The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

They've announced that Shawn Michaels is presenting the Superstar of the Year Slammy this upcoming week. Cena usually wins that award, but the obvious point of interest would be if he had to present the award to Daniel Bryan.

EDITED because Daniel Bryan isn't Danish AFAIK

Edited by gadge

• Awards Moderator
They've announced that Shawn Michaels is presenting the Superstar of the Year Slammy this upcoming week. Cena usually wins that award, but the obvious point of interest would be if he had to present the award to Danish Bryan.

You've put the idea of a Michaels vs. Bryan match at WrestleMania into my head now.

• Paid Members
If Daniel Bryan was still in the main event picture, it would have been a cracking heel move to have him win the vote and The Authority overrule the fan vote because its Bryan.

They still might, possibly Kane because of their previous connection and because it was he who booked Bryan against the Wyatt's at the PPV. Would be another bit of ammo for Bray to use as he tries to get him to join up with them and taken down the machine, as it were.

If Daniel Bryan was still in the main event picture, it would have been a cracking heel move to have him win the vote and The Authority overrule the fan vote because its Bryan.

That'd be brilliant. Bryan probably will win the vote, and it'd be boring to have him just win a trophy and go home, or win a trophy and then Kane goes "now prove it in an impromptu match against this bloke you've fought eight times in the last month and are fighting at the next pay-per-view."

The Authority blaming a voting glitch and awarding the trophy to Orton would be great.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Shawn Michaels is giving the award out. Those two being on screen together causes one to think. If he drops him with a superkick, you have to think they are doing a match at WrestleMania. Why else would they kick start that off, when Bryan already got his revenge? Michaels screws Bryan and then Bryan makes him tap out the night after. If it was a one off, thats all you'd need. If Michaels does something tomorrow, then this match could be on. There's talk of Punk and Orton for the belt at Mania (urgh!), so if they are dropping Bryan from a potential Punk title match, then there has to be a reason for it. Who else could he wrestle? Its only Shawn in a teacher vs student thing that could give him a good role at Mania. The Wyatts could give Shawn a good hiding and position Bryan as the heel if you wanted to go that route.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Who would a WrestleMania audience side with out of Bryan and HBK?

Shawn Michaels would be my guess. Daniel Bryan is currently flavour of the month and no doubt everyone would join in with all the "YES" chants at the start, but the Wrestlemania crowd these days is largely made up of part-timers, tourists and old-school fans, and HBK is far more established with that audience than Bryan is. Bryan could possibly get a bit more support if HBK was really heel-ing it up, but even then Mania crowds are typically notorious for disregarding that sort of thing in favour of whoever they simply feel more sentimental about.

• Paid Members

I still think we could get Bryan vs Triple H. That Triple H comment to Bryan on screen that he only wrestles money guys these days convinced me Trips vs Bryan is the plan. Of course plans could have changed but this Shawn bit at the Slammys could be a big part of the set up. The Slammys has often become the stage to start planting seeds for WrestleMania over the last few years and in some nifty fashion also. I think it's more likely Shawn will just end being involved somehow in that match like he always does with Triple H at the big one and it'll end with the feel good moment of Shawn raising Bryans hand and them being mates again. I'd totally not be against Michaels vs Bryan but I think Trips vs Bryan could be absolutely killer itself and do more for Bryan going over then against Michaels.

In the sense of Bryan finally overcoming the evil machine, yeah -- but that story has gone right off the boil, depending on what happens with Bryan and the Wyatts. The Triple H/Orton turn happening at Survivor Series would've played perfectly into Bryan vs HHH at WrestleMania. Of course they're more than capable of swinging focus back to Bryan vs Hunter for WrestleMania, but I don't know that it does more for The Dazzler than bringing HBK out of retirement would. Either option is infinitely more appealing than Bryan vs Punk, though.