The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

PLEASE don't get rid of Booker T.  His chemistry with Corey Graves has been fantastic.  Hearing commentators argue and laugh and say stupid things was such a big part of wrestling in the 90s.  This 3 man team is the most I've enjoyed a commentary team since, God, Taz and JR probably.

EDIT: as an example, during the Rumble Booker T said something about no rest breaks in tag team wrestling and reduced Graves to just saying "I give up" or similar.  It was a great, genuinely spontaneous moment of comedy.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

I'm with Loki on this, Booker is brilliant. All the other third men they've had in recent years are the shits and add nothing. I love Booker's incoherent ramblings, he's like an old pensioner that doesn't know what's going on in the world.

Plus, I've never liked the guy mentioned in the spoiler tag. Ever.

What exactly is John Cena’s gimmick these days? Elder statesmen who is a bit sad that he has to beat the new generation? Very strange behaviour after the match. Though, it’s a nice twist on the ‘point to the sign’ nonsense: I’ve never seen anyone do it apologetically before.

Unless they unfreeze Undertaker, I really don’t know what Cena can do of any note at Mania. He’s joined Orton in the ‘top big to leave out but what?’ category.

I don’t really have much love for shows which are just qualification match showcases. Did enjoy the big, nonsense Braun/Kane angle though.

I’d be more than happy for them to do Braun/Kane in a falls count anywhere match at Mania, just turn it into a massive brawl around the stadium.

Love that Braun forgot his lines in his promo with Angle, corpsed for a bit and then just ploughed on. The key words he clearly forgot were ‘im sorry’... as in ‘I’m sorry I didn’t do more...’

Instead he went with with ‘you’re right...’ (pause for eternity) ‘...you’re right I didn’t do more’

Good work big lad.

Felt like a massive own goal not capitalising on the Ronda stuff. Even if they’d filmed something backstage the night before, pretending it was on Raw. Some sort of bone for the people they’d presumably imagined they’d have brought to the product by signing her.

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Unless they unfreeze Undertaker, I really don’t know what Cena can do of any note at Mania. He’s joined Orton in the ‘top big to leave out but what?’ category.

I don't think he is quite in Orton's category yet, but I think he's close.

I said in the other thread that I think he could end up tagging with Ronda against HHH & Steph, plenty of time to get there after EC.

I really can't see The Undertaker match happening.

Edited by The King of Old School

• Paid Members

Just stick him and Orton in another endless feud? Keeps them both busy, and they can usually turn out a decent match.

Even if it’s against Cena i don’t want to see an Undertaker match, the retirement was perfect and he can’t ‘go’ anymore so a match with Cena would be a disappointment anyway, a shame they had the pointless promo at Raw 25 in my opinion.

could they put Cena & Orton as a team against somebody? Not really that interesting but something we’ve not seen before, an old guard vs new with KO & Zayn?

5 minutes ago, The British Bushwacker said:

Even if it’s against Cena i don’t want to see an Undertaker match, the retirement was perfect and he can’t ‘go’ anymore so a match with Cena would be a disappointment anyway, a shame they had the pointless promo at Raw 25 in my opinion.

could they put Cena & Orton as a team against somebody? Not really that interesting but something we’ve not seen before, an old guard vs new with KO & Zayn?

It was a long time ago, but it's been done before. Cena & Orton vs. the entire Raw roster in a 2 on everyone handicap elimination match. Cena & Orton won with a clean sweep.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, The British Bushwacker said:

Even if it’s against Cena i don’t want to see an Undertaker match, the retirement was perfect

I still maintain that it was a really shit retirement. The match wasn't that good, nobody knew beforehand it would (or would likely) be his last match and even afterwards nobody was still sure he was done. Given his incredible tenure with the company, which is probably more illustrious and eventful than anyone's, he deserves a fucking tremendous and massive send-off. Others that don't come close to Taker have had better send-offs than him.

• Paid Members

I think they left it intentionally open-ended to see how capable he would be once his various surgeries were completed, because we all know he'll come back and wrestle tomorrow if Vince gives him the call. So while it was obvious what him leaving his gear in the ring symbolised, they've avoided saying the word "retirement" just in case - and at the same time, this is a man we've seen literally disappear, be buried alive, and get "killed" in so many ways, getting rid of his hat is never going to quite feel final enough, is it?

They should have had RAW 25 last night instead of last week, without the rumble in the way they could've gone full pelt with storylines and angles or knowing wwe probably not, but Cena could've challenged Taker etc because nothing could happen til after Rumble or it would give away whats happening.

For Taker I'd like them to go like 'Logan' full on, old gunslinger that knows the next fight will kill him but needs put out his misery type deal, tag it as 'One Last Ride' or something so everyone 'knows' but doesn't if that makes sense.

Balor seems to be getting treated better these days, a Balor Club heel turn could do great things, I had an idea of him winning Rumble then challenging AJ for WWE Title at Mania, a good story could be build of the Balor Club jumping to SD Live and going heel, Japan history etc

Wonder what he'll do at Mania, Club vs New Day? 

I haven’t watched in a while, so this might be a well-worn thought, but Raw seems really disjointed from a talent perspective. I definitely don’t think it helps having both Roman and Cena in that ‘megastar that no one likes’ role.

I almost wish they’d just pull the plaster on both of those, just to see how it’d work with that ‘blue eyes booed’ dynamic taken from the show for a bit. It’s been over a decade with that as a defining characteristic of the main event.

Fuck it.

They should just book Cena/Miz and Reigns/Lesnar for Mania. Cena wins the IC Title then OUT OF NOWHERE helps Reigns win the UT in the main event. Crowd muchos sad (Seriously. Pause. How great would life be for the 24 hours after John Cena screwed Lesnar to help Roman Reigns win the title. In front of the Mania crowd. Jesus Christ.) Then for the next 6 months or so you just do the two man power trip. Just TELL ME you wouldn’t pay all the money to see Cena/Reigns versus some weird monster mash-up team of Lesnar/Strowman at Summerslam in a wild brawl. Actually, Cena/Reigns v Lesnar/HHH (or Rock) would be a pretty big match.

I appreciate the above is nonsense. I’m tired. Piss off.

*edit* one issue they have is that a generation of fans have been programmed to boo whoever they think is popular with management. The boos already started for Rousey’s name on Raw. Dollars to doughnuts she’s booed out of the building at ‘Mania.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

31 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Balor seems to be getting treated better these days, a Balor Club heel turn could do great things, I had an idea of him winning Rumble then challenging AJ for WWE Title at Mania, a good story could be build of the Balor Club jumping to SD Live and going heel, Japan history etc

Wonder what he'll do at Mania, Club vs New Day? 

Probably something unimaginative like challenging Miz for the IC title or something.