UFC 161: 'Henderson vs Evans'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, I didn't see that fight, I'm not much of a fan of female MMA.

You didn't see it? I recommend you try watching it. Who knows, you might like this one. Have you watched any other UFC fights involving women?
Nope, not a one.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

McMann and Gaff have fights booked already. Actually all of the women in the UFC do, so they'll have to wait and see what happens before they choose the next matchups.

Shit you're right. McMann vs Kaufman should be good, and Gaff is fighting Amanda Nunes. Yeah, they'll probably wait until after the next FOX show now in late July. They've got Liz Carmouche vs Jessica Andrade and Julie Kedzie vs Germaine de Randamie. They'll have to pair them up from that lot.David, you didn't watch Rousey vs Carmouche? Fair enough if you're not into womens MMA but I thought you'd have at least given it a look being the first womens UFC fight and that. And you're missing out if you didn't see Zingano vs Tate. If you're going to give any womens fight a chance from this year, make it that one.

David, you didn't watch Rousey vs Carmouche? Fair enough if you're not into womens MMA but I thought you'd have at least given it a look being the first womens UFC fight and that. And you're missing out if you didn't see Zingano vs Tate. If you're going to give any womens fight a chance from this year, make it that one.

Those are the two best womens UFC fights so far but preferred Rousey vs. Carmouche to Zingano vs. Tate.

David, you didn't watch Rousey vs Carmouche?

Nope, and when I checked the results the next day it appeared that I didn't miss much. First round armbar? Yup.

Fair enough if you're not into womens MMA but I thought you'd have at least given it a look being the first womens UFC fight and that. And you're missing out if you didn't see Zingano vs Tate. If you're going to give any womens fight a chance from this year, make it that one.

Nah, I didn't watch that one either. It looks to have been pretty pointless anyway, as the girl who lost is doing the Ultimate Fighter with Rousey anyway, isn't she? I assume this means that the UFC have booked Rousey to armbar her again instead of face Zingano?As I said previously, there is a huge gulf in ability between Cyborg/Rousey and the rest. I have zero interest in watching Cyborg smash girls to shit outside the UFC, and zero interest in seeing Rousey armbar her way through largely mediocre opposition.If the UFC ever book a proper female MMA fight between Cyborg and Rousey at 140lbs I'll tune in. Until then, I'm really not interested.

My thoughtsI thought Rashad deserved the nod there, he won 2 and 3 on my card and was winning 1 until Hendo landed that jab. Rashad did look better, but at times as Rogan said did stand in front of Hendo giving Hendo chance to connect. Rashad looked depressed at times like after the second round which I think he won, he walked back into his corner like he was under-performing (and in many ways I think he was at this point)Despite the takedowns not going Rashad's way, he was gaining control up against the fence with them, Hendo was more busy in the clinch but other than the first round, all the meaningful work was coming from Rashad bar the elbow in the clinch. When Rashad chose to show his slickness, speed and angles he showed the differential in talent between the two fighters. Rashad's work was refined and skillful and with great thought put into it, whilst Hendo's was effective at times but very basic and dependent on Rashad making mistakes.Round 3 Rashad stepped up a gear and showed what he could really do, there was more aggression to him and he did things he should have been doing the first two rounds, like being busier in the clinch and using speed and angles to his advantage. For me the better fight won.Speaking of which, Stipe had a bit of a coming out party. Nelson was exposed a bit here as a single minded slugger with questionable cardio. It would seem with Nelson if he does not connect with that laser looping right hand, you can pick him apart with straight punches and by being busier. Stipe not getting the finish should not be held against him, as JDS's points win over Nelson was very similar and you could argue Nelson had more success against JDS than Stipe such was the extent of Stipe's win.Stipe is a promising prospect again, a rematch with Struve would serve him well or maybe a bout with Shawn Jordan. Jordan proved that outside the highest rankings in HW MMA, anyone can beat anyone depending on what night you get them on. Barry was coming off beating the hightly touted Del Rosario, whilst the last time I saw Jordan he was lumbering with Kongo in one of the worst fights I have seen, consistency at HW outside of JDS and Cain is a rare thing these days. I hope Stipe proves he can put it together on a consistent basis.I only watched the Main Card, so I felt it was a decent show. Nothing special, only Jimmo vs Igor I felt was below par.

Nope, and when I checked the results the next day it appeared that I didn't miss much. First round armbar? Yup.
I am not big into WMMA and would stuggle to name 10 female women fighters, but that fight was a really exciting back and forth one rounder. The atmosphere was great with the media attention Rousey brought with her.

I am not big into WMMA and wold stuggle to name 10 female women fighters, but that fight was a really exciting back and forth one rounder. The atmosphere was great with the media attention Rousey brought with her.
You should know by now Jim that I'm not the type who buys into media hype, I buy into competitive fights. The finish was never in doubt, it was always going to be a first round armbar.The same thing will happen in Rousey vs Tate after the next season of TUF.

You should know by now Jim that I'm not the type who buys into media hype, I buy into competitive fights. The finish was never in doubt, it was always going to be a first round armbar.The same thing will happen in Rousey vs Tate after the next season of TUF.

But it was competitive, you were right to think he would win, but were wrong in the actual competitive nature. I get what you mean, as even I was a bit lackluster going onto Sonnen vs Jones and maybe a tad going into Diaz vs GSP, but Rousey vs Tate is not in the same league as Jones vs Sonnen.That said I do strongly favor Rousey by armbar, so you may have a point there.

Worryingly the UFC seem happy enough to put on these bouts that aren't really competitive. It's becoming a regular thing, isn't it? The main events from 160, 159, 158 & 157 all featured either complete mismatches, or featured fighters getting title shots that they didn't deserve, and didn't even come close to winning. I know they're doing it for PPV buys and all that jazz, but it does get tiresome for the fans who don't get all of their fight info from the UFC website or their promo material. I've probably been the least interested in the UFC right now than I have been for years.I'm hoping that 162 provides the goods.

• Paid Members

That GIF is one of the scariest things I have ever seen.

It's from the Countdown to the Bisping vs Wanderlei fight. He's the scouse bloke who managed Wolfslair I believe. Twat was mocking Wand in that gif actually.

Worryingly the UFC seem happy enough to put on these bouts that aren't really competitive. It's becoming a regular thing, isn't it? The main events from 160, 159, 158 & 157 all featured either complete mismatches, or featured fighters getting title shots that they didn't deserve, and didn't even come close to winning. I know they're doing it for PPV buys and all that jazz, but it does get tiresome for the fans who don't get all of their fight info from the UFC website or their promo material. I've probably been the least interested in the UFC right now than I have been for years.

I can't remember where I read it and it wasn't even anything concrete (it was an article somewhere though, not some Sherdog berk :) ) but I was reading a couple of months back, a theory that Dana and the Fertittas might be looking to sell up at the end of the current FOX deal (they have about 5 years left don't they?), and they're just trying to cash in as much as possible before they get out.I stress again, this was total speculation and probably complete shite but it's a thought.

It's from the Countdown to the Bisping vs Wanderlei fight. He's the scouse bloke who managed Wolfslair I believe. Twat was mocking Wand in that gif actually.

I know him.Looks and sounds more like a football hooligan rather than a MMA coach. Speaks like he has about 50 fags a day.

Worryingly the UFC seem happy enough to put on these bouts that aren't really competitive. It's becoming a regular thing, isn't it? The main events from 160, 159, 158 & 157 all featured either complete mismatches, or featured fighters getting title shots that they didn't deserve, and didn't even come close to winning. I know they're doing it for PPV buys and all that jazz, but it does get tiresome for the fans who don't get all of their fight info from the UFC website or their promo material. I've probably been the least interested in the UFC right now than I have been for years.I'm hoping that 162 provides the goods.

The rest of the year we are getting GSP vs HendricksAnderson vs Weidman and potential to have Pettis vs Aldo/BendoAnd although they may end up one sided, legitimate top contenders getting shotsJones vs GustyAldo vs ZombieThe only one in retrospect that was a real piss take was Jones vs Sonnen, the buyrate was not even that high from what I read. GSP vs Diaz would have not been as bad if Hendricks was not about as a clear legit challenger.As long as Jones stays at 205lbs though, any of his defenses are subject to being one-sided, whether they involve a Sonnen or a Gusty.

I can't remember where I read it and it wasn't even anything concrete (it was an article somewhere though, not some Sherdog berk :) ) but I was reading a couple of months back, a theory that Dana and the Fertittas might be looking to sell up at the end of the current FOX deal (they have about 5 years left don't they?), and they're just trying to cash in as much as possible before they get out.I stress again, this was total speculation and probably complete shite but it's a thought.

Dana has never denied that he would not sell up for the right price, as much flak I have given Dana about PED's and double standards, I cannot see anyone doing as good a job at MMA promoting, so if he sells up I fear for MMA's future. Think of all the MMA promoters who have tried to crack America on a large scale basis and failed miserably whilst the UFC have flourished since 2005.

I disagreed with the judges a couple of times last night. I had Pague & Henderson winning their fights 29-28, but I wouldn't argue too much about the decisions going the other way and I may have been slightly biased towards Hendo in his fight. I wouldn't call either a robbery.Dana thinks the Shields match was a robbery though. Granted it wasn't an exciting fight and I'm sure he was hoping for a Woodley win but I had it 29-28 Shields. Jake had a gameplan and it worked, he shut Woodley down for the most part and Woodley just as little as Shields in the fight. If Woodley was given the decision I wouldn't have been outraged, but for Dana to call it a robbery because he didn't get the winner he wanted did amuse me. Should be used to his blinkered vision by now, even one of his boys Florian tweeted him that he had it 29-28 Shields.Miocic & Krause were the stand outs on this show, both looked fantastic. Granted Nelson looked like shit, but Miocic still looked great and did everything right in that fight.

Archived