Let's talk FWA

Herne's Son

• Paid Members
On 7/12/2018 at 5:11 PM, elisarcabrera said:

For those who were there: Jonny Storm + Broken Ring + "Hey Baby"

What show was this? Pretty sure I was there.

I think my first FWA show may have also been Seasons Beatings. Then I attended shows fairly often, including Frontiers of Honor. Whatever my first FWA show was, someone had told me the Alex Shane/Mavis story and I brought a sign that said Alex Shane = Mavis that I recall Robbie Brookside finding highly amusing. The start of the JobberToTheStars/Alex Shane feud that never got blown off!

Edited by SpursRiot2012

3 hours ago, nfc90210 said:

If I remember correctly, the show was called High School Hell. 

Edit: Looking it up, I'm pretty sure that was indeed the show. Jody Fleisch wrestled Dino Scarlo, which now (almost 17 years later) is the only specific match I remember.

Mainly remembered for it was the night that had audience on their feet for the ending as locker room cleared into battle lines between old v new

• Paid Members

I remember that night mainly because I did the set-up, left to go fill in for Alex on the Talksport show (giving out live updates which were just what was booked to be happening at that point 😂), and then racing back for the end, and “leaving my commentary point” to try and intervene between old and new school! A busy but incredibly fun night!

• Paid Members

Somewhere I think I still have a piece of the camera Dino Scarlo "smashed" during his match at High School Hell (I think it's a bit of the lens cap, my memory on the specifics is hazy at best as I was about 15), as we were sat pretty much in the front row (had front row tickets, got moved for what I believe were trainees for a necessary dive into the audience spot). That was my first FWA show, got to a fair few after that, including Revival. 

EDIT: Thinking about it, I also have a copy of the programme from Revival, and some other bits somewhere, will see what I can dig out at the weekend. 

Edited by mim731

I have a lot of fond memories of watching tapes of fwa shows and seeing the UK guys like Jack Xavier, jody, Johnny storm and Doug williams and alex Shane and i remember the first time I seen Paul birchill  it was on the wrestling channel you just knew he was gonna be a big star is a real shame wwe dropped the ball with him. 

6 minutes ago, kidzero said:

real shame wwe dropped the ball with him. 

Did they?  I don't think they did, he was at his level in WWE.

Uprising 3 was my first FWA experience and I loved it.  Went to the meet and greet beforehand and had a blast, Stevie Knight was fantastic.

I’m amazed Burchill was around in WWE for as long as he was, but to say he was “going to be a big star” I think is overselling him. When you look at others from the U.K. scene, Burchill did stick out more as he fit the WWE mound better, but he certainly wasn’t going to go any further than what he did, the fact he was around for so long after that Pirate gimmick is a miracle in and of itself. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve nothing against him, but it did seem like people got swept up in the hype because he was the first U.K. signee for quite a while at that time. What’s he up these days? Last I heard he was training to become a firefighter

Edited by WyattSheepMask