Merzbow Posted Wednesday at 09:40 AM Posted Wednesday at 09:40 AM A convicted woman beater, too. That often gets overlooked as I think it wasn't widely known. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted Wednesday at 09:47 AM Paid Members Posted Wednesday at 09:47 AM other than Nick Khan weirdly being an ECW/hardcore guy (he's apparently the reason New Jack ended up in the games), I can't see any reason for them to be signing Necro to any kind of deal. Even if you leave aside his politics and legal history (none of which would be disqualifying criteria for WWE anyway), what do they possibly get out of it? They can't own a single bit of footage Necro appears in, there's surely no way they're ever making any money off Necro Butcher merchandise even if they do produce some, and while it would be surreal to see him in WWE 2k27, again it's difficult to imagine the profit margins there. Beyond that, what advantage is there to the nostalgia contracts? It keeps him from appearing in AEW, but has there ever been anything to suggest they might be remotely interested? The only other thing I can think of is that it's Dark Side Of The Ring-related, but Necro's way down the list of people to try and get on-side if they want to undermine that show. Quote
Merzbow Posted Wednesday at 11:04 AM Posted Wednesday at 11:04 AM I'd be surprised if WWE/TKO doesn't already have a working relationship or something close to it with the DSoTR lot to have some sort of influence, mainly via The Rock and his production company who's worked directly with them. 24 minutes ago, BomberPat said: Beyond that, what advantage is there to the nostalgia contracts? It keeps him from appearing in AEW, but has there ever been anything to suggest they might be remotely interested? I've seen Tony Khan outright say no to guys who've said less horrible things so I doubt it, unless he's a real sicko and wanted to see Joe kill him off for good. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.