The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
I was saying the other day that the NAO probably only came back for that 'Mania money

They are both already under contract. Road Dogg is an agent and Billy Gunn is a trainer at the performance center.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Awards Moderator
The way its being built is that Bryan vs HHH is the money match. They are portraying the match to me makes it impossible for them to use Triple H as a bloke you run through to get to the bigger match.

The build is definitely that way, that Bryan MUST get his revenge with on HHH and then he'll be satisfied. But if that's what's happening, that still leaves the question of what are they going to do with Heel vs Heel in their (on paper) most important match?

• Paid Members

My guess is that there's a stipulation added to the HHH/Bryan match - the way you had Orton/Batista/Bryan interacting at the end of the match made it feel like they're aiming for a 3-way.

So, either Hogan makes this match, or Bryan lays out the suggestion: HHH vs Bryan. If Bryan wins, he gets added to the Mania main event. If he loses, he can never challenge for the world title again.

I kind of think the ship has sailed for Daniel Bryan to be added to this years Wrestlemania title match. It's about a month away, so to do that you'd have to establish his feud with Triple H a little more, and then you'd need him involved with Orton and Batista too. That's an awful lot of work for creative to do before Mania.

I'd honestly be happy with Bryan V Triple H at Mania and then hold off Bryan's actual title win for another PPV. You have to remember, WWE's plan longterm was to bring back Batista and have all the fans behind him to defeat a heel Orton, however seeing as Batista gets more heel heat than Orton right now that plan has backfired.

This would have been perfect if Money In The Bank was still on at Mania..have Bryan win that, then you've got a very hot crowd during the title match going crazy chanting for Bryan to cash in which would make the reward even more satisfying.

I kind of think the ship has sailed for Daniel Bryan to be added to this years Wrestlemania title match. It's about a month away, so to do that you'd have to establish his feud with Triple H a little more, and then you'd need him involved with Orton and Batista too. That's an awful lot of work for creative to do before Mania.

I'd honestly be happy with Bryan V Triple H at Mania and then hold off Bryan's actual title win for another PPV.

That would work well as a lead in for SummerSlam, Batista wins at Mania, becomes aligned with HHH as the "new face" of WWE. Bryan is in tag match teaming with Cena vs wyatts at Extreme Rules. HHH gives Orton a chance to redeem himself by facing Bryan at Payback, MITB sells itself (or even put Bryan in the MITB match so he can cash in anytime) then begin burn to SS

They've got four 3hr RAWs and four 2hr Smackdowns to work with between now and Wrestlemania (not including this weeks smackdown tapings which includes SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Bryan & Show v Kane & Batista

. That's 20 hours to fill I'm sure they'll figure out something to develop it.

Its the audience that's convinced itself that Bryan is going to be added to the match and then win the title, same way they convinced themselves that he was winning the Rumble

Edited by KingOfMetal

• Paid Members

Batista's promos are far more about Bryan than they are about Orton. Orton and Bryan has been established since Summerslam. They were all physically interacting at the end of Raw. The pieces are all in place. All they need is to make it official.

All Bryan has to do is make a challenge along these lines - "You want to make sure I know my place? How about this. If you beat me at Wrestlemania, I'll never challenge for the title again, and I'll keep to my B+ spot. But if I win, you add me to the title match." All motivations are there, they all hate each other and it gives you a main event of a knackered Bryan going up against HHH's two best mates.

Not a fan of the stipulation that if Bryan doesn't beat HHH he will never get another shot, would just seem to telegraph it even more and seems too over the top to seem believable. At least cast some doubt and say it will never be as long as HHH is in charge

• Paid Members

The theory for that is fine and all, but in reality, a Bryan v Triple H match is way bigger than Bryan v Batista v Orton for the title. Bryan overcoming HHH by making him tap in the middle of the ring is a much bigger pay off than him winning the belt, so much so that winning the title later in the show would feel somewhat anti climatic.

You can use a victory over Triple H as a way of getting Bryan a title shot further down the road, be it the next PPV or Summerslam or whenever, but Triple H isn't the guy of guy you have to go through first to get a title shot later. The way this storyline has been played out since Summerslam last year is that beating Triple H is the end game here, not some bit part in a one night mini arc.

That would essentially mean Triple H v Bryan would have to go on first match, more than likely (maybe top of the first hour), and I just can't see Triple H curtain jerking Mania 30. The guy only wrestles once in a blue moon, he is a special attraction performer at this point. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Orton v Batista goes on before HHH v Bryan.

• Paid Members

Yeah. The fact Triple H keeps emphasizing how if he were to put the boots on again, it would have to be for something big. Having him play the Scott Hall to Bryan's Goldberg on the way to something bigger really sounds unthinkable if you really think about it. They are building Triple H coming out of the suit and tie as something big if you listen to how they are talking. And this is Triple H he beat Brock Lesnar and had two matches against the Undertaker for the last 3 Manias. Is he really going to do a job in the 3rd match for Bryan to go into the main eventer later in the show? The more I think about it, the more it sounds impossible for this to happen. And this is HHH's first outing as a heel since 2006 is it not?

Anything is possible of course, but it would mean breaking the habit of a lifetime for them to put HHH in a distant secondary role like this. Unless they make it a 4 way and have basically Evolution vs Bryan for the title.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Yeah. The fact Triple H keeps emphasizing how if he were to put the boots on again, it would have to be for something big. Having him play the Scott Hall to Bryan's Goldberg on the way to something bigger really sounds unthinkable if you really think about it. They are building Triple H coming out of the suit and tie as something big if you listen to how they are talking.

Don't disagree with that but also don't for one minute believe they are going to go with a heel vs. heel WrestleMania WWE title match.

I think Bryan tempts Trips into the match with a stip like Bryan leaves WWE if he loses and asks for the title match if he wins. That or someone puts Bryan into the title match and then Trips accepts Bryan's challenge knowing that would mean Bryan would enter the title match on the back of a beating.

Here's a thought...seeing as Paul Bearer is going into the Hall of Fame, who will induct him? Mick Foley? Has he burned too many bridges recently? I don't think it will be The Undertaker, as that would mean him effectively breaking character for 20 mins or so, something I can only see him doing once HE goes in himself. Who else would that leave? Vader is the only other guy he managed in WWF, but that was fairly short lived. Would be a shame if it was just some random guy off the roster....

• Paid Members
Here's a thought...seeing as Paul Bearer is going into the Hall of Fame, who will induct him? Mick Foley? Has he burned too many bridges recently? I don't think it will be The Undertaker, as that would mean him effectively breaking character for 20 mins or so, something I can only see him doing once HE goes in himself. Who else would that leave? Vader is the only other guy he managed in WWF, but that was fairly short lived. Would be a shame if it was just some random guy off the roster....

Kane?

It amazes me how people have gotten so wrapped up in feeling personally insukted that Bryan may not be in the Wrestlemania that theyve forgotten the potential of Bryan and Hunter being a really good match. With the quality of both guys and the emotion leading into the match it has the strong possibility of being match of the night by some considerable distance.