The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Moderators

Fair enough, it just looked a bit arsey. Mind you, it's text. It happens. I don't put "mate" or "chief" or "brother" or "pal" at the end of a sentence on here like I do in person for example.

• Paid Members

Another shockingly good show, I thought.

Liked the opening. It was the most blatant of "Tag Team Playa" setups but Enzo is just such good value that I didn't care. Sasha and Charlotte opening was a nice change too.

The fair GM also feels refreshing and I liked all of Foley's appearances. The stuff with Heath Slater was so fucking obvious but again, Slater is so good that it delivered.

Rusev/Henry floats my boat and Rusev/Reigns most definitely does. I'm clinging on to the hope that Reigns heel beard is a sign and a loss to Rusev sends him over the edge.

Jax and Strowman were handled perfectly again. I mean, it's not fair that Strowman gets to fight such a small dude and all, but I'll get over it.

RKO out of nowhere was a fucking ace way to finish the show. It's a bit early in the brand stuff for the whole "He's from Smackdown! What's he doing here?" angle but I can live with it. I've enjoyed Randy Orton for three shows in a row now. I think the world must be spinning backwards or something.

Gallows and Anderson looked GREAT again. Really fucking ace. I love their entrance. It screams big time. Their gear is cool and they're laying waste to the biggest pain in the arse on the show. What's not to love?

Seth Rollins and his cartoon villain laugh can fuck the fuck off. Good stuff with Zayn though.Not really feeling this Balor/Rollins match. Rusev/Reigns feels bigger.

Michael Cole: "This is a VERY important match between Titus O'Neil and Darren Young as guys jockey for position in the new era".

Fucking hell, Maggle, you are a trier. I'll always give you that.

• Paid Members

I was proper crushed when the big ending of that great speech from Henry being ready for one more run turned into a match with Rusev. At that moment I realised it wasn't on. Reigns v Rusev should be alright, I guess.

The only thing I really thought was rubbish was what I expected to be rubbish going in and that was the Balor/Rollins lines recital. The panto laugh was in full flow and neither man seemed convinced they could kick a bin, never mind another mans skull.

Enzo is Don and the RKO was perfect.

Another very strong Raw.

Loved the opening of the show and the ending with Orton hitting the RKO on Lesnar.

I don't think I will ever get bored of Enzo, unbelievable on the mic.

Jericho was good throughout again and Owens on commentary is always fun.

Less is more when it comes to Stephanie. The way she was used last night should continue.

Liked the recap of last week before the show started. Hope that becomes a weekly feature.

Really enjoyed that.

Enzo and Jericho even had my girlfriend laughing and she is one of those girlfriends that's embarrassed I watch wrestling. Enzo is so good in general but the form Jericho is in just now is incredible. Even his backstage interview was hilarious.

Jinder looked like a big powerful guy when he delivered that kick which I've never really noticed before.

Braun continues to look great but I hate the finisher - it doesn't look devastating enough in my opinion.

I've never been a fan of Randy Orton but he's been brilliant since his return and looks like he's having fun which is making a difference.

Oh, and Reigns v Rusev will be brilliant.

• Paid Members

I normally go to bed around 1am, but thought I'd stay up just to see what the opening segment was. Didn't move from my seat until it was over, a refreshingly good opening segment and very funny. Enzo was bang on form as usual, Sasha held her own and Charlotte is really making strides in this area.

Jericho was the star though and had me in stitches- his "I'M GUNNA THPELL IT OUT" killed me. Reminded me of The Rock when he took the piss out of Test that time (What's that all aboot).

• Paid Members

Aye, forgot to mention how good Charlotte has been since she told her old man to piss off. Maybe it's because she was always overshadowed by Ric Flair being out there, but she always comes across and carries herself like a star these days. She's easily been the best full-time WWE female heel since Michelle McCool.

Edited by ColinBollocks

I loved the opening segment and subsequent tag team match. WWE can brand around the 'New era' title as much as they want but it's stuff like this which actually adds substance to it. Chris Jericho has full on transitioned in to his latest character reinvention and is dropping constant ridiculous lines and faces which is what the 2016 audience want - like a less extreme 'Broken' Matt Hardy.

Enzo, Sasha and Charlotte are all fresh faces and it was such an easy and enjoyable watch in comparison with a lot of The Authrotiy opens we have had over recent years.

This week Balor, Owens and Reigns didn't compete in a match and they are stronger for it and what they did provide on the show was more impactful. Good work.

If Roman goes on to claim the U.S. Title he is entering the spot that many thought he was more suited to and if he loses it might be the straw that breaks the camels back and leads to him losing it and dropping the morals. Both options sound good to me.

Balor was solid enough in his first big promo. Seth is very comfortable and is the clear face of the company now with Roman dropping down. I don't know which way I would like the Summerslam match to go but Finn losing doesn't seem all too logical.

Ahh, this Brock return would have been so much better without all the negative attention of late. I don't think I need to hear Paul Heyman again either to be honest. I get that he's trying to sell an event and add gravitas to what is going on but I'm sure the bloke who has taken his kids along that isn't a huge fan just wants him to shut the fuck up. I feel like his delivery these days is aimed purely at the people that would go along to his 'Evening with Paul Heyman' shows and nod along in agreement with him.

I'd actually be all for Orton getting the win at Summerslam but I'd just prefer that Brock's first proper loss was against a Nakamura, Owens, Joe or Reigns...someone that could either get a huge leapfrog in status from it or have the ability to run with it. I don't see Orton being active for years to come.

Was never gonna hit the highs of last week and Balor and Banks winning, that's just impossible but it still felt like a very fresh show. Awesome ending with Orton ''invading'' to RKO Lesnar too. Like the way they had the backstage segments that gave the matches some meaning. It's gonna take time to give a shit about some of the people they're featuring, there's not much star power but at least everyone is getting something to do.

Guessing they're gonna have Rollins and Reigns as the champions to create two big matches for their events over the next few months before feuding again. Reigns/Rusev should be fun and there's some good heel opponents for him to face if he does win the title. Not sure who the hell Rollins is gonna main event with once he's done with Balor though. Cesaro, I guess?

Edited by AndyUK

Enzo & Cass against Owens and Jericho at SummerSlam then? I am looking forward to how Owens and Jericho work as a pairing. 

Overall, RAW was another belting show. They seem to have put a real effort into making this "New Era" work.

Feels like Jericho Vs Enzo at Summerslam but they'll probably do the tag match. If Enzo WERE to go over I could see a secondary singles title in his near future. I just think the IC would suit him more than the US but that's a minor niggle.

Jinder Mahal. Out of all the people. He was released for a reason. I give him 6 months.

But yeah, inoffensive show. Didn't have to pay quite as much attention as last week because I wasn't expecting any match classics.

I really, REALLY want Sasha Vs Charlotte to be contested in a cage at some point, preferably blue bar!