Raw 22nd July Review/Thoughts

BUTCH'S BIG POLL: What is the TV match of the year so far?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Home ill at the moment, so was able to watch the last two hours of Raw (here it's shown at 10am).

Daaaammmnnnn..... that main event was good fun. I especially loved the Cesaro vs. Bryan part of it. Would love to see these two have a feature length match in the future.

I have to say I'm really enjoying WWE when I get the chance to watch it. In my opinion they are really using the strength of having a 3 hour show... mainly pushing several storylines and also featuring longer matches. Great stuff... hope it continues.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

EVERYONE HAS TO SEE BRYAN VS CESARO RIGHT FUCKING NOW. A massive performance put on by Bryan even if he was with Ryback, who really really really is not the Big Show, during the overrun so people probably turned off in their drives so he'll get a depush.

Really, what a fucking tremendous performance by Daniel Bryan, and dragged a pretty average nothing show to one of decency.

u.gif

Got to say other than Daniel Bryan saving the end of this show (although there is a bit of worry on the Internet now that Ryback may have injured him) I was so disappointed. Big Show was supposed to be returning, No Big Show. Randy Orton is currently holding the WWE Title Money in the Bank briefcase, No Randy Orton. Paul Heyman has just turned on Punk and is starting a good feud involving Brock Lesnar, Heyman only appears in a video feed and No Lesnar. The Wyatt Family are getting some amazing pops after only showing up on Raw a couple of times now and they have everyone talking about what it is they have planned for Kane, No Wyatt Family and No Kane.

I'm not saying I expected to see all of those guys on there, like Brock I understand he has his contracted days, Heyman on the video feed makes sense as it shows he is cowardly, but he could have had Axl jump out and try attacking Punk and turn up for a few minutes in the arena whilst it was happening. Big Show was actually supposed to be there, he'd been advertised.

Then guys like Orton and The Wyatt Family, they have some amazing momentum at the moment, Orton could have turned up and given a little more of his teasing to cash in, make it seem that he is unpredictable. And the Wyatt's have some incredible momentum going, the crowd reactions for them recently have been something else, plus with last week's little mention of Kane I had read and heard from people that they were expecting something more on Kane, maybe have The Wyatt's tease something to do with him this week or even have him turn up either with them or against them. Instead all we had was the mention of Kane will be on Raw next week at the very end of the show.

Usually I don't moan a lot about Raw but I genuinely am disappointed, probably doesn't help staying up to watch it for the first time in ages and I feel pretty let down by it. Might have a good sleep and I'm off work for four days now so I might give it a bit of a better watch tomorrow or over those days and see if I enjoy it more when I feel awake but right now I think all of the momentum has been put on hold and in my opinion that was a terrible decision.

• Paid Members

Yep it was a brilliant match. Absolutely blinding finishing sequence too! It was so remarkably crisp. The show in general was a pretty meh one which had me disappointed because of the lack of the Wyatts but that Bryan - Cesaro encounter made it totally worth it. Punk and Heyman put on another stellar performance on the mic as well. It's such a pleasure to watch two wrestling geniuses working together and putting on world class performances every time.

Punk's promo was great. Bryan was immense. Not much else, really. I know they're doing 4 days of TV this week but there were large parts of the show that felt super phoned in. Not holding out much hope for next week's raw, filming tomorrow, if Bryan's involvement is limited. What an effort, though. Brilliant. I might spontaneously discombobulate if he wins the title at Summerslam, thereby missing the inevitable crushing disappointment when Orton cashes in. It's win-win.

Daniel Bryan is just the most enjoyable thing in wrestling at the moment. The crowd are just into him, and he's so bloody good. You've got to give all the credit in the world to the guy. When he signed whoever would have thought Bryan would be the most over thing in the WWE?

EVERYONE HAS TO SEE BRYAN VS CESARO RIGHT FUCKING NOW. A massive performance put on by Bryan even if he was with Ryback, who really really really is not the Big Show, during the overrun so people probably turned off in their drives so he'll get a depush.

Really, what a fucking tremendous performance by Daniel Bryan, and dragged a pretty average nothing show to one of decency.

u.gif

Power - is that the end of the match?

u.gif

Power - is that the end of the match?

Yes.

• Paid Members

CM Punk saying "and maybe his greatest achievement winning the UFC title" made me fucking ill watching it. What a stupid thing to say. Completely took me out of it. Why would anyone say that on a wrestling show?

Bryan was great, though. The main event was class.

CM Punk saying "and maybe his greatest achievement winning the UFC title" made me fucking ill watching it. What a stupid thing to say. Completely took me out of it. Why would anyone say that on a wrestling show?

Doesn't diminsh wrestling really, it's just referring to another form of 'fighting'. But I get your point. Perhaps the greatest achievement thing was just to annoy Vince.

• Paid Members
Doesn't diminsh wrestling really, it's just referring to another form of 'fighting'. But I get your point. Perhaps the greatest achievement thing was just to annoy Vince.

And bury himself in the process? It was stupid. Of course it diminishes wrestling. UFC isn't another form of fighting. It is fighting. Everyone knows what WWE is. That segment followed a commercial for Total Divas, so credibility of the business is already on its arse going into that. "His greatest achievement" should be winning that belt Punk held for 400 days. Not winning the UFC title. It was such an unnecessary smart arse for the sake of being a smart arse comment. The promo didn't need that at all.

Yeah I thought hyping up the UFC as more important than the WWE was daft as well, if anything Punk should have shat all over Brock's UFC run just to wind up the UFC fans like I still think that Triple H should have tapped Brock at Wrestlemania.

Bryan was rightfully the star of an average show. the Real Americans got a good showing in the process and Ryback is being used the best he can be now but it was a shame that Wyatt only got a video this week but you could argue that it limits the risk of over exposing him and the Wyatt Family.

• Paid Members

Have to say the UFC reference fucked me off too. It pretty much shit over the WWE's heavyweight title's and made them seem second rate. Absolutely nonsensical.

What annoys me all the more is Punk's inconsistency on the mic. People shit eggrolls over how amazing he is on the mic, and I used to be one of them, but he seems to be always far too smug about his talent, which has led him to a level of arrogance and complacency.

The last couple of weeks he seems to be trying to channel someone like Wolverine, but sounds like he is talking by means of a voicebox, like Ned from South Park.

EDIT - What nipslip did I fucking miss???

• Paid Members
EDIT - What nipslip did I fucking miss???

During the closing of the Miz TV/Diva segment, one of the Bella twins had a wardrobe malfunction. She just sat there clapping away oblivious to it. When that new girl slapped Jerry, both the Bella's shift their chairs away from her in a show of disgust, I assume it popped out there.

bella-006.jpg

Archived