The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

So Charlotte's going to win after Flair swerves Sasha because he's the 'Dirtiest Player in the Game', making Sasha look completely stupid for ever having trusted him in the first place, right?

Enzo is great but him and Cass are rapidly getting the New Day 'Get the fuck off my screen!' heat with me, sadly. 

Poor Sami Zayn. Oh no, sorry, wait, it's the Road Dogg's 'What do you want him to do - win?' mentality isn't it? 

Who has had more face/heel turns - Big Show or Alicia Fox? 

Still - Jack Gallagher! Yay!! 

They've totally fucked Sami Zayn. He comes across now as a total midcard loser, and not a particularly over one either.

I liked the Rusev and Enzo stuff, it's a bit daft maybe but at least it's something different. With the big bar fight last week and now this it's nice to see WWE doing some story advancement outside of just endless matches.

Charlotte has improved so much, even in the last few months. She's a great heel.

I'm starting to think that we're going to get Owens Vs Jericho at the Rumble.  

As much as I enjoyed that hotel segment with Rusev/Lana and Enzo I couldn't help but wonder why Lana would have Enzo's phone number when she sent him that selfie. 

It looks like they are just playing hot potato with the Raw womens title now, I wouldn't be surprised to see Charlotte regain it at Roadblock.

Why has it taken 14 weeks for Rollins to call out HHH?

I found this so out of the blue in terms of suddenly specifically calling him out that I had to read back a few weeks I missed to see if Triple had been on TV since the attack

I was exactly the same.

In reading the results its was like "whaaa?", clearly set up for Wrestlemania, but very random to say the least. Should have made roadblock triple threat, then have Triple H turn up to help Owens win again....thus leading to Rollins/Triple H

• Members

As much as I enjoyed that hotel segment with Rusev/Lana and Enzo I couldn't help but wonder why Lana would have Enzo's phone number when she sent him that selfie. 

There's loads of ways to send saucy photos to acquaintances and work colleagues these days. You should have been at my office Christmas party. 

Really enjoyed that whole running story myself. I'd like to see them do this with someone different every week just to give the undercard guys ANYTHING to work with.

Watching Raw this week was not the challenge it was earlier this year when I was on the verge of packing it all in. Last few weeks have been quite decent. 

Roadblock....End of the line - what a convoluted piece of shite name that is, just leave it alone, Roadblock is all kinds of wank but it just became a lot wankier.

They have totally ruined Owens/Zayn, all the history they have to call on and they are blowing through literally ALL of their stuff in an unadvertised throwaway 9 minute spot fest that may well have got this is awesome chants but just pissed away anything they could have built to. Lack of stars.

I really enjoyed the Enzo/Rusev stuff in the hotel, didn't come across forced and Enzo's selling was top notch. Good work all round that was.

Can't even remember much more of the show, it was just there.

• Paid Members

Roadblock....End of the line - what a convoluted piece of shite name that is, just leave it alone, Roadblock is all kinds of wank but it just became a lot wankier.

I'm assuming they've only done it to avoid confusion with the last Roadblock event, which also took place in 2016'

See this is one of the very simple things a show like Progress did really well. Champions are not guaranteed a rematch for the belt and that stops the never ending clusterfuck of belts gong back and forth.

WWE discard the rematch rule when it suits them. At the moment, they're completely reliant on it though to cover for the small roster. Sasha and Charlotte aren't fighting all the time because of a WWE by-law, they're fighting all the time because the division is just them and Bayley. Same with Ambrose and Styles in the WWE title picture on SmackDown. Had Ellsworth not fallen into their laps, the main event end of the blue brand would be in a terrible way.

Do you mean that they are bonafide main eventers in NXT or would be on the main roster? Because I think only Roode would make his way into the main event picture at the minute. Possibly Joe depending on how he was portrayed, but Nakamura is a long way off main eventing on the main roster. Nothing against him at all, but no way would he be anywhere near the main event if he was brought up.

Edited by PSF

Thats the thing, with the NXT guys (and I like all of them), but its how you use them upon main roster debut.

Some of the gimmicks are over in NXT, because it evolved from something else and everybody is in on that development. When they hit the main roster and the casual audience have no idea who they are, they have nothing to latch onton in terms of who that person is and why they act in certain ways.

Other times it's just outright wins/losses. If you bring Nakamura up and he destroys everybody heading straight into a main event run, then yeah he'll be a main event guy. If he comes in loses to Heath Slater then nobody will take him seriously at all, and it'll be a huge wasted opportunity.

Roode in himself is more "proto-WWE" so it would be fair to assume he'll be up there at some point , but Joe/Nakamura or anybody else could be a top guy, if they are booked in the correct way. Joe, in my opinion, could be HUGE if presented correctly and his overall loses are minimal to non existent for a long time.