The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

2 hours ago, sj5522 said:

When was that? Totally missed anything to do with Axel

I can't speak for last night but I know at wrestlemania there were a bunch of people cheering for him and chanting for him.

Probably to be totally unique and against the grain, and to 'hijack' the show. Complete idiotic cunts. Same ones that moan how talentless and uncharismatic he is when being pushed.

Fans were mostly twats as well established during this show, but "fuck that owl" during the Hardys match was gold. God knows what the people not following the independents or TNA make of this Hardy comeback 

Edited by sj5522

1 hour ago, FattHardy said:

I can't speak for last night but I know at wrestlemania there were a bunch of people cheering for him and chanting for him.

Probably to be totally unique and against the grain, and to 'hijack' the show. Complete idiotic cunts. Same ones that moan how talentless and uncharismatic he is when being pushed.

We cheer for Axel because we like him. What's there to understand?? There are several acts (Fandango, Breeze, Bo Dallas, etc) that UK fans tend to like that people might not agree with.  It's different strokes for different folks. 

Probably take a look in the mirror before you start calling people idiotic cunts. 

20 minutes ago, TATTA said:

We cheer for Axel because we like him. What's there to understand?? There are several acts (Fandango, Breeze, Bo Dallas, etc) that UK fans tend to like that people might not agree with.  It's different strokes for different folks. 

Probably take a look in the mirror before you start calling people idiotic cunts. 

I have seen literally zero evidence to support what you're saying in regards to those workers being over barring the exception of the fortnight where Fandango's theme was a bit of a thing.

27 minutes ago, TATTA said:

Breeze and Fandango are underutilised gold, but this is the first I've heard of an Axel UK cult following. Not hating, it's just very peculiar. "We adore the guys who wrestle on superstars and haven't done anything of note in years if ever!" alright mate. But I didn't even hear this supposedly massive pop, so whatever

Edited by sj5522

No evidence,  yet this all came from questioning why he got cheered. Surely the cheers are evidence.

Go back on the network and rematch the UK shows. Axel was cheered against Sin Cara a few years back. Probably more instances but I can't think from the top of my head. 

I was there both nights and he didn't seem as over as is being implied at all, all he got was a bigger pop than Titus' did and an 'Axelmania' chant for about 45 seconds during the Raw/ Main Event match but I heard nothing Axel related at Mania whatsoever.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

I'm assuming that it was a Superstars/Main Event match then. I don't have an issue with making some noise for that for the one time in the year. I thought it was something I somehow missed on Raw. I'd sit in desolate silence for Axel v Titus myself, but my loss I guess

7 hours ago, Winston said:

Reigns is sorely lacking a dance partner, a genuinely over white meat baby face. The only person coming through who could be that guy is possibly Finn Balor. Even though they are a bit of a mismatch in size.

They just have to take their time with him. Having him steam roll through Braun & Brock the next few months won't do it, just have him become more and more dastardly over time.

I wouldn't mind if Reigns slowly went about his business, I would like to see him retire the likes of Goldust, Kane, Mark Henry, Big Show, Goldberg etc, almost putting down and killing a generation whilst building a bit of heat. Him retiring Goldberg at Summerslam would be fantastic setting him up to face Brock at Mania next year. 

21 minutes ago, TATTA said:

No evidence,  yet this all came from questioning why he got cheered. Surely the cheers are evidence.

Go back on the network and rematch the UK shows. Axel was cheered against Sin Cara a few years back. Probably more instances but I can't think from the top of my head. 

Hardly meaningful when you take into account the post-Mania crowds are willing to cheer for anyone and anything if it makes them seem wacky and cool. By your logic, Michael Cole and Randy Savage should be the two most popular guys on the roster.

Getting cheered by the live crowd isn't an indication of someone being popular. Is that person shifting merch? Are they a reason for ticket sales? Would they draw in numerous areas? You have to take in a lot more than them being cheered by a notoriously loud and smark-filled crowd.

Edited by AdamTH17

1 hour ago, TATTA said:

The fact you can pin point an exact match that he last got cheered him, and have outright said it was a "few years ago" shows that you've not a clue what you're on about.

No looks in the mirror needed. Thanks though pal.

Fucking hell, best, most action packed Raw in fuck knows how long and we're bickering about Curtis Axel. Only on the double F. 

If it's merely cheering to be wacky and against the grain, then why cheer Axel and not Titus?

I can pinpoint a match from a couple of years ago because I was there. I'm sure there are loads more examples, but I'm not going to trawl through them to prove a point to people who have already made up their minds and feel there is a "correct way" to enjoy wrestling.

At every house show that I've seen Axel at, he has been over. It's hardly a case of the crowd trying to get themselves over at a house show.  I prefer to use UK crowds as a barometer as the Americans tend to sit on their hands.