Raw 22nd July Review/Thoughts

BUTCH'S BIG POLL: What is the TV match of the year so far?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It never ceases to amaze me how up in arms this forum can get about a throw away comment that will have been forgotten by the majority of the audience already.

It never ceases to amaze me how insecure a wrestler can be in regards to his profession. I must respect the business more than you if I hated it so much.

It never ceases to amaze me how up in arms this forum can get about a throw away comment that will have been forgotten by the majority of the audience already.

It never ceases to amaze me how insecure a wrestler can be in regards to his profession. I must respect the business more than you if I hated it so much.

It would be a really admirable effort if you could say that sentence in real life with a straight face. :rolleyes:

• Paid Members
It would be a really admirable effort if you could say that sentence in real life with a straight face. :rolleyes:

But I probably wouldn't. Just like I hope you wouldn't be amazed at this forum in real life. Well done for missing the point of posting words on a forum.

*does a real life version of a rolly eyed emoticons*

• Paid Members
Yeah I thought hyping up the UFC as more important than the WWE was daft as well, if anything Punk should have shat all over Brock's UFC run just to wind up the UFC fans like I still think that Triple H should have tapped Brock at Wrestlemania.

Why would UFC fans get wound up by Brock tapping at WrestleMania in a fake fight? I'm sure there are some twats who think like that but I certainly didn't come across anything like that when Brock lost to Cena on his first PPV back, or Triple H at WrestleMania.

I agree though, Punk putting the UFC title win on that pedestal kind of diminishes the WWE title. It was a throw-away comment but it didn't need to even be brought up, it didn't add anything.

• Paid Members

She, admittedly unintentionally, flashed a tit on a pg show. Do you honestly think the reaction would be any different over here? A wink and a nudge "here you go boys, that ones for free"?

• Paid Members
She, admittedly unintentionally, flashed a tit on a pg show. Do you honestly think the reaction would be any different over here? A wink and a nudge "here you go boys, that ones for free"?

To be fair, I think the BBC were willing that to happen Holly Willoughby given the tittybum she was showing consistently.

I know I was. I reckon she has dark nipples, like cigar butts.

CM Punk is quite good at getting over excited and saying something stupid.

No one mentioned it last week, and I didn't want to spoil the party, but he did something similar with Heyman then, too. He used the phrase 'i'll keep you alive just long enough...'. Seriously? That took me right out of the moment. You're not going to kill him; you're not actually Wolverine you silly sideburned twit. I'll give Punk his due, besides the silly UFC comment (it could have maybe been passable if it wasn't prioritised over the WWE title directly in the sentence), it was a very good promo.

I think everyones covered how great D-Bry is.

I'll be gutted if Henry/Usos vs. The Shield is on the pre-show. I think I love face Henry nearly as much as heel Henry. He's just great.

Somethings up with Wyatt already being bumped to Main Event, and not on Raw at all.

John Cena's acting in the 'I just want you to make it to Summerslam...' backstage segment was as wooden as a Victorian dildo. Awful.

• Paid Members
It's this week Total Divas starts, isn't it? This week? The week that one of their stars show one of her puppy noses?

Maybe I'm getting too cynical.

Nah, I don't think so. Good job she apologised, or some people might have missed it!

Raw was a hit and a miss for me. Like everyone else has said, the main event was fantastic. I think they are booking Bryan perfectly at the moment. He was on fire and the match with Cesaro is definitely the best TV match of 2013. Cesaro's European uppercut fest was sick: actually, I think his stock in the eyes of the fans will have risen due to this match alone. It's a shame he isn't more interesting because he is a fantastic wrestler. They should use this as an opportunity to stop with this Real Americans team. Dutch is trying his best but nobody's into them. I also think their catchphrase sends a mixed message as audiences all over the States will no doubt stand and shout "WE THE PEOPLE" even though they are heels.

I'm trying not to panic about the lack of Bray on the show. But yeah, that was disappointing.

It happened to Amanda Holden on the bgt final and I don't remember that kicking off.

Waste of time of a Raw. It felt like a Smackdown. Bryan's three mystery opponents being two boring no-hopers followed by a guy with no momentum at all didn't make for a great main event. The match with Cesaro picked up with the uppercuts, but it was all shit before that, and doing another Cena vs Ryback tables match for next week's show is incredibly lazy. Complete anticlimax to the show, that DQ finish. I forgot about them taping so many episodes this week, this one being crap doesn't bode well. This Raw diminished my interest in Cena vs Bryan. At least the Wyatts will get involved in the Kane match next week.

I like the Prime Time Players a lot, but they shouldn't be having five minute singles matches on telly. It's not their strong suit and they don't have enough credibility for it. Ziggler should be doing interviews and winning easily.

I like Ryback doing a bully gimmick, but being taken to the limit by a small man isn't a great way to start it. I enjoyed Mark Henry's bit as well.

Archived