Deathmatch Interest Thread 2 (NSFW)

Richie Freebird

Ive been making my way through the whole show. Its a car crash of epic proportions, with shit arsery in nearly every match. Because of that, its unbelievably abosrbing viewing. I might do an old school, Deathmatch Interest Thread, run down of the whole show with added pictures, as I used to love that in these threads. If theres any interest I could start doing that. A few quick points about this show:

- Despite there being about 20 fans in a field for this event, the picture quality is the best Ive ever seen from an indy show. Whats crazy is that one of the camera shots has clearly come from a phone. That said, for some reason this smokes the likes of GCW in terms of picture quality.

- If youve ever seen a Carnage Cup from years gone by, its still the same 'owner' as before. There has to be a good story in here somewhere explaining how for all these years hes had the funds to do shows like this. He must have spent thousands on the weapons at this show. At some points, he goes to the ringside and pushes a weapon to the wrestler who he wants to use it, just like boy whose playing with real like action figures.

- This is wrestling, so until Rare shows his severed finger, Im going on the assumption that it was a work. Theres no other reason why they would do it away from the camera. The worst part about that was that it completley overshadowed the box cutter stabbing, which absolutley was real.

- Firecrackers look and sound tremendous. Great gimmick.

- I thought that guy sounded like the XPW guy, doing the 'Waaaaaaaaah' after every big bump. Cant believe its the same guy after all these years.

Edited by Dai

On 10/25/2021 at 9:46 AM, Merzbow said:

Does anyone know of a good guide or something along those lines for Freedoms and/or current BJW? The bits I've seen, especially in Freedoms have been fucking wild, they really push the boundaries while not just being spots.

Here's a FREEDOMS list of personal favourites since 2017. Nothing from this year as i'm still in 2020!

Spoiler

Daisuke Masaoka vs. Masashi Takeda (Fluorescent Lighttubes & Thumbtacks Glass Board Death Match ~ End the battle of death, 23.03.2017)
Daisuke Masaoka vs. Kenji Fukimoto ( Four Corners Of Pain, 02.05.2017)
Ciclope vs. Kenji Fukimoto (Barbed Wire Board & Gadget Board & Weapon Bringing, 27.08.2017)
Jun Kasai vs. Violento Jack (Fluorescent Light Tubes & Razor Cross Board, 27.08.2017)
Daisuke Masaoka vs. Miedo Extremo (Four Corners Of Pain, 27.08.2017)
Daisuke Masaoka, Isami Kodaka & Takashi Sasaki vs. Kenji Fukimoto, Masashi Takeda & Violento Jack (Fluorescent Lighttubes & 2 Corners Of Pain, 26.10.2017)
Jun Kasai & Takashi Sasaki vs. Kenji Fukimoto & Masashi Takeda (Fluorescent Light Tubes & Alpha, 13.11.2017)
Daisuke Masaoka vs. Violento Jack (Glass Board & No Canvas Ring, 13.11.2017)
Daisuke Masaoka vs. Aeroboy (Glass Board & Alpha, 25.12.2017)
Violento Jack vs. Jun Kasai (Ring Of Pain 300 Fluorescent Light Tubes, 25.12.2017)
Masashi Takeda vs. Kenji Fukimoto (Four Corners Of Pain Alpha, 22.03.2018)
Violento Jack vs. Masashi Takeda (Fluorescent Lighttubes + Double Glass Board, 02.05.2018)
Violento Jack vs. Kenji Fukimoto (Fluorescent Light Tubes & Alpha, 28.08.2018)
Masashi Takeda vs. Jun Kasai (No Canvas & Glass Board, 28.08.2018)
Jun Kasai vs. Daisuke Masaoka (Hell Inside And Outside Hell, 17.09.2018)
Jun Kasai vs. Toshiyuki Sakuda (Fluorescent Lighttubes & Alpha, 10.02.2019)
Jun Kasai & Kenji Fukimoto vs. Takashi Sasaki & Toru Sugiura (Fluorescent Light Tubes, 07.03.2019)
Masashi Takeda vs. Toru Sugiura (Fluorescent Lighttubes & Ladder, 31.03.2019)
Jun Kasai vs. Kenji Fukimoto (No Canvas & Glass Board & Self Board,ย  31.03.2019)
Jun Kasai vs. Minoru Fujita (Razor Cross Board & Alpha, 02.05.2019)
Jun Kasai vs. Takashi Sasaki (Four Sided Lyrical, 15.06.2019)
Ciclope, Miedo Extremo & Violento Jack vs. Kenji Fukimoto, Masashi Takeda & Minoru Fujita (Lucha Extrema No Touch Rule Weapon Bringing, 03.07.2019)
Jun Kasai vs. Toru Sugiura (Fluorescent Lighttubes & Self Board, 03.07.2019)
Ciclope & Miedo Extremo vs. Kenji Fukimoto & Masashi Takeda (Fluorescent Lighttubes & Alpha, 11.08.2019)
Takashi Sasaki vs. Toru Sugiura (Barbed Wire Board & Alpha, 28.08.2019)
Jun Kasai vs. Toru Sugiura (Glass Board & Fluorescent Lighttubes & Alpha, 01.10.2019)
Jun Kasai & Toru Sugiura vs. Ciclope & Miedo Extremo (Fluorescent Lighttubes, 05.12.2019)
Kenji Fukimoto & Masashi Takeda vs. Gunso & Rina Yamashita (Dub Style Tag Match, 25.12.2019)
Jun Kasai & Ryuji Ito vs. Ciclope & Miedo Extremo (RING OF PAIN Razor Cross Board & Alpha, 25.12.2019)
Toru Sugiura vs. Violento Jack (Fluorescent Lighttubes & Glass Board & Alpha, 25.12.2019)
Toru Sugiura vs. Yuko Miyamoto (Tower Of Terror Fluorescent Lighttubes Tower, 10.02.2020)
Violento Jack vs. Daisuke Masaoka (2 Board Death Match, 28.07.2020)
Jun Kasai vs. Toshiyuki Sakuda (Fluorescent Light Tubes & Stimulation Weapons, 28.07.2020)
Toru Sugiura vs. Masashi Takeda (Glass Board & Fluorescent Light Tubes & Alpha, 28.07.2020)
Mammoth Sasaki & Violento Jack vs. Minoru Fujita & Rina Yamashita (31.08.2020)
Toru Sugiura vs. Jun Kasai (Beauty Murder Glass Board, Fluorescent Light Tubes & Alpha, 31.08.2020)
Jun Kasai & Masashi Takeda vs. Minoru Fujita & Rina Yamashita (Glass Board, 04.10.2020)

There's also a FREEDOMS offer match from the Kumamoto Wrestling Festival worth seeing. Jun Kasai vs Violento Jack (Glass Board & Weapon Bringing Death, 04.08.2019)

I'll try and remember to post a BJW list at some point.

Edited by ultimo the great

• 2 weeks later...

I just started FMW-E's US show with H2O and what the hell, they booked a baseball stadium and there's barely anyone there. Worse than the time Global Force attempted it.

Edit: Skipped to the main event and it's not that bad but it's still a tiny crowd for such a venue, I guess a few turned up late.

Edited by Merzbow

18 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

similar to when XPW ran outdoor baseball stadiums or whatever and it was practically empty, strangle ol' thing to do.

Where are you watching those FMW shows? i didnt know they were running in America.

It's on IWTV but I had a bootleg copy, it was just the one off US show to finally have a proper Onita explosion match over there.

Apparently Onita is asking for more money now, too. He's the biggest carney around.

Here's a highlight video. Probably all you really need to watch from the show.ย 

The video quality is amazing! The explosions are fantastic. They looked genuinely dangerous, the exploding lighttubes especially.

Gotta love the addition of straight up fireworks. There's some fancam clips that show the streams of fireworks going up.ย 

Onita doesn't take a single bump, or certainly no big bumps. The fire spot at the end was just reckless as well.ย 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Apparently Onita is asking for more money now, too. He's the biggest carney around.

It's all kicking off around this one - apparently Tremont never gave Onita the amount of money he was promised, and Onita and his people are threatening to expose Tremont's dodgy dealings. Meanwhile, Onita showed up with Rob Feinstein in tow - no idea if Onita knows the backstory there, in fairness - and likely took an additional five figure payday to do a shoot interview with Feinstein.ย 

It seems like carny shitarsery all around, and the only bit I don't believe could be true is that Onita would ever get on a plane to a show without being paid upfront and in full first.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Considering what Abdullah the Butcher did to him you would think this guy would know better.

**EDIT** Holy shit, I've just seen a picture of the referees head.

I've spoiler tagged it because I thought it was pretty graphic and didn't want to just post it normally.

Spoiler

ย