Let's talk FWA

Herne's Son

2 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Have a good holiday.  I enjoyed Greg’s book, but am very interested in another perspective on it.

I have only just read for the first time this past week. I am still collating my thoughts. I assume I am pretty absent from it as I was never interviewed - but then I was never asked.

4 minutes ago, elisarcabrera said:

I have only just read for the first time this past week. I am still collating my thoughts. I assume I am pretty absent from it as I was never interviewed - but then I was never asked.

I know little about the FWA and am new to this thread. Are you the FWA founder?

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Elisar. where were the FWA TV (MyTV episodes) pre-tapes filmed? Looks like they were in the job centre.

Cv-1EOVWIAAOA6l.jpg

That was the office at Porchester Community Centre in Portsmouth. Like WWE, the commissioner’s office moved with each show we filmed at. All the other “interior” shots were pretty much Elisar’s flat 😂

Edited by Linus

• Paid Members

Linus, I’ve been on here for years, but had no idea that you were so involved in the FWA.  What was it you did there?

Just re-read the question, and it sounds like I’m having a bit of a go.  I’m not, but don’t know how to word it better!

Edited by Thunderplex

• Paid Members

Ha, that’s fine. I kind of assume that everyone knows when probably not many do!

In a former life I was Mark Priest, probably best known for the commentary on Revival (and 30-odd episodes of FWAtv before that). 

I got hooked up with the FWA in the autumn of 2000, driving the ring van and doing some managing. When the TV Project got off the ground, I transitioned into writing the shows so they could sensibly be carved up by Elisar into half an hour episodes, and scripting backstage scenes.

At that point, the actual wrestling shows were largely put together by Mark Sloan and Alex Shane, while Elisar, myself and Ralph Cardell did the TV side. Dino came on board and the six of us guided the promotion through to the Revival project.

When that failed to get picked up for a series, I decided I needed to go back to the real world and left in the summer of 2002. It was a fun two years!

(I was also storyline commissioner for a transition period between Cab Kennedy and Victoria DeMontfort, and managed to grant myself a title shot against Justin Richards on a CSF vs FWA show. I did not win.)

34 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Linus, I’ve been on here for years, but had no idea that you were so involved in the FWA.  What was it you did there?

Just re-read the question, and it sounds like I’m having a bit of a go.  I’m not, but don’t know how to word it better!

If you watched the original MyTv series you heard his voice every episode. 

As a manager on the early shows he introduced the FWA fans to the man who would be a future Messiah !

And succeeded me as FWA Commish, briefly however as it turns out he was a corrupt so and so.

Edited by elisarcabrera

16 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

So what was your role at FWA One and how did it change over time?

It was where I was first the character Cab Kennedy who would end up being first FWA Commissioner soon after.

behind scenes it was me and Mark running the company and I was primarily doing stories, booking, PR and planning the company expansion. 

Looking forward to hearing about the very early days of the FWA but there must be so much to tell. It would be good to get a podcast on it with a few of the key people involved discussing everything I reckon. I'd have a good time listening to a Pritchard type podcast about the FWA with less Conrad Thompson.