with the fixture information.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Hate to break it to you, but he is.

He probably is, but at least after Monday they've done enough to make you question the result, which is more likely to put eyes on the event.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Surely they're not going with Roman now? Surely this is the end of that plan? Surely they've not had him job to The Miz and now Rollins clean as a whistle only to try and tell us that he's on Brock Lesnar's level? Surely??

I know I'm wrong. I know WWE think that wins and losses don't matter. I know that WWE think if you're a made man with a briefcase or a Rumble win or you're going over on Sunday that you can lose but it just makes less sense than it ever did.

Aye. As fucked as that is, I often think if a decent name loses a match or two on Raw they're going to win the big one on the PPV. As PunkStep points out, to create some doubt, but also because apparently Vince thinks it doesn't matter because they're winning the bigger and more important match anyway. AJ Styles losing to Chris Jericho at 'Mania, then winning the no. 1 contender match the next night on Raw being an example of this.

It's buggered, though. I mind when Jinder lost to Triple H in India, I was terrified that was leading to him going over clean for the title on the next PPV. Rather than, you know, they realised what a waste of time he was.