UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs Arlovski - May 8th

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ha, well it's probably better this way. To avoid the bellyaching :)

Yeah, I'd go with that. Just amend the title to reflect the next event like we did with the WEC & Strikeforce threads I reckon.

Yeah OK then, I'll leave it another day or two until talk of this show dies off, then I'll rename the thread and I'll keep the subtitle updated with whatever the next card is.

Who's that Dave?

• Paid Members
i dont see what harm a new thread does? the old ones die off quick enough, but whatever :)

I agree - I like reading Wand's intro posts on Page 1.

C'mon lads - don't be gay! There'll be no wrath form Neil, since we're allowed 1 thread per show! This one will bugger off after a day anyway!

• Paid Members

If I'm honest I prefer the separate threads. However, perhaps combine this with the condit and Kampmann card and then have normal service resume. In reality, there are no more shows than they had before. Fox Sports 1 are basically replacing the FX cards and FS2 replacing Fuel. After this initial launch period it will die down.

• Paid Members
If I'm honest I prefer the separate threads. However, perhaps combine this with the condit and Kampmann card and then have normal service resume. In reality, there are no more shows than they had before. Fox Sports 1 are basically replacing the FX cards and FS2 replacing Fuel. After this initial launch period it will die down.

I was more thinking about the two shows a week apart. Aug 28th with Condit vs Kampmann and Sep 4th with Glover vs Bader. With TUF starting the same night, which will be another thread.

I don't know. I don't want to "be gay" as Herbie said ;) (not that there's anything wrong with that). Just thought it might save us the inevitable, recurring circular debate that there's too many MMA threads popping up. And now I know what Neil looks like I don't fancy pushing my luck.

If people are happy with separate threads maybe we just leave it as is until people moan. I suppose Lamby is right that these FS1 shows have really just replaced the FX/FUEL shows.

Maybe we should have a joint thread for the Aug 28th and Sep 4th shows though. Two events in one week, maybe as a one off we should combine those two events into one thread. Especially because they fall in the same timeframe as 164 and the new TUF.

• Paid Members
Well I'm starting a separate thread for each event.

:laugh: is that you Mo Chatra? Didn't Mo used to start three threads for each event? Pre fight, live discussion and post fight?

Me personally, I'm not really fussed either way. Just wanted to throw the idea out there to see what people thought. Seems everyone is mixed on the idea so maybe we should ask one of the mods?

In all seriousness, I think that having one big thread for the FOX/FX shows, and separate threads for the actual PPV's is the best idea.

Yeah I agree.

Like I said for something like Shields vs Maia, I do not think it warrants a individual thread. Plus, its more work for Wand who starts all these threads, I think it would be a bit unfair on him to be expected to start a new thread so often.

• Paid Members
Seems everyone is mixed on the idea so maybe we should ask one of the mods?

That's my point - this was already discussed & decided a few years ago; we're allowed 1 thread per event. You're essentially asking for permission to do something you already have permission to do- that's why I said this whole procrastinating scenario is a bit gay!

Archived