UFC 161: 'Henderson vs Evans'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even if he lost I think Nelson is worth keeping on, he is a worthy Main Card addition and a entertaining top 10-15 Heavyweight. But he is not essential like say a Anderson, GSP or a Jones. Dana has been ashamed of Nelson being associated with MMA pre TUF, I am surprised he let him on TUF 10 and was not shocked when Dana took a instant dislike to him. Dana on the quiet as much as like him is full of double standards, Jon Fitch is as dull as dirt but losing to Maia did not warrant him getting cut, I dislike Volkmman, but he also should have not been cut based on his record in the UFC. These two were cut either due to their style and/or Dana not really liking them, you could argue Fitch was over the hill, but he kept on the more charismatic Koscheck who is touching 40 and lost to journeyman Robbie Lawler.Unless you are Tito or Rampage who bring in the money, if Dana does not like you and you are not a elite fighter or at least a exciting one, you have a limited timespan in the UFC.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you could argue Fitch was over the hill, but he kept on the more charismatic Koscheck who is touching 40

Koscheck is 35, same age as Fitch - but he actually has a semblance of name value and can be entertaining once in a while.
Whoops I thought Kos was older than that.That was my general point though, Kos is kept on due to name value that Fitch does not have. Nothing to do with fighting ability.

• Paid Members

weigh-in results:

Main Card:

Rashad Evans (206) vs. Dan Henderson (204)

Stipe Miocic (243) vs. Roy Nelson (260)

Ryan Jimmo (206) vs. Igor Pokrajac (206)

Alexis Davis (134) vs. Rosi Sexton (135.5)

Pat Barry (245) vs. Shawn Jordan (248)

Preliminary Card:

Jake Shields (171) vs. Tyron Woodley (171)

James Krause (156) vs. Sam Stout (155.5)

Sean Pierson (170.5) vs. Kenny Robertson (170.5)

Roland Delorme (136) vs. Edwin Figueroa (135)

Mitch Clarke (155.5) vs. John Maguire (155)

Yves Jabouin (136) vs. Dustin Pague (135.5)

• Paid Members

Surprised to see Sexton come in heavier than Davis.

Rashad-Hendo_1.jpg

Roy-Stipe.jpg

Davis-Sexton.jpg

Did anyone watch the scrum with Dana? Oddly, he mentioned that he wouldn't mind seeing Werdum vs Nelson if Nelson wins tomorrow night. Now, either Dana is forgetting they've already fought and it was a one-sided battering in favour of Werdum. Or he remembers it well and wants to see Roy take another beating. Neither would surprise me, but either way it's a rematch that doesn't really need to happen anytime soon. Seemed a weird thing to come out with.

Just been watching the Helwani interviews, man, Rosi Sexton seemed nervous as fuck. I don't know if it's the occasion overwhelming her, pre-Octagon jitters or she's just not that comfortable with public speaking but she seemed very uneasy. She's one of the most experienced womens fighters in the sport so maybe it is just more a case of her not being one for interviews. It would be nice to see her pull the upset but I have to give the edge to Alexis Davis. She's got great BJJ, she's scrappy on the feet and she's bigger. They're both very good grapplers but I think Davis' size advantage will make the difference on the ground.

Yeah, I thought that as well. I've chosen Davis to win via first round submission.
I'm with you that Davis wins by submission but in the second round. Is this the third or fourth womens fight in the UFC?I like Roy Nelson, he's got a unique look and can take remarkable punishment. Nelson should get a new contract. I've liked the UFC fights of his I've watched.

It's the 4th:1. Rousey vs Carmouche2. Tate vs woman who was supposed to be Rousey's opposition coach in TUF, but is now injured3. smiley American woman vs German with great legs

Just been watching the Helwani interviews, man, Rosi Sexton seemed nervous as fuck. I don't know if it's the occasion overwhelming her, pre-Octagon jitters or she's just not that comfortable with public speaking but she seemed very uneasy. She's one of the most experienced womens fighters in the sport so maybe it is just more a case of her not being one for interviews. It would be nice to see her pull the upset but I have to give the edge to Alexis Davis. She's got great BJJ, she's scrappy on the feet and she's bigger. They're both very good grapplers but I think Davis' size advantage will make the difference on the ground.

While I'm sure she is nervous, Rosi just talks like that, she tends to stumble and stutter though conversation a bit, its just her style of talking. She has bulked up a lot for the fight, I know she was eating anything and everything to try and get her weight up, she's had to put a fair bit on so I'm surprised she's heavier too.I've never seen Davis fight so no prediction on who will win but it would be good to see Rosi win

• Paid Members

Ah right, I thought it might be something like that, as I said I wouldn't think with her experience she'd be that nervous. She's an interesting fighter for sure, definitely not the stereotypical 'cagefighter' which most non-fans or the media would expect. She actually looks the physically stronger of the two in the staredown photo I posted which surprised me, but I think Davis will be the stronger in the cage. You never know though, Rosi not having to cut much weight could give her an edge in stamina and energy. It's a fun fight on paper. It should be really good if it's more a grappling match because that's both their main strength. Davis is the favourite though, there's a fair bit of expectation that she'll probably be a title contender down the line, Sexton could spoil all that. I can see this being FOTN.

It's the 4th:1. Rousey vs Carmouche2. Tate vs woman who was supposed to be Rousey's opposition coach in TUF, but is now injured3. smiley American woman vs German with great legs

Haha. Are you just really bad with remembering names dopper? Surely you remember Cat Zingano? Fight 3, Sara McMann (smiley) vs Sheila Gaff (legs), I think people were way harsh on McMann. The crowd were very quick to boo that fight, Rogan was very quick to call for a stand up as well. McMann finished the fight within one round. I don't see the problem.

Haha. Are you just really bad with remembering names dopper? Surely you remember Cat Zingano?
I remembered her Christian name, hairdo, and accuracy when laying a few on poor Miesha's jaw."Cigano" kept popping into my head, but I knew that was JDS' nickname rather than a female fighter's surname.

I've completely ignored all they hype and Pre-show videos for this event as I wasn't planning on watching it, as in leaving for the airport at 11 tomorrow morning to do a nice long flight to India, but I've changed my mind and decided to watch it as I like the look of the card.Unsure how the main event is gonna go. If Rashad loses, I hope he drops to 185 and doesn't decide to call it a day

Archived