The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

24 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I'd be gutted if Joe misses out on Wrestlemania again. Was he injured last year too? I remember he fought Sami Zayn on the PPV the month before, but can't remember if he was injured or they just didn't have anything for him to even make an appearance

He wasn't injured, he wrestled on Raw the next day.  Creative decision to keep him out of the Andre Battle Royal I guess but was surprised he didn't appear at all during the HHH/Rollins match.

That's the one.  You really have to wonder about wrestling fans sometimes.  Chanting nonsense during an actually dull Sheamus vs Randy Orton match where the winner gets to face Big Show later on in the show (Raw after Mania 29) is one thing for the morons, but doing it during Balor & Rollins vs Owens & Joe.  What do they actually want?

2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Apparently They didn't show the Ultimate Deletion to the live crowd at Raw. While it was airing on TV, the live audience got the Rhonda/Dana Brooke thing, Elias came out, cut a promo and then Braun whooped him.

That makes sense. During watching it, I couldn't help think it would be awful to watch in an arena. I mean, I weren't really that fussed about watching it at home, but it definitely wouldn't be suited to an arena.

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Oh yeah, that tag match main event featuring all the internet favourites that the crowd say are "held down", which they then ignored in favour of beachballs, Mexican waves and chanting bollocks

The modern RAW after Mania fan right there. They’re absolute bellends. It’s shite now. From the ‘disclaimer apology’ from Michael Cole at the start of the show right through to the desperation from the fat virgins to get a banter-tactic chant going to tell all their mates on Facebook about.

37 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Braun's partner should be Alexa, that would be awesome storytelling after the fun they've had in the MMC.

It will be interesting to see what WWE do with the MMC match tonight. You would have thought that Braun & Alexa were going to win the whole thing given that their charity is Connor's Cure (and that they have been the best duo). But Asuka loses her unbeaten streak if she or Miz lose the match (or so say WWE, based on their quarter final match). It is going to end up being Asuka pinning (or submitting) Alexa again while Miz distracts Braun isn't it?

• Paid Members

On the assumption that it matters, then the person with the most to lose or gain re : momentum for Mania will go over...... which yes, is Asuka. The unstoppable won't be stopped here, you wouldn't think.

• Awards Moderator

It did seem odd the way Cole repeatedly mentioned the Streak. Given how little of what goes on in MMC is 'canon' it seems perverse to wave Asuka's Streak. 

The other weird thing is to give out tiers of cash to charities in a predetermined competition. "Unlucky SARS Kids, your team lost so you only get £6.75."

• Paid Members

Please don't suggest that just in case somebody at WWE sees it and thinks it's a great idea.

Cass is heel, wouldn't make sense. I know Elias is heel, but that'd be a 'strange bedfellows' kind of situation which they could easily tie in with their ongoing feud. Samoa Joe would make some sense, as although he is a heel there is a large portion of the crowd (Mania crowd, especially) that will cheer like fuck for him regardless. But nobody likes Cass, though.

I wouldn't mind it being Big Show to be honest, it'd make for a good spectacle. He's in tremendous shape and looks great with his beard. A short-run of him and Braun mowing through everyone would be a good way to keep Braun occupied until his inevitable title run.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Joe's been gone long enough that they could easily bring him back as a babyface - Cass just doesn't really have any goodwill behind him to come back with any momentum. Big Show would be fun, and would make sense, but is he sticking around after Wrestlemania (assuming he does appear on the show)? I'd rather just see him in the Andre Battle Royal, either winning it again as a "thank you" on his way out, or using it to put someone over on the way out.

Rumours all seem to suggest that Elias is the most likely, though it doesn't make a lot of kayfabe sense when Strowman keeps beating him up! I could see Braun refusing to choose a tag team partner and having Elias forced on him, though.

Personally, I wouldn't give Elias a match at Wrestlemania - have him do a "concert" that can be interrupted by whatever legends and celebrities are on hand, take a Stunner or whatever. Get hit with a guitar by Jeff Jarrett. Just keep Kid Rock away from it.

In story context Braun will not consider for a second that he needs someone to help beat the Bar, he just needs someone to stand on the apron so that it's officially a tag team match. It will not matter one bit to him who it is, so I can see it being someone to either be a weapon or a strange bedfellow for some yucks down the line. Elias fits both perfectly, or maybe Ellsworth is visiting friends backstage and Braun grabs him, he can have a mania moment and another short run.